Can this be true?????

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The white House tried to help Arlen Specter after all....:smile:

Sestak avoids questions on WH job offer

From msnbc.com's Carrie Dann
Rep. Joe Sestak’s victory in the Pennsylvania Democratic primary over incumbent Sen. Arlen Specter may have won him the “giant killer” moniker, but it also pulled a bubbling controversy onto the national stage.

As First Read wrote on Friday, national Republicans have used his come-from-behind victory to intensify the spotlight on Sestak’s claim -- first made in February -- that he was offered a job by a White House official in exchange for dropping his challenge to Specter, the administration’s favored candidate in the race.

More

Hey!!! Must be true....it's on MSNBC...:lol:

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
I've already researched it. When one adds scrutiny to Sestak's claim, the alleged job offer occurred last summer, by some unknown official in an off-the-cuff remark.

It comes off as a single, non-serious statement given by somebody. A completely inappropriate thing to be saying, even in jest, but it certainly wasn't Obama himself corruptly conspiring with Sestak, and Sestak heroically rejecting the offer.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
Sestak is such a good leader that I wouldn't be surprised that he was considered for some position in the Obama administration on his own merits, but then somebody foolishly linked a legitimate job offer to his challenge against Specter. And then suddenly, something legit turned into an illegit quid pro quo.

The Old Medic

Council Member
May 16, 2010
The World
If anyone in the administration offered Representative Sestak a job in order to prevent him from running against Senator Spector in the primary, they have committed a felony under US Law.

This is not a minor matter, it is a very major one. It bespeaks coverup, and it is the coverup of felonies that brought Nixon down, not the original event.

If Mr. Obama has any sense at all, he will find out exactly what happened, by whom it happened, and bring this out to the public. If he does not, he will have a cancerous boil on his administration forever.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Republicans Seek Special Prosecutor to Probe Sestak Job Claim

May 27 (Bloomberg) -- Senate Judiciary Committee Republicans want a special prosecutor named to probe allegations by Representative Joe Sestak that he was offered a job by a White House official if he ended his bid for Pennsylvania’s Democratic Senate nomination.
Sestak defeated the candidate backed by President Barack Obama, incumbent Arlen Specter, in the state’s May 18 primary. Since then, Sestak and the White House have been repeatedly asked by reporters and Republican officials to provide more detail about the job offer.
Republicans Seek Special Prosecutor to Probe Sestak Job Claim - Bloomberg.com

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
I guess an investigation is okay, but as I've already said in this thread, you don't need to be the House or Senate Judiciary Committee to see that Sestak's claim falls apart under scrutiny.

You just need Sestak's explanation of what happened to see that.

If there is a special prosecutor investigating this, it's going to be like Ken Starr investigating the Monica Lewinsky scandal. The investigation itself will be pretty comical on the merits.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I guess an investigation is okay, but as I've already said in this thread, you don't need to be the House or Senate Judiciary Committee to see that Sestak's claim falls apart under scrutiny.

In what way?

If he was offered a Whitehouse job in lieu of running for Spectre's seat...there could be trouble for the Obama Administration.

He has said he has been offered a job.

You just need Sestak's explanation of what happened to see that.

If there is a special prosecutor investigating this, it's going to be like Ken Starr investigating the Monica Lewinsky scandal. The investigation itself will be pretty comical on the merits.

This is heating up. Wow.

If anyone in the administration offered Representative Sestak a job in order to prevent him from running against Senator Spector in the primary, they have committed a felony under US Law.

This is not a minor matter, it is a very major one. It bespeaks coverup, and it is the coverup of felonies that brought Nixon down, not the original event.

If Mr. Obama has any sense at all, he will find out exactly what happened, by whom it happened, and bring this out to the public. If he does not, he will have a cancerous boil on his administration forever.

Or get to Sestak and fill his district with pork for his silence or inconsistent testimony when the hammer falls..

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
In case you didn't catch my meaning, Special Prosecutor Ken Starr never got anything on the person he was investigating and the "scandals" that he was investigating weren't even real scandals. It was just a bunch of political enemies of Bill Clinton pretending to be scandalized.

On the Sestak topic specifically, Sestak's claim falls apart for the reasons I've already specified. Just listening to Sestak's story makes clear that either (1) the "job offer" wasn't a real job offer, but rather an off-hand comment possibly said in jest or (2) there was a legit job offer going on, but somebody made a comment about the offer being good news for Arlen Specter since Sestak would no longer be running against Specter for a Senate seat.

Certainly, Sestak's story tells about a single comment by some unknown administration official, and not some premeditated, orchestrated corruption.