Another War in the Works

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
By Paul Craig Roberts September 28, 2009

Does anyone remember all the lies that they were told by then-president Bush and the "mainstream media" about the grave threat to America from weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? These lies were repeated endlessly in the print and TV media despite the reports from the weapons inspectors, who had been sent to Iraq, that no such weapons existed.

The weapons inspectors did an honest job in Iraq and told the truth, but the mainstream media did not emphasize their findings. Instead, the media served as a Ministry of Propaganda, beating the war drums for the U.S. government.

Now the whole process is repeating itself. This time the target is Iran.

As there is no real case against Iran, Obama took a script from Bush’s playbook and fabricated one.

First the facts: As a signatory to the Non-Proliferation Treaty, Iran’s nuclear facilities are open to inspection by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), which carefully monitors Iran’s nuclear energy program to make certain that no material is diverted to nuclear weapons.

The IAEA has monitored Iran’s nuclear energy program and has announced repeatedly that it has found no diversion of nuclear material to a weapons program. All 16 U.S. intelligence agencies have affirmed and reaffirmed that Iran abandoned interest in nuclear weapons years ago.

In keeping with the safeguards agreement that the IAEA be informed before an enrichment facility comes online, Iran informed the IAEA on Sept. 21 that it had a new nuclear facility under construction. By informing the IAEA, Iran fulfilled its obligations under the safeguards agreement. The IAEA will inspect the facility and monitor the nuclear material produced to make sure it is not diverted to a weapons program.

Despite these unequivocal facts, Obama announced on Sept. 25 that Iran has been caught with a "secret nuclear facility" with which to produce a bomb that would threaten the world.

The Obama regime’s claim that Iran is not in compliance with the safeguards agreement is disinformation. Between the end of 2004 and early 2007, Iran voluntarily complied with an additional protocol (Code 3.1) that was never ratified and never became a legal part of the safeguards agreement. The additional protocol would have required Iran to notify the IAEA prior to beginning construction of a new facility, whereas the safeguards agreement in force requires notification prior to completion of a new facility. Iran ceased its voluntary compliance with the unratified additional protocol in March 2007, most likely because of the American and Israeli misrepresentations of Iran’s existing facilities and military threats against them.

By accusing Iran of having a secret "nuclear weapons program" and demanding that Iran "come clean" about the nonexistent program, adding that he does not rule out a military attack on Iran, Obama mimics the discredited Bush regime’s use of nonexistent Iraqi "weapons of mass destruction" to set up Iraq for invasion.

The U.S. media, even the "liberal" National Public Radio, quickly fell in with the Obama lie machine. Steven Thomma of the McClatchy Newspapers declared the non-operational facility under construction, which Iran reported to the IAEA, to be "a secret nuclear facility."

Thomma, reported incorrectly that the world didn’t learn of Iran’s "secret" facility, the one that Iran reported to the IAEA the previous Monday, until Obama announced it in a joint appearance in Pittsburgh the following Friday with British Prime Minister Gordon Brown and French President Nicolas Sarkozy.

Obviously, Thomma has no command over the facts, a routine inadequacy of "mainstream media" reporters. The new facility was revealed when Iran voluntarily reported the facility to the IAEA on Sept. 21.

Ali Akbar Dareini, an Associated Press writer, reported, incorrectly, over AP: "The presence of a second uranium-enrichment site that could potentially produce material for a nuclear weapon has provided one of the strongest indications yet that Iran has something to hide."

Dareini went on to write that "the existence of the secret site was first revealed by Western intelligence officials and diplomats on Friday." Dareini is mistaken. We learned of the facility when the IAEA announced that Iran had reported the facility the previous Monday in keeping with the safeguards agreement.

Dareini’s untruthful report of "a secret underground uranium enrichment facility whose existence has been hidden from international inspectors for years" helped to heighten the orchestrated alarm.

There you have it. The president of the United States and his European puppets are doing what they do best – lying through their teeth. The U.S. "mainstream media" repeats the lies as if they were facts. The U.S. "media" is again making itself an accomplice to wars based on fabrications. Apparently, the media’s main interest is to please the U.S. government and hopefully obtain a taxpayer bailout of its failing print operations.

Dr. Mohamed ElBaradei, director general of the International Atomic Energy Agency, a rare man of principle who has not sold his integrity to the U.S. and Israeli governments, refuted in his report (Sept. 7, 2009) the baseless "accusations that information has been withheld from the Board of Governors about Iran’s nuclear program. I am dismayed by the allegations of some Member states, which have been fed to the media, that information has been withheld from the Board.

These allegations are politically motivated and totally baseless. Such attempts to influence the work of the Secretariat and undermine its independence and objectivity are in violation of Article VII.F. of the IAEA Statute and should cease forthwith."

As there is no legal basis for action against Iran, the Obama regime is creating another hoax, like the nonexistent "Iraqi weapons of mass destruction." The hoax is that a facility, reported to the IAEA by Iran, is a secret facility for making nuclear weapons.

Just as the factual reports from the weapons inspectors in Iraq were ignored by the Bush regime, the factual reports from the IAEA are ignored by the Obama regime.

Like the Bush regime, the Middle East policy of the Obama regime is based in lies and deception.

Who is the worse enemy of the American people, Iran or the government in Washington and the media *****s who serve it?

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I don’t see Obama going to war against Iran. For one thing, Obama is a lot more sensible than Bush. For another, Iran is much bigger than Iraq, and war against Iran would be even more of a disaster than the Iraq invasion.

So I don’t see any war between USA and Iran. That does not mean that USA or Israel cannot bomb the nuclear installations in Iran (like Israel did in Iraq a few years ago).

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Yes, Iran reported Qom as a waste disposal site, but not an enrichment facility, which it has now been revealed that this site also serves as. Iran was also in violation of the Safeguards Agreement by not disclosing nuclear materials imported into Iran way back in 2003. And now they continue to test longer range ballistic missiles. They provoke Israel all the time. Who is it that really wants war?

You seem very willing to ignore one propaganda, while wholesale swallowing others' propaganda.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Tonington, I understand that Qom is a holy city, similar to Mecca or Median (though nowhere near comparable to them, of course). If Israel were to bomb Qom, it could get particularly ugly. It may rile up the Muslims all over.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
And now they continue to test longer range ballistic missiles.
Of course. How else do you make money launching satellites without rockets.

It's not about Israel. It is about controlling space above Central Asia with the help of Russia and China.

Jew and Muzzie crap is just fluff.

It's about HUGE money in sat com and keeping an eye out for shady Americans.

If they do bomb it will be the rockets and then say well bombing the nuke disposal would be an eco media nighmare that would see far too much protest.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
I`d be more concerned with that nut-state, Israel and the slew of nuclear weapons it has and refuse to disclose to the world.

I don’t see Obama going to war against Iran. For one thing, Obama is a lot more sensible than Bush. For another, Iran is much bigger than Iraq, and war against Iran would be even more of a disaster than the Iraq invasion.

So I don’t see any war between USA and Iran. That does not mean that USA or Israel cannot bomb the nuclear installations in Iran (like Israel did in Iraq a few years ago).

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
If the Americans were foolish enough to mess around with Iran, then I suggest Americans would likely be subjected to widespread and fairly intense terrorist attacks on US soil.

I can't imagine they are that stupid, but you never know.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It wouldn't be terrorists. It would d be a coalition of "the pissed off and had enough".

Cut of EU's oil and gas and see where it gets you.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
The US has already sewn the seeds of future acts of revenge on it`s soil....just a matter of time.
Like 9/11, just when the populace least expected it...THWACK, right square in the nuts.

If the Americans were foolish enough to mess around with Iran, then I suggest Americans would likely be subjected to widespread and fairly intense terrorist attacks on US soil.

I can't imagine they are that stupid, but you never know.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Tonington, I understand that Qom is a holy city, similar to Mecca or Median (though nowhere near comparable to them, of course). If Israel were to bomb Qom, it could get particularly ugly. It may rile up the Muslims all over.

WHO CARES??????

Good Lord, I am tired of Muslim arse-kissing.

Now, let me explain something to you lovely peace-loving folks out there.......something about human nature, something about human history, something about the world.......and why your view of it is particularly dangerous.

The entire course of human cultural development has been decided on the battlefield.

The clash between the intellectualism, and relatively open society of Athens and the rigid culture of Sparta was decided in open warfare.....the victory of Athens leaving western culture with a heritage of knowledge and relative freedom.....imagine a victory of the Spartans???? How would our culture's very foundations have been changed?

The clash between barbarians and the culture of law laid out in the Roman Empire.

The clash between Christianity and the pagans.......

The clash between the Christian world and the world of Islam.....which, btw, we only won because Islam was divided amongst themselves........and that (at the time) enlightened culture atrophied into the narrow, violent, fascist culture of the powerful Islamic countries of today.

The clashes of the Reformation between the non-conformists and the Catholic Church, which established the concept of freedom of thought....

The clashes between fascism and the "free world".

The clash between Soviet communism and the great capitalist states....never fought directly, because of the treat of total nuclear destruction, but fought, nonetheless, on the economic battlefield, and by the use of massive military threat in containment.....

What history teaches is this: value your freedom? your riches? your ability to speak out and vote?

Then be prepared, ready,...... indeed, eager to defend them against all comers. Be aggressive, threatening, and above all, tolerate no military challenge, when hit, strike back immediately with over-whelming force.......Be self-confident, arrogant....BELIEVE in the superiority of your way........or fail. Be overwhelmed.

Which is why I support western Israel against fascist Hamas.

We are failing in this....we have failed to challenge fascist China......which we should have treated exactly as we did Soviet Russia......and now we see them emerging as a great world power, thanks to our weakness.

The west has been guilty of crimes abroad....no doubt. But an attack on us can not be responded to with hand-wringing and self-recrimination.........but immediate violent retribtion......

So, JBee, where would you rather live? Washington, or Tehran? Simply put, that is the long-term choice. Our future, if we fail to defend our culture, may not be Islam.....but it will be dark, as we turn in upon ourselves, as we become a reflection of the history of Islam........

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
. But an attack on us can not be responded to with hand-wringing and self-recrimination.........but immediate violent retribtion......

I don't disagree with this statement, however, Iran hasn't attacked the US, so I don't see any reason for the US to go after Iran.

If Israel wants to do so, let them, and stay out of the way.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
It's all B.S global political theatre if you ask me. ..Sanctions will be fine..If necessary..Makes America look good / useful internationally while ignoring politics at home.. All game theory that ends with no real progress..Gives global leaders something to do besides what needs to be done.. Like fight climate change/famine/poverty/over population/abusive governments and assist their people in times of need..

Last edited:

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
We shouldn't think about this too much. Instead we should believe everything reported by the news, patriotically trust our leaders and allow fear to guide us.

Read this report!
Report: Iran Less Than 10 Years Away From 2016

August 8, 2007

WASHINGTON, DC—According to an alarming new Department of Defense report combining civilian, military, and calendric evidence, Iran may be as few as nine years away from the year 2016. "Every day they get one day closer," Defense Secretary Robert Gates said during a White House press conference Tuesday. "At the rate they're going, they will reach 2016 at the same time as the United States—and given their geographic position relative to the international date line, possibly even sooner." The report recommended that the U.S. engage in bellicose international posturing, careless brinksmanship, and an eventual overwhelming series of nuclear strikes in order to prevent Iran from reaching this milestone.

Report: Iran Less Than 10 Years Away From 2016 | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Back in 2002, the same tactics were used to manipulate people into fearing Iraq's non-existent WMD stockpiles and blaming Iraq for 9/11. The Onion covered that story too:

North Dakota Found To Be Harboring Nuclear Missiles February 5, 2003

BISMARCK, ND-The stage was set for another international showdown Monday, when chief U.N. weapons inspector Hans Blix confirmed that the remote, isolationist state of North Dakota is in possession of a large stockpile of nuclear missiles.

"Satellite photos confirm that the North Dakotans have been quietly harboring an extensive nuclear-weapons program," said Blix, presenting his findings in a speech to the U.N. Security Council. "Alarmingly, this barely developed hinterland possesses the world's most technologically advanced weapons of mass destruction, capable of reaching targets all over the world."

After initially offering no comment on the report, North Dakota officials admitted to having a stockpile of 1,710 warheads at two military sites and confirmed that the state has been home to an active nuclear-weapons-development program for decades.

Blix called the revelation a "terrifying prospect for the world at large."
Within hours of the announcement, U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan urged North Dakota to abandon its program.

"This is clearly an excessive number of weapons for a place like North Dakota to possess," Annan said. "In this post-Cold War environment, we should be moving away from nuclear proliferation among developing states."

European leaders also spoke out in opposition to North Dakota's weapons program.
"North Dakota, still in its cultural infancy, cannot be trusted to responsibly handle weapons of mass destruction," French President Jacques Chirac said. "We are talking about a place that doesn't even have a Thai restaurant or movie theater that shows foreign films, but still they have the resources to build thousands of warheads. Do not believe their claims of being 'The Peace Garden State.'"

The rest of the article and maps of this grave situation here:
North Dakota Found To Be Harboring Nuclear Missiles | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

I strongly recommend reading "The Onion", America's finest news source.
Home | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Quote: Report: Iran Less Than 10 Years Away From 2016

August 8, 2007

WASHINGTON, DC—According to an alarming new Department of Defense report combining civilian, military, and calendric evidence, Iran may be as few as nine years away from the year 2016. "Every day they get one day closer," Defense Secretary Robert Gates said during a White House press conference Tuesday. "At the rate they're going, they will reach 2016 at the same time as the United States—and given their geographic position relative to the international date line, possibly even sooner." The report recommended that the U.S. engage in bellicose international posturing, careless brinksmanship, and an eventual overwhelming series of nuclear strikes in order to prevent Iran from reaching this milestone.

Report: Iran Less Than 10 Years Away From 2016 | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

That is hilarious! :)

jambo101

Electoral Member
Sep 18, 2009
Montreal
I'll give the Onion a try,as i'm trying to find an unbiased news source..
As for Irans 2016 i think the Mayans are going to beat em to it in 2012.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Sorry just edited /altered above information without anyone noticing .

Thought I'd again bring it to everyones attention..Whether anyone really wants to read it or not..lol..:)..

All International games ..B.S. game theory /threater that ends with no real progress..Gives global leaders something to do besides what needs to be done.. Like fight climate change/famine/poverty/over population/abusive governments and assist their people in times of need..

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Anyone care for a rational debate based on facts or should I just keep posting reports from The Onion?

Here are some facts:

Mohamed ElBaradei is the Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). Here is what he has to say about Iran:

BAS: Is Iran minimizing the risk of its nuclear program - namely by keeping it purely civilian-oriented?
ELBARADEI: We have not seen concrete evidence that Tehran has an ongoing nuclear weapons program. But somehow, many people are talking about how Iran´s nuclear program is the greatest threat to the world. In many ways, I think the threat has been hyped. Yes, there´s concern about Iran´s future intentions and Iran needs to be more transparent with the IAEA and international community. We still have outstanding questions that are relevant to the nature of Tehran´s program, and we still need to verify that there aren´t undeclared activities taking place inside of the country. But the idea that we´ll wake up tomorrow and Iran will have a nuclear weapon is an idea that isn´t supported by the facts as we have seen them so far. It´s urgent, however, to initiate a dialogue between Washington and Tehran to build trust, normalize relations, and allay concerns as proposed by President Obama. To me, that´s the only way forward....
Read the entire interview here:

BAS Interview 010909
Myth: Iran has a secret nuclear research program in violation of the NPT.

Fact: Iran's nuclear research program was well known since the days of the Shah, when it was supported and aided by the US. Since the Islamic revolution, little was known about Iran's nuclear progress. Iran signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) and so far no evidence exists that indicates Iran violated the NPT.

In 1993, the IAEA introduced additional voluntary protocols intended to build confidence that nations respected the NPT. Until Iran signed that additional agreement in 2003, they were not obligated to meet its terms. Since 2003, Iran has opened its nuclear program up to IAEA inspection and investigation. Everything found so far indicates that Iran has been compliant with its NPT obligations. That's not to say that every issue has been resolved. Its normal that it will take time before the IAEA declares Iran to be fully compliant with the Additional Protocols.

BTW, the US signed the Additional Protocols agreement in 1998 and only became fully compliant in January 2009 even though the US as a nuclear weapon possessing state has to meet less stringent requirements than Iran. If Iran's progress is the same as the US, they should be fully compliant with the Additional Protocols by 2014.

References:
IAEA Safeguards Overview: Comprehensive Safeguards Agreements and Additional Protocols

Additional Protocols to Nuclear Safeguards Agreements

Myth: Iran's uranium enrichment activities violate the NPT.

Fact: The NPT allows nations to pursue peaceful nuclear technologies which includes uranium enrichment to produce Low Enriched Uranium (LEU), suitable for nuclear fuel, but not to create components for a nuclear bomb. Iran would be in violation of the NPT if they produced Highly Enriched Uranium (HEU) which is suitable for making nuclear bomb components.

LEU and HEU are created using the same process. Uranium ore is refined and converted to Uranium Hexafloride (UF6) gas. The UF6 gas enters a series of centifuges called a cascade. The more centrifuges in the cascade, the higher the higher the enrichment. Iran's operational enrichment facility is closely monitored by the IAEA, can only produce LEU and complies with Iran's NPT obligations. Iran could use this equipment to produce HEU in violation of the NPT, if they reconfigured it. That would mean tearing everything apart and rebuilding it from scratch. That would take time and would be noticed immediately by the IAEA.

Myth: Iran's recently revealed secret enrichment facility violates the NPT.

Fact: Iran reported this facility to the IAEA while the facility is under construction in compliance with the NPT voluntary protocols. If the US and other nations knew about this facility and believed it violated the NPT, they should have reported it to the IAEA right away. Instead they kept quiet. These nations only went public and started making accusations after Iran revealed this facility to the IAEA.

Iran's new facility would violate the NPT if it was operational and producing HEU or even configured to produce HEU. But the facility is still months away from completion and enrichment equipment hasn't been installed yet. Under the Voluntary Protocols agreement, Iran is only required to report the existence of nuclear facilities to the IAEA when they are six months away from completition.

Under the Comprehensive Safeguards Agreements, nations are required to report their plans to build nuclear facilities. Again these agreements are voluntary and Iran can pick and choose which ones they will respect. Iran initially intended to respect all these voluntary agreements, but they changed their minds after the UNSC imposed sanctions against Iran for their NPT compliant enrichment activity. At the time, Iran said that they would reveal the construction of new sites as per the Voluntary Protocols and not reveal their plans as per the Comprehensive Safeguards requirements. As long as the IAEA gets a chance to inspect this facility before any equipment is installed and Iran does not start enrichment activity within six months of their announcement, they remain compliant with the voluntary protocols.

>>>>

While Iran is NPT compliant and attempting to become compliant with the voluntary protocols, many other nations have violated the NPT and many more have not agreed to the Additional Protocols.

For example, North Korea is a well known NPT violator. But they aren't the only nation. India, Israel and Pakistan are just as guilty of violating the NPT as North Korea. All these nations have built nuclear weapons in violation of the NPT. Sanctions against North Korea are based on the principle that since an overwhelming majority of UN member states have signed this agreement it applies to all nations whether they have signed the agreement or not. But that principle has not been applied equally to India, Israel or Pakistan, only selectively to North Korea.

The five nuclear weapon possessing states (China, France, Russia, the UK and the US) have also violated the NPT. As per the NPT, these nations are obligated to reduce and eliminate their nuclear arsenals. They are also prohibited from conducting nuclear weapon research. Yet all five nuclear possessing states continue to possess nuclear weapon arsenals and continue researching and developing new types of nuclear weapons in violation of the NPT. Also the NPT guarantees the right of all nations to peaceful nuclear technology without interference or discrimination. The five nuclear weapon states are permanent members of the UNSC and voted in favor of imposing sanctions against Iran for their NPT compliant enrichment activities in violation of the NPT.

Definition of Hypocrisy: The practice of claiming to have standards or beliefs that are contrary to one's real character or actual behaviour.

Last edited: