Democrat Congressman Switches to Republican Party

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
Does that old expression "I have seen the light!" come to mind? That's one down...

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC
Indeed. 1 down, 257 more to go.

Well SirJP...what a surprise to hear from you! :lol:

I believe the term that should be applied here is "continuous improvement." In typical conservative (effective*) fashion, it all starts with a small, measured, well thought out step, and thus begins the trend. In the "right" direction. :cool:

Efficient: Do things right.
*Effective: Doing the right things.

(I'm not exactly sayin' that right is right, and left is wrong...but it does have a ring to it, wouldn't you agree?) :p

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
He was practically a Republican anyway, countryboy, he voted against all the major Democratic bills. So it really doesn’t come as a surprise. He saw the writing on the wall, he barely won the election, in a heavily Republican district, he could very well lose the next time. But if he switches to the Republican Party, that substantially improves his chances in 2010.

However, the same crowd who howled with outrage, who demanded that Arlen Specter be drawn, quartered, put to the rack and burned at the stake for the capital crime of switching form Republican to Democratic Party, the same crowd is now welcoming this character as a hero, as a kind of Messiah.

It is always one standard for one’s own party, totally opposite standard for the different party. It is all politics.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Well SirJP...what a surprise to hear from you! :lol:

I believe the term that should be applied here is "continuous improvement." In typical conservative (effective*) fashion, it all starts with a small, measured, well thought out step, and thus begins the trend. In the "right" direction. :cool:

Really? So are you saying that you expect all the 257 Democratic House members to cross over to Republican Party, one by one?

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Yeah...that's what he is saying. :roll:

Quite so, EagleSmack. So what you are saying is that in an ideal world, in your Utopia, all the members of the House and all the members of the senate will be Republicans, there will be no opposition.

Well, it doesn’t surprise me, many conservatives dream of the day when there will be a right wing dictatorship in USA, with all the members of Congress belonging to one and the same party.

And maybe some day you would will realize your dream, who knows? All the Senators, all the Congress men, the president, all the politicians at the state level will be Republicans. Won’t that be Heaven on earth? Probably as good as the Second Coming, eh?

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Winds of change are indeed blowing....slooowly but surely.

You already said that on another thread, EagleSmack. After 2010 election, most Senators (70, 80, 90, what is the number? You didn’t say) will be Republicans, most House members (again, 400, 450, 500?) will be Republicans and Utopia will appear in USA.

Come 2012, ALL Senators, ALL house members will be Republicans, Joan of Arc will be crowned as the president, God’s party will have an iron grip on the country and there will be 1000 year Kingdom of Christ (sorry, of Republicans) in USA.

Oh, happy days!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You already said that on another thread, EagleSmack. After 2010 election, most Senators (70, 80, 90, what is the number? You didn’t say) will be Republicans, most House members (again, 400, 450, 500?) will be Republicans and Utopia will appear in USA.

Come 2012, ALL Senators, ALL house members will be Republicans, Joan of Arc will be crowned as the president, God’s party will have an iron grip on the country and there will be 1000 year Kingdom of Christ (sorry, of Republicans) in USA.

Oh, happy days!

You are starting to scare me now. Are you alright? Now you are out there in Logic77 Land or Beaver Land

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC
So let me get this straight, average Republican is smart, intelligent, average Democrat is dumb? Well, Republicans got their head handed to them in 2006 and 2008 by the Americans,. Does that also make Americans dumb?

You sound like EagleSmack. According to him, most liberals are racist. Since blacks vote for liberals overwhelmingly, indirectly he is also calling most blacks racist..

So I repeat my question, if you think that all the Democrats are dumb, do you also think that American people are dumb, since they elected dumb politicians in 2006 and 2008, and gave smart politicians (Bush, Darth Vader, Joan of arc and their minions) the boot?

Tut, tut...now don't you go calling Americans dumb. I worked for a US company for 20 years and have many friends all over the states. I resent that insinuation. And the Americans I know personally are quite human. Human enough to make errors in judgement from time to time, but they always come to their senses and do the right thing. I admire people who can do that and be proud of it.

I don't know why you are so focused on racism but I'm not. And it doesn't belong in this conversation. It's those kinds of remarks that are hurtful to your fellow man, and I would appreciate it if you could refrain from those outbursts, please.

And it's hard to address your last paragraph seriously. I think you might have been going to the movies too often or reading too many books or something that triggers these lapses of reality. Just to help you sort this one out, Darth Vader was a fictional character in the Star Wars movies...he did not run for any public office in the U.S. and I have checked the records to make sure of that fact. As for Joan of Arc, she didn't even live in the U.S. so it would have been impossible for her to have run for office.

I think that if you don't care to admit there could be a serious underlying problem here, you could at least check some facts & statistics to help you come to a realistic position on things. These outbursts are troublesome and I am genuinely concerned about your well-being.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
You sound like EagleSmack. According to him, most liberals are racist. - SJP

Never said that. Prove it or admit to all you are again...wrong.

Oh, you don’t’ remember that, do you? Doesn’t surprise me, you probably read that on some extreme right wing website and were parroting that here. If that indeed was the case, no wonder you forgot about it. In that case, you didn’t say it, your far right hero (or heroine) said it.

Well, let me refresh your memory, this is a post by you.

It's Ok though... lot's of liberals are closet racists. Your whole article drips of it. The do-good liberal saying look how good Michelle is to the third world. It amounts to saying...

"Look how good our kitchen help is... she is a role model to the women in the fields and someone for them to look up to. And she is as dark as they come."

Post #8

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/us-american-politics/83788-michelle-obama-perfect-role-model.html

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I see you were careful not to answer my question countryboy, so let me make one more attempt.

You clearly implied that Democrats are dumb. And by implication, Republicans are smart. They have to be, they are conservative, and so are you.

If that indeed is the case, would you say that American people are also dumb, since they voted for Democrats in large numbers in 2006 and 2008 and handed Republicans their head?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You sound like EagleSmack. According to him, most liberals are racist. - SJP

Oh, you don’t’ remember that, do you? Doesn’t surprise me, you probably read that on some extreme right wing website and were parroting that here. If that indeed was the case, no wonder you forgot about it. In that case, you didn’t say it, your far right hero (or heroine) said it.

Well, let me refresh your memory, this is a post by you.

Post #8

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/us-american-politics/83788-michelle-obama-perfect-role-model.html

So basically you just proved yourself wrong whereas you said that I said "most are racist" when in actuallity I said "lots of liberals are racist"

Thanks for proving yourself wrong!:lol:

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
So basically you just proved yourself wrong whereas you said that I said "most are racist" when in actuallity I said "lots of liberals are racist"

Thanks for proving yourself wrong!:lol:

So now we are quibbling over numbers, are we? What does a lot mean? 80%? 90%? 100%? What does ‘most’ mean?

The fact is, you called liberals racists and then forgot all about it (a possible reason could be that you read it on an extreme right wing website and were parroting that here). So my point was quite valid. You claimed that liberals are racist, since most blacks vote for liberals, you indirectly implied that most blacks are racist.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
So now we are quibbling over numbers, are we? What does a lot mean? 80%? 90%? 100%? What does ‘most’ mean?

LMAO

So you admit it right?

The fact is, you called liberals racists and then forgot all about it (a possible reason could be that you read it on an extreme right wing website and were parroting that here). So my point was quite valid. You claimed that liberals are racist, since most blacks vote for liberals, you indirectly implied that most blacks are racist.

Liberals can be and lots are. <ahem>

I never said "most" of anything you did and were proving wrong. Weren't you?

Dance for me!