BHO running in '12 unlikely.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I'm getting a strong feeling that the Bamster will pull an LBJ and not run in '12. He'll be pushed(helped) out by his party.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
The Democrats don't exactly have a leader to replace him at this point, so I find it doubtful that they will push him out of the party.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'm getting a strong feeling that the Bamster will pull an LBJ and not run in '12. He'll be pushed(helped) out by his party.

And I have a strong feeling you are wrong. Why compare him to L.B.J.? From what I can remember about L.B.J. one reason he didn't run for a second term was health concerns. (Had he run and won he would have barely survived the second term anyway.)

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
How many people made the same prediction about Bush because they didn't like him? Just because you don't like the guy doesn't mean his party doesn't.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
How many people made the same prediction about Bush because they didn't like him? Just because you don't like the guy doesn't mean his party doesn't.

You got that right Karrie. :smile::smile: There is a group on this forum on both sides of the political spectrum who are rabid haters of one faction or another to the point where it's a sickness- there was another such guy back in the 40s and 50s - his name Joseph McCarthy. :lol::lol:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
You got that right Karrie. :smile::smile: There is a group on this forum on both sides of the political spectrum who are rabid haters of one faction or another to the point where it's a sickness- there was another such guy back in the 40s and 50s - his name Joseph McCarthy. :lol::lol:
I find the venom spewing far worse on the right than on the left. Having said that, I find both sides are so entrenched in the fiction of politics that they are blinded to reality. I doubt Obama is going anywhere as he is funded and promoted by the same people who funded and promoted Bush. There is no left and right in American politics, just corporate flunkies.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I doubt Obama is going anywhere as he is funded and promoted by the same people who funded and promoted Bush. There is no left and right in American politics, just corporate flunkies.

and who might these same people be? Specifics, no shadowy groups like Bilderburgs or NWO.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
and who might these same people be? Specifics, no shadowy groups like Bilderburgs or NWO.
You can start with corporations, international and domestic, bankers, the industrial/military complex. And the Bildeburgs are not shadowy, they are very much in the public eye lately. The real shadowy groups are behind the Bildeburgs and the NWO, but that might be a little too "foil hat" for you.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I find the venom spewing far worse on the right than on the left. Having said that, I find both sides are so entrenched in the fiction of politics that they are blinded to reality. I doubt Obama is going anywhere as he is funded and promoted by the same people who funded and promoted Bush. There is no left and right in American politics, just corporate flunkies.

Perhaps but one of our most prolific posters here is very much on the left.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
The Democrats don't exactly have a leader to replace him at this point, so I find it doubtful that they will push him out of the party.
Hillary, Joe Biden and Chris Dodd would like nothing better than another kick at the can.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
And I have a strong feeling you are wrong. Why compare him to L.B.J.? From what I can remember about L.B.J. one reason he didn't run for a second term was health concerns. (Had he run and won he would have barely survived the second term anyway.)

I think it was more likely the weight of Vietnam that caused him to quit.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
No doubt that is what conservatives would very much like, it is wishful thinking on their part.

The Republican Utopian scenario goes like this. Obama is down to less than 20% approval, he drops out. There is no viable Democratic candidate.

In steps Palin, she wins by a landslide. In her wake, she brings in more than 60 senators, to give her a filibuster proof majority, and brings in a large number of House members (most of them teabaggers), giving Republicans a big majority.

Now there are no obstacles in the way of her implementing a Fundamentalist Christian Theocracy. She has filibuster proof majority in the Senate, most of House members are in her pocket. Her Fundamentalist Christian agenda proceeds like grease lightening, USA is turned in to a Fundamentalist Christian Theocracy, a mirror image of Iran, and everybody lives happily thereafter.

It remains to be seen if this Republican Utopian scenario plays out in practice. All I can say is, if that does become reality, we better close our borders in a hurry. We don’t want millions of US refugees flooding Canada, like millions of Mexican refugees currently are flooding USA.

Last edited:

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Bush would never have won a second term if there was a decent candidate running against him.