Ted Kennedy's "Seat" goes to the Republicans

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Never in a million years did I ever think that Massachusetts... the Bluest of Blue states in the Union would send a Republican Senator to the US Senate.

But they just did!

I have been sitting on this all day.

Ted Kennedy truly is rolling over.

Do you think the people are trying to say something?

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
Never in a million years did I ever think that Massachusetts... the Bluest of Blue states in the Union would send a Republican Senator to the US Senate.

But they just did!

Thanks for that news flash, ES...I got tied up today and completely forgot to follow that one on TV...was it close?

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
The good people of Massachussetts decided that it was time to atone for the incredible stupidity of electing that despicable murderer, Ted Kennedy time and time again.

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC
77% in...

53% Brown (R)

46% Coakley (D)

1% Kennedy (L)

WOW! That's a pretty clear decision. I know Brown was campaigning hard against health care and made no bones about it. But imagine...Massachusetts is bluer than a Japanese baby's butt (as my Japanese better half would put it)...and after a last-minute visit by the Prez too. My 'bystander opinion' is "Good Result."

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Scott Brown nailed this with one of the best lines in politics: "This is not Ted Kennedy's seat, it is the PEOPLE's seat."

And Martha Coakley lost it when she didn't know squat about Curt Schilling. IN RED SOCKS COUNTRY!!!

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"Did the talking head choke on that word?"

No, but he was trembling, skaking, stuttering and completely pale in the face.

BTW, where is SirJosephPorter now, that we need him??

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

But they just did!

Have been following this story. The Dems just lost majority in the Senate, if I am not mistaken. Do you think maybe some of the bloom is off the rose for Obama supporters, EagleSmack?

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
"Red Socks?"

Of course! REDSOX is just a version more appealing to the spelling-challenged.

Or, perhaps, the actual name of the team. Funny for you to criticize someone else for not knowing the name of a player, when you don't even know the name of the team.

I'm quite pleased that the Republicans won this seat, because I'm hoping the whole health care thing goes down in flames.

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC

BTW, where is SirJosephPorter now, that we need him??

I think he's away on vacation in the Middle East or Europe...can't remember for sure.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"Do you think maybe some of the bloom is off the rose for Obama supporters, EagleSmack?"

I do not presume to speak for EagleSmack, but in my opinion, this was a HUGE repudiation of Obama, as a person, as a Leader and as a President.

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC

Jeez, I would've paid good money to see that! The poor bugger won't be able to sleep for weeks, trying to figure out 'what went wrong?'

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Have been following this story. The Dems just lost majority in the Senate, if I am not mistaken. Do you think maybe some of the bloom is off the rose for Obama supporters, EagleSmack?

Yes the Super Majority has been lost but they still have the majority.

This sends a message to the Democrats...if Massachusetts can elect a Republican into the seat that was occupied by Ted Kennedy for 47 years... NO ONE IS SAFE!

So try focusing on getting the economy working and getting people back to work. It's what they promised.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
WOW! That's a pretty clear decision. I know Brown was campaigning hard against health care and made no bones about it. But imagine...Massachusetts is bluer than a Japanese baby's butt (as my Japanese better half would put it)...and after a last-minute visit by the Prez too. My 'bystander opinion' is "Good Result."

Apparently, Mass has just finished a long process of their own implementing a new health care system and were none too pleased at the thought of going through the federal one. I listened to several folks being interviewed by CNN, time and again, they mentioned health care.