Michelle Obama's crusade.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
It's not a 'make kids have perfect bodies' plan YukonJack. It's a health and anti-obesity plan. You're a smart man, I know you do get the difference between having fat somewhere on your body, and being clinically obese.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
I have no idea why First Ladies always have to take up a cause. Why can't they just be First Ladies?

Nancy Reagan had the "Just say NO to drugs" cruseade. Ended in failure.
Hillary Clinton thought that universal helth care was Utopia. Another failure.
Laura Bush championed literacy. Based on the 2008 Presidential elections, that was another colossal failure.

Now this. Has it ever occured to anyone that banning dodge ball, banning playing tag, dropping Physical Education classes, dscouraging competition (i.e. everyone gets a trophy, win or lose) and sit-oh-your-ass computer games have contributed to child obesity?

At least Laura Bush was a librarian and knew what she was talking about.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I have no idea why First Ladies always have to take up a cause. Why can't they just be First Ladies?

Laura Bush championed literacy. Based on the 2008 Presidential elections, that was another colossal failure.

Now this. Has it ever occured to anyone that banning dodge ball, banning playing tag, dropping Physical Education classes, dscouraging competition (i.e. everyone gets a trophy, win or lose) and sit-oh-your-ass computer games have contributed to child obesity?

There you go folks, a message from YukonJack.

Don't try.

Could you address your failure at showing the hypocrisy of the first Lady?

Thanks.;-)

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

It sounds like it's occurred to Michelle Obama yeah. She's pushing for more physical education and physical activity for children.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Avro, I will "slink away" from nothing.

Michelle Obama's main objective is to regulate food. Physical excercise appears to be an afterthought in the article I quoted, sandwiched between two food-related items.

Besides, my point was that a person who is grossly obese herself (just look at her from neck or at least from waist down) should be careful yakking about obesity.

Last edited:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

Michelle Obama's main objective is to regulate food. Pyhsical excercise appears to be and afterthought in the article I quoted, sandwiched between two food-related items.

Besides, my point was that a person who is grossly obese herself (just look at her from neck or at least from waist down) should be careful yakking about obesity.
I guess you're not a chubby chaser eh?

:lol:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

Michelle Obama's main objective is to regulate food. Pyhsical excercise appears to be and afterthought in the article I quoted, sandwiched between two food-related items.

She is not grossly obese. She has large hips and thighs. She is nowhere near clinically obese. And even if she were, there is nothing hypocritical in saying that it is an unhealthy way to live, and trying to change the way society looks at it. I am obese. I will tell you right now that it is not healthy, it is not how kids should live, and we should affect change if we are doing things that are directly linked to damaging our children's health, such as classifying ketchup and french fries as meeting the 'vegetable' requirement on the school cafeteria menu.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

Yeah, some idiotic first ladies tried to eliminate billboards, and planted flowers along the interstates. The First Lady should say nothing unless spoken to, smile a lot, and learn to serve cookies. Period.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Sure, ban tomatoes!
Sure, ban potatoes!

Without these two horrible things where would Ireland and Italy be?

How about classify them as starch and a condiment, as they are, and make it a rule that the schools serve an ACTUAL vegetable along with them.

You're talking a lot about 'banning' stuff, rather than just getting realistic and responsible in how we feed kids.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Trying to stay 'on topic' here, but I'm trying to figure out what the topic is.

Is the point of this thread to:
-insult Michelle Obama for the size of her thighs?
or
-prove how ignorant, stupid, uniformed, and generally moronic some people are?