Lou Dobbs steps down - Finally -

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Lou Dobbs steps down - Finally - Finally the master of Bombast, innuendo and splitting Americans is gone - I never could stand him - He is opinioned and grew to glory by pretending to look out for the common man - To me he is a ****n idiot that has caused more harm than good - twisting facts for a quick line that resonates with the uneducated - Press freedom under the likes of these people has disappeared from the US. Only 2 journalists, If I recall from Colorado were asking the hard questions about Bush and Iraq prior to the invasion - They were hung and pilloried by their peers - turns out they were right - Lou Dobbs was one of those that participated in the pillorying and hanging - Good Riddance.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Rumours are he is looking at moving to Foxnews.. :)

You took the words right out of my mouth, Francis. He may have a good fit with FOX news.

In his parting speech, he said that he wants to do something concrete about what he has been saying. So I don’t know if he is thinking of running for public office.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Lou Dobbs steps down - Finally - Finally the master of Bombast, innuendo and splitting Americans is gone - I never could stand him - He is opinioned and grew to glory by pretending to look out for the common man - To me he is a ****n idiot that has caused more harm than good - twisting facts for a quick line that resonates with the uneducated - Press freedom under the likes of these people has disappeared from the US. Only 2 journalists, If I recall from Colorado were asking the hard questions about Bush and Iraq prior to the invasion - They were hung and pilloried by their peers - turns out they were right - Lou Dobbs was one of those that participated in the pillorying and hanging - Good Riddance.

I guess you and I have to agree to disagree on this score Goob. I've spent many many hours watching Lou Dobbs and found him to always be factual in his reporting, although possibly at times a little unrealistic as far as dealing with real world situations, but he was VERY LOYAL to his country and fellow American workers and ALWAYS said exactly what he thought. I think he'll be missed by many millions of Americans.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I always thought he was a bit of a right wing nutbar, it was funny to listen to him.
And when people ranted about the 'liberal' CNN media, I wondered if they'd ever watched him. Kept expecting him to show up on the Mexican border shooting illegal immigrants.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I always thought he was a bit of a right wing nutbar, it was funny to listen to him.
And when people ranted about the 'liberal' CNN media, I wondered if they'd ever watched him. Kept expecting him to show up on the Mexican border shooting illegal immigrants.

Dobbs sure stood up for those border guards who were unjustly sentenced to 12 years for shooting those dope smugglers after telling them numerous times to stop and desist. That was the turning point where I lost a lot of respect for George Bush, actually I was amazed Dubya would take the side of foreign dope importers.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W

Tell us how you really feel!;-)

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Dobbs sure stood up for those border guards who were unjustly sentenced to 12 years for shooting those dope smugglers after telling them numerous times to stop and desist. That was the turning point where I lost a lot of respect for George Bush, actually I was amazed Dubya would take the side of foreign dope importers.

I think that so much of the American service industry works on illegal labor that none of the political classes dares to make any real noise about it, lest they lose their housekeepers, gardeners, and all of their friends' workers. And therefore, the drug runners using the same pathways get a free ride.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I think that so much of the American service industry works on illegal labor that none of the political classes dares to make any real noise about it, lest they lose their housekeepers, gardeners, and all of their friends' workers. And therefore, the drug runners using the same pathways get a free ride.

You are probably right, but I can't condone anyone who would see honest workers put in prison for 12 years for doing their jobs. Thank God they finally got released but not until serving a couple of years at least.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island

Slavery by another name!