Another Hypocrite Bites Dust!

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
No, this is not resurrection of the old thread. In fact, I have posted this thread several times now. It is always a great day when another Bible thumper is exposed as a hypocrite.

This time it is California assemblyman Mike Duvall. Highly conservative, strong opponent of gay marriage, darling of the religious right. He was caught on tape bragging about his sexual escapades with two women, other than his wife. The dialog is quite racy; you may read the transcript here.

Mike Duvall Transcript

I am not going to give any details here, I am not sure what the standards of decency are on this forum, and the transcript may not pass the test. You may read it in full at the link I gave here. But I must warn you, it reads like a Penthouse Forum letter.

OK, here is a snippet, but just one, mind you (with apologies to the moderators).

"I like spanking her," he is heard on the videotape.

"She goes, 'I know you like spanking me.' I said, 'Yeah, that's 'cause you're such a bad girl."'

Anyway, the upshot of it was that Duvall was removed from two leadership posts by the Republicans and eventually he resigned in disgrace.

Duvall received a 100 percent rating from Capitol Resource Institute, a conservative advocacy group, for his votes on legislation considered pro-family during the 2007-08 legislative session. He was also a very vocal, very strident opponent of gay marriage.

Duvall Resigns Amid Sex Scandal - Politics News Story - KCRA Sacramento

Anyway, another religious right zealot caught in his own hypocrisy. There is God, after all.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Well I just sifted through the minutia of the net, only to find that he's not a stark raving mad bible thumper.

Could you please provide some proof that he's as you described?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Geez ... you should hear the lines that Steelworkers are feeding to the public to justify the Inco-killing strike.....

Hypocrites? Show me someone who isn't one. Then, you'll be showing me news.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
No, this is not resurrection of the old thread. In fact, I have posted this thread several times now. It is always a great day when another Bible thumper is exposed as a hypocrite.

This time it is California assemblyman Mike Duvall. Highly conservative, strong opponent of gay marriage, darling of the religious right. He was caught on tape bragging about his sexual escapades with two women, other than his wife. The dialog is quite racy; you may read the transcript here.

Mike Duvall Transcript

I am not going to give any details here, I am not sure what the standards of decency are on this forum, and the transcript may not pass the test. You may read it in full at the link I gave here. But I must warn you, it reads like a Penthouse Forum letter.

OK, here is a snippet, but just one, mind you (with apologies to the moderators).

"I like spanking her," he is heard on the videotape.

"She goes, 'I know you like spanking me.' I said, 'Yeah, that's 'cause you're such a bad girl."'

Anyway, the upshot of it was that Duvall was removed from two leadership posts by the Republicans and eventually he resigned in disgrace.

Duvall received a 100 percent rating from Capitol Resource Institute, a conservative advocacy group, for his votes on legislation considered pro-family during the 2007-08 legislative session. He was also a very vocal, very strident opponent of gay marriage.

Duvall Resigns Amid Sex Scandal - Politics News Story - KCRA Sacramento

Anyway, another religious right zealot caught in his own hypocrisy. There is God, after all.

When a Liberal gets caught with their hand in the proverbial cookie jar - not a peep from you -Who is hypocritical?

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
When a Liberal gets caught with their hand in the proverbial cookie jar - not a peep from you -Who is hypocritical?

We have been through this before, Goober. If a liberal is caught in sexual peccadillo, he is guilty of sexual peccadillo, not of hypocrisy.

A liberal does not pry into sexual life of citizens, a conservative does. So when a conservative is caught with his pants down (Larry, Craig, Mark Sanford etc.), he is guilty of hypocrisy in addition to the sex act and pays for it dearly.

Here is a self proclaimed champion of family values, somebody who received 100% rating for a family values group, a vociferous opponent of gay marriage. When he is caught in sex act, he is guilty of hypocrisy big time.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Are there even religious zealots in California? Prove that first if you can.

Petros, California is an odd mixture of liberals and conservatives. Democrats in California tend to be very liberal, on the line of New York Democrats. Republicans on the other hand, tend to be very conservative, along the lines of Texas Republicans.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
What's gay marriage have to do with some guy spanking his "naughty" wife or whatever?

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
What's gay marriage have to do with some guy spanking his "naughty" wife or whatever?

That is one indication that he is a religious conservative (the fact that he got a 100% rating from a family values group is another). That really tells me his worldview, which is Christian right, religious right.

He doesn’t specifically have to say that it is wrong to spank your spouse during foreplay to be considered a hypocrite (and he wasn't spanking his wife, but his mistress). Anybody who espouses family values as strongly as he did and then admit to extramarital affairs (two of them) is a hypocrite as far as I am concerned.

And surprisingly, Republican Party saw it that way, usually conservatives don’t see anything wrong with hypocrisy, I don’t think many of them even understand the concept. But the Republicans did move against him and eventually he resigned. A just end to a religious hypocrite.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
again with the religion crap.... IF he was a "religious zealot" then there should be no problem proving it as "religious zealots" are very vocal about their religion and their God. If you can't prove it, then you should concede your error.