Why The Special Treatment For These Trouble-makers?

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Obama Reaffirms He Will Keep Israel’s Nukes ‘Secret’
Posted By Jason Ditz

Following up on assurances he made in May, President Obama has reportedly ‘reaffirmed’ a secret understanding whereby he will not reveal the existence of Israel’s widely known nuclear arsenal, nor will he pressure Israel to join the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT).

Though Israel has often, albeit accidentally, publicly revealed that they have nuclear weapons, the United States officially has followed a “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy with the arsenal, the only one of its kind in the Middle East.

The revelation is likely to cause some international consternation, particularly since President Obama championed a bill at the UN Security Council only last week demanding that all the nations of the world to join the NPT.

Despite this call, the US publicly and angrily rejected a resolution calling for Israel to join the NPT only a week before that, saying that it was “unfair.” Israel has ruled out ever opening up its arsenal to the same international scrutiny as NPT signatories do.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
What secret? The way I read the Washington Post article, it said that Obama would not pressure Israel to disclose what nuclear weapons it has nor pressure Israel to sign a disarmament agreement.
I think Jason Ditz has an appropriate last name.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Hence my question....why the special treatment for these trouble makers?:roll:

What secret? The way I read the Washington Post article, it said that Obama would not pressure Israel to disclose what nuclear weapons it has nor pressure Israel to sign a disarmament agreement.
I think Jason Ditz has an appropriate last name.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
If it's a secret then why does everyone know about it?

I think with Israel you leave her alone and she will leave you alone,mess with her and your going to get it back 100 fold.

The peeps over there have been fighting since before Christ.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Hence my question....why the special treatment for these trouble makers?:roll:
You'd have to ask the Big O that one. But, my point was that the Big O wasn't trying to keep anything a secret, he just won't pressure anyone to reveal their secret. There's a difference.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Obama Reaffirms He Will Keep Israel’s Nukes ‘Secret’
Posted By Jason Ditz

Following up on assurances he made in May, President Obama has reportedly ‘reaffirmed’ a secret understanding whereby he will not reveal the existence of Israel’s widely known nuclear arsenal, nor will he pressure Israel to join the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT).

Though Israel has often, albeit accidentally, publicly revealed that they have nuclear weapons, the United States officially has followed a “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy with the arsenal, the only one of its kind in the Middle East.

The revelation is likely to cause some international consternation, particularly since President Obama championed a bill at the UN Security Council only last week demanding that all the nations of the world to join the NPT.

Despite this call, the US publicly and angrily rejected a resolution calling for Israel to join the NPT only a week before that, saying that it was “unfair.” Israel has ruled out ever opening up its arsenal to the same international scrutiny as NPT signatories do.

Again with Israel - You conveniently forget to mention the neither India or Pakistan have signed the NPT - But then again they aren't Jews now are they - Those evil Jews -Such a simple minded creature you are. Please note that I give you credit for having a mind, just not much of one -

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
If either China or Russia was willing to stand behind Iran, it wouldn't be a problem... lately, it hasn't seemed like they were willing.

However, I do like the presence of the people calling for less gun control calling for more international weapons control. Because, you know, controlling weapons is completely useless.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
ok....now why the indifference when Israel pops up in this serious matter?
Why does the West wear blinders in it`s case?:-?

Again with Israel - You conveniently forget to mention the neither India or Pakistan have signed the NPT - But then again they aren't Jews now are they - Those evil Jews -Such a simple minded creature you are. Please note that I give you credit for having a mind, just not much of one -

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
However, I do like the presence of the people calling for less gun control calling for more international weapons control. Because, you know, controlling weapons is completely useless.

Cleverly perceptive! "Bombs don't kill people,...

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
If either China or Russia was willing to stand behind Iran, it wouldn't be a problem... lately, it hasn't seemed like they were willing.

Who, me?

Did you hear me say that the posession of nukes should be illegal????????

No, because, if you've read any of my posts, you know what I think of international law..........it is a farce. Something like Canada's gun control laws. A waste of time and focus.

What I do think is that nations should act unilaterally if they are threatened by Iran having nukes.......something like shooting a nutcase out on the street with a rifle.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
*get yo lilly-white ass back here Colpy!*:smile:

Well, given the savage reputation Israel has earned, using it`s conventional weapons and no sign of remorse for lose of innocent life or limb using them, one would think those same perpetrators, holding atomic weapons, would light up first on the watch list.
But no.
I guess as long as it`t likely to be an Arab (or Persian) neighbour that suffers from any maniacal act from this overly-protected and retarded child of a nation, all is well in the eyes of the West. Political correctness on a global scale?

(Sigh) What special treatment??????

Last edited:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
*get yo lilly-white ass back here Colpy!*:smile:

Well, given the savage reputation Israel has earned, using it`s conventional weapons and no sign of remorse for lose of innocent life or limb using them, one would think those same perpetrators, holding atomic weapons, would light up first on the watch list.
But no.
I guess as long as it`t likely to be an Arab (or Persian) neighbour that suffers from any maniacal act from this overly-protected and retarded child of a nation, all is well in the eyes of the West. Political correctness on a global scale?

JBee, you are a little slow on the uptake here. Israel has had nukes for decades.......since before the 1973 Yom Kippur War, in which the very existence of the nation was seriously threatened.

And guess what?

No mushroom clouds.

Israel has been extremely responsible in this matter..........

Iran, on the other hand, keeps threatening to destroy Israel at its first opportunity......

Nuclear Weapons - Israel

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
ok....now why the indifference when Israel pops up in this serious matter?
Why does the West wear blinders in it`s case?:-?
JBeee - Every post is Anti US and Isreal - One track hatred - as i mentioned before - you are simple minded. Iran and Nukes - scares the hell out of Arbs and the West - But you are OK with this.