Another Hypocrite Bites Dust!


AnnaG
#91
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

But do you actually own one?

SCB does!!!

Mine are strapless. I have many toys. I have to be careful with the cuffs, though. I lost one of the keys.
 
SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation
#92
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

I see the liberal racist is defending what is indefensible once again. He reminds me of a horror flick zombie...mindless, unthinking and droning on with low guttural sounds (in this case his posts)

So you are defending Mike Duvall, are you? Well, as a conservative you would, I suppose.
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
#93
Tsk-tsk! Such behaviour from the windbag one.

You've got him on the ropes Anna.... Wrap them around his ...
 
coldstream
#94
Quote: Originally Posted by SirJosephPorterView Post

We are not talking of homosexuality here, Coldstream, that is a separate subject. Here we are talking of conservative hypocrisy.

Sir Jo, it was YOU who brought up the homosexual issue here, as my post stated. Your 'conservative hyprocrisy' referred directly and explicitly to Duvall's
condemnation of homosexual marriage as its example of that hypocrisy. This is your statement

Quote:

He was also a very vocal, very strident opponent of gay marriage.

So i suggest you chose your examples more carefully if you don't want to open the Pandora's Box of homosexual affirmation and all its predation and degrading effects on society and the individual. Otherwise one might accuse YOU of hypocrisy.
Last edited by coldstream; Sep 15th, 2009 at 12:48 PM..
 
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
#95
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstreamView Post

Sir Jo, it was YOU who brought up the homosexual issue here, as my post stated.

Joey is allowed to discuss homosexual issues "we" are not. If you are going to get involved in these discussions, you need to understand the rules beforehand.
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
#96
Ouite right, Cannuck. He truly is the man with the red-carpet-tongue. I wonder how the return loop is re threaded through the vocal mechanism?
 
CDNBear
#97
And rule number one is 1) Little joey can change the rules as he sees fit.
 
SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation
#98
Sir Jo, it was YOU who brought up the homosexual issue here, as my post stated. Your 'conservative hyprocrisy' referred directly and explicitly to Duvall's
condemnation of homosexual marriage as its example of that hypocrisy. This is your statement


True enough, Coldstream.

So i suggest you chose your examples more carefully if you don't want to open the Pandora's Box of homosexual affirmation and all its predation and degrading effects on society and the individual.

Now, I don’t see that. I am not commenting on homosexuality per se here (though I assume you know that we disagree on the subject, and if you post a separate thread, I will be happy to discuss it with you). I was referring to homosexuality only to the extent of pointing out the hypocrisy of Duvall.

Let me give you an analogous example. Suppose Duvall says that murder is wrong and he commits murder. He is guilty of hypocrisy (besides being guilty of murder). This is regardless of whether murder is right or wrong. The same is the case here.
 
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
#99
Quote: Originally Posted by SirJosephPorterView Post

Let me give you an analogous example. Suppose Duvall says that murder is wrong and he commits murder. He is guilty of hypocrisy (besides being guilty of murder). This is regardless of whether murder is right or wrong. The same is the case here.

Let me give you an analogous example. Suppose Clinton says that adultery is wrong and he commits adultery. He is guilty of hypocrisy (besides being guilty of adultery). This is regardless of whether adultery is right or wrong. The same is the case here.
 
TenPenny
#100
Or, for example, if he claimed to be a Catholic, he would be a hypocrite for being an adulterer as well.
 
SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation
#101
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

Or, for example, if he claimed to be a Catholic, he would be a hypocrite for being an adulterer as well.

Not necessarily, TenPenny. Do we really know what is in somebody’s heart? We don’t know what he meant by Catholic. Catholicism means different things to different people. There are some homosexuals, who insist that they are Catholic.

So do we really know how he felt about adultery? We don’t unless he gave a sermon on adultery, or preached to others that adultery is wrong. If he said nothing, I am willing to give him the benefit of doubt and assume that he felt ambivalent about adultery.

I am sure there are millions of Catholics in USA who commit adultery, it doesn’t’ make them all hypocrites. Or there are still many gays in the closet, married to someone of other gender. That doesn’t make them hypocrites.

Hypocrites is a term applied to a small group of people, who preach to others one way of life and then they themselves live another way.
 
TenPenny
#102
Quote: Originally Posted by SirJosephPorterView Post

Not necessarily, TenPenny. Do we really know what is in somebody’s heart? We don’t know what he meant by Catholic. Catholicism means different things to different people. There are some homosexuals, who insist that they are Catholic.

Well then, he'd be a hypocrite for claiming to be a Catholic while not following in the Church's beliefs, wouldn't he?
 
SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation
#103
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

Well then, he'd be a hypocrite for claiming to be a Catholic while not following in the Church's beliefs, wouldn't he?


No he wouldn’t. You don’t have to follow the official Catholic beliefs as outlined by the Pope in order to be a Catholic.

Catholics disagree with the Pope on many issues. Many of them don’t have a problem with contraception. They use contraception, they have abortions. Many of them believe that women should be priests etc. They are not excommunicated by the Church, they are not denied Communion, they are still considered Catholic.

Indeed, if the Catholic Church proclaimed that only those who believe in the official policies outlined by the Vatican are Catholic, the Catholic Church would empty in a short order, at least here in North America.
Last edited by SirJosephPorter; Sep 16th, 2009 at 08:04 AM..
 
TenPenny
#104
Quote: Originally Posted by SirJosephPorterView Post

No he wouldn’t. You don’t have to follow the official Catholic beliefs as outlined by the Pope in order to be a Catholic.

That's good to know.
 
petros
#105
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

Well then, he'd be a hypocrite for claiming to be a Catholic while not following in the Church's beliefs, wouldn't he?

In adultery what it all boils down to is what your wife believes or disbelieves.
 
TenPenny
#106
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

In adultery what it all boils down to is what your wife believes or disbelieves.

That's a new interpretation. You must be a good Catholic, like SJP.
 
petros
#107
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

That's a new interpretation. You must be a good Catholic, like SJP.

No. I just fear my wife far more than i do a church, Jesus or Yahweh (one of several gods known as Elohim but chosen as favourite by the hebrews who killed god's wife Ashera in 622BC freeing Yahweh to go around boinking virgins).
 
YukonJack
Conservative
#108
"Ten Commandments are open to interpretation, Tonington. E.g. does ‘thou shalt not kill’ oppose abortion? Some will say yes, others will say not. Does ‘love thy neighbour’ also mean love thy homosexual neighbour? Some will say yes, some will say no."

Once again, SirJosephPorter, yo displayed your stunning ignorance.

"Love thy/your neighbour" is NOT one of the Ten Commandments.

Perhaps that is why you so often and so flagrantly disrespect it.
 
petros
#109
Quote: Originally Posted by YukonJackView Post

"Ten Commandments are open to interpretation, Tonington. E.g. does ‘thou shalt not kill’ oppose abortion? Some will say yes, others will say not. Does ‘love thy neighbour’ also mean love thy homosexual neighbour? Some will say yes, some will say no."

Once again, SirJosephPorter, yo displayed your stunning ignorance.

"Love thy/your neighbour" is NOT one of the Ten Commandments.

Perhaps that is why you so often and so flagrantly disrespect it.

How do you explain the part about incest being okay when Lot's daughters got their dad drunk to boink him?

This **** is better than TV. No wonder the bible was kept secret in Latin for 1600 years. It's PORN!
 
petros
#110
Or how about the guy God demanded he boink his dead brother's wife but he whacked him because he pulled out and ejaculated on the ground?

Now god is doing snuff porn?
 
TenPenny
#111
Quote: Originally Posted by SirJosephPorterView Post

Not necessarily, TenPenny. Do we really know what is in somebody’s heart? We don’t know what he meant by Catholic. Catholicism means different things to different people. There are some homosexuals, who insist that they are Catholic.

So do we really know how he felt about adultery? We don’t unless he gave a sermon on adultery, or preached to others that adultery is wrong. If he said nothing, I am willing to give him the benefit of doubt and assume that he felt ambivalent about adultery.

I am sure there are millions of Catholics in USA who commit adultery, it doesn’t’ make them all hypocrites. Or there are still many gays in the closet, married to someone of other gender. That doesn’t make them hypocrites.

Hypocrites is a term applied to a small group of people, who preach to others one way of life and then they themselves live another way.

So in other words, your original post, where you claim someone is a hypocrite because of his adultery, you are completely wrong, because you are now arguing that being a religious adulterer does not make you a hypocrite.

You've managed to grow up quite a bit in the course of this thread.
 
EagleSmack
#112
Quote: Originally Posted by SirJosephPorterView Post

So you are defending Mike Duvall, are you? Well, as a conservative you would, I suppose.

Did I mention anything about Mike Duvall?

I can hear those mindless, unthinking guttural sounds from you.
 
SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation
#113
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

So in other words, your original post, where you claim someone is a hypocrite because of his adultery, you are completely wrong, because you are now arguing that being a religious adulterer does not make you a hypocrite.

You've managed to grow up quite a bit in the course of this thread.

TenPenny, I never said that Duvall’s adultery made him a hypocrite. Read my original post. It is the fact that he committed adultery AND he used to preach to others how they should live their lives (he got 100% rating, from the conservative, family values organization, Capitol Resource Institute), that makes him a hypocrite.

I would never say that committing adultery would make somebody a hypocrite. Basically if someone preaches to others that they should live a certain lifestyle and then he himself does not live by his own rules, that make him a hypocrite.
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
#114
Ah.... Another JP Squid session....
 
TenPenny
#115
Quote: Originally Posted by SirJosephPorterView Post

TenPenny, I never said that Duvall’s adultery made him a hypocrite. Read my original post. It is the fact that he committed adultery AND he used to preach to others how they should live their lives (he got 100% rating, from the conservative, family values organization, Capitol Resource Institute), that makes him a hypocrite.

I would never say that committing adultery would make somebody a hypocrite. Basically if someone preaches to others that they should live a certain lifestyle and then he himself does not live by his own rules, that make him a hypocrite.

You cannot say that, because you do not know what was in his heart.
 
YukonJack
Conservative
#116
SirJosephPorter's response to my two requests, i. e.:

1. Quote any of the Republicans he accuses of hypocrisy, IN THEIR OWN WORDS
2. What he thinks about Democrat scumbag, Don Siegelman

has been (so far) deafening silence.

No surprise. Hypocrites are silent when caught.
 
SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation
#117
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

You cannot say that, because you do not know what was in his heart.


I may not know what was in his heart, but I know perfectly well what he preached. He strongly opposed gay marriage, he strongly supported other ‘pro-family’ causes, abortion etc. (that is why he got a 100% rating from a far right organization).

He did not practice what he preached, that makes him a hypocrite.
 
TenPenny
#118
Quote: Originally Posted by SirJosephPorterView Post

I may not know what was in his heart, but I know perfectly well what he preached. He strongly opposed gay marriage, he strongly supported other ‘pro-family’ causes, abortion etc. (that is why he got a 100% rating from a far right organization).

He did not practice what he preached, that makes him a hypocrite.

No, it doesn't make him a hypocrite, because, by your own words, you do not know what was in his heart.
 
YukonJack
Conservative
#119
"He did not practice what he preached, that makes him a hypocrite."

The greatest proponent of homosexuality is you. At Least based on your posts.

So if you are NOT a homosexual, you are a hypocrite.
 
AnnaG
#120
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Ouite right, Cannuck. He truly is the man with the red-carpet-tongue. I wonder how the return loop is re threaded through the vocal mechanism?

It passes under the sole, past the eyelets, under the insole, and wiggles around on his heel.
 

Similar Threads

202
Another Hypocrite Bites Dust!
by SirJosephPorter | Jul 8th, 2009
119
Another Hypocrite Bites Dust!!!
by SirJosephPorter | Jun 22nd, 2009
7
Circuit City Bites the Dust
by unclepercy | Jan 18th, 2009
1
Another one Bites the Dust
by Zan | Feb 16th, 2008
no new posts