Another Hypocrite Bites Dust!


karrie
No Party Affiliation
#31
thanks gopher.
 
AnnaG
#32
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Just me though, seen a lot of women that if they liked spanking, count me in.

You must be gay and married then. lmao.
 
AnnaG
#33
Quote: Originally Posted by SirJosephPorterView Post

Indeed Goober. I assume some women (and some men for that matter) like to be spanked. However, if Duvall was into a kinky lifestyle, why appoint himself the spokesperson for religious right? Why the vigorous opposition to gay marriage? Why sell himself as a politician who protects family values?

Perhaps he may have thought that spanking is not as kinky as homosexuality, so one may indulge in spanking and still oppose homosexuality. Or perhaps he found support somewhere in the Bible for his spanking practices, perhaps God told him that spanking is a Godly practice (I assume he has a direct hotline to God, he speaks to God every day), who knows?

The point is that he was guilty of hypocrisy big time and surprise, this time even Republicans understood the concept.

As I said, this politician is pretty much like the vast majority of pols, hypocritical.So what? Most people in general may seem hypocritical at some point in their life. For someone who accuses others of doing the same things you do, you SHOULD understand that.
 
AnnaG
#34
Quote: Originally Posted by YukonJackView Post

Is this so-called scandal any worse than Barney Franks running a homosexual prostitution ring from his taxpayer-subsidized apartment?

Wild guess: according to SirJosephPorter, YES, because, at least, Barney Franks provided a useful service for minorities.

lmao
 
AnnaG
#35
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

You might not be considered a troll if you simply provided some type of credible evidence that Duvall "opposes homosexuality"

Dream on. This is Sir Jehovah Pompass you are telling that to, you know? His word is his word as good as written in stone (or some holy book). lol
 
AnnaG
#36
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

being against gay marriage means you have to also fit into the pigeon hole of being 'above' straight affairs? I guess?

I wouldn't know. I think I was straight before I was 9. But then, isn't everyone? lol
 
AnnaG
#37
Quote: Originally Posted by SirJosephPorterView Post

YJ, what Franks did was for the law enforcement and his voters to sort out. Law enforcement didn’t take any action, so I assume what he did was not illegal. His voters did not think he did anything wrong, they continue reelecting him every two years. So bringing Franks into the argument is a red herring, nothing more.

Whatever sexual practices of the politicians, that is their affair and nobody’s business. It becomes everybody’s business when they proclaim in a mealy mouthed way to stand for family values, stand for God, when they oppose homosexuality etc. Then they are guilty of hypocrisy.

That is why people like Mark Foley, Senator Larry ‘wide stance’ Craig, Duvall etc. bit dust, while Franks is still standing tall.

A hypocrite is a hypocrite is a hypocrite. How about that famous DemocRAT called JF Kennedy? Wasn't he married? Didn't he have extramarital relations? Reps are no worse than Dems. Get a grip.
 
AnnaG
#38
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

Okay, so I unignored the OP out of curiosity so I could follow the link... did anyone actually READ this? OMG... lol.

"... He resigned due to revealing of a recording of his own voice during an assembly meeting. It was discussing between him and another assembly member about his past extramarital affairs Duvall told his own story in clear words without knowing that mic is on. He did not switch off the microphone and his each word recorded clearly as he described.
The secret of Duvall was revealed on 8 September 2009 by KCL news. KCL also showed the footage of the conversation. An other news source OC weekly also published a long detail about the affairs of Duvall which were untold in the news of KCL. OC weekly also reported that Duvall was also involved in a woman named, Heidi DeJong Barsuglia. She is lobbyist and going to 36. Duvall’s all the gossip with his colleague is recorded as"


it doesn't give a source, and is written in some of the most incredibly broken English I've ever read. What a ridiculous source for this article. I can't fathom relying on this kind of tripe for my 'news'.

I found something: Mike Duvall Transcript
 
talloola
No Party Affiliation
#39
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaGView Post

A hypocrite is a hypocrite is a hypocrite. How about that famous DemocRAT called JF Kennedy? Wasn't he married? Didn't he have extramarital relations? Reps are no worse than Dems. Get a grip.

That's right one is no worse or better than the other, but the republicans preach
over and over how their values are better than others, church going, holier than
thou, look down their noses at others in that respect, but in reality are no
different.
 
AnnaG
#40
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

there are various videos on youtube which show him discussing his past sins:

YouTube - Assemblyman Mike Duvall Sex Comments Caught on Tape




this is one example

That's more like a reliable bit of journalism. Much different from the OP. lmao
 
earth_as_one
#41
Its hypocricritcal to promote yourself as supporting "family values", if you are having affairs with other married people. I suspect that's not the way this person promoted themself or the type of family values people had in mind when they voted for this person. When what you claim you believe is different than how you act, then you are a hypocrite.

This guy would not be a hypocrite if he spoke out in favor of open marriages or at least never made any claims about himself and his beliefs which contradicted his lifestyle.

Ultimately he will be judged in the next election regarding his hypocrisy.

What is most troubling about this incident is that this politician was having affairs with lobbyists. He is supposedly representing public interests on a committee, and these women lobbyists are trying persuade committee members to make decisions in favor of their employers. Likely these women got something from this politician in exchange for sex. That's the real immediate issue. If he is guilty of trading votes for sex, then that's a form of bribery, which makes him a corrupt politician as well as a hypocrite.
 
YukonJack
Conservative
#42
"YJ, what Franks did was for the law enforcement and his voters to sort out. Law enforcement didn’t take any action, so I assume what he did was not illegal. His voters did not think he did anything wrong, they continue reelecting him every two years. So bringing Franks into the argument is a red herring, nothing more.

Whatever sexual practices of the politicians, that is their affair and nobody’s business. It becomes everybody’s business when they proclaim in a mealy mouthed way to stand for family values, stand for God, when they oppose homosexuality etc. Then they are guilty of hypocrisy.

That is why people like Mark Foley, Senator Larry ‘wide stance’ Craig, Duvall etc. bit dust, while Franks is still standing tall."

And what law enforcement agencies took actions on the activities of this particular guy Duvall?

Aren't personal sexual preferences and practices are a private and personal matter?

Or is it only if the "offender" is a liberal Democrat?
 
EagleSmack
#43
The Democrats never preach morals so they can be as immoral as they want is what he is trying to say. It is OK for Barney Franks to allow a prostitution ring to be run from his apartment.
 
DurkaDurka
No Party Affiliation
#44
I commend any man who can run a prostitution ring from an apartment, that's quite the logistical feat.
 
SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation
#45
And what law enforcement agencies took actions on the activities of this particular guy Duvall?

Aren't personal sexual preferences and practices are a private and personal matter?

Not when the person is preaching morality to others, Yukon Jack, then it becomes everybody’s business. That is why what Franks did was the concern of his voters and law enforcement, what Duvall did was the concern of political world at large. That is why Republicans stripped him of his committee posts, and why he resigned from California assembly in disgrace.
 
SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation
#46
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

The Democrats never preach morals so they can be as immoral as they want is what he is trying to say. It is OK for Barney Franks to allow a prostitution ring to be run from his apartment.

By George, you have got it, EagleSmack. Most politicians are immoral. But they should not preach morality to others, that is particularly odious.
 
SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation
#47
Ultimately he will be judged in the next election regarding his hypocrisy.

His political career is finished, earth_as_one. He has resigned from his seat in the California Assembly, and it is highly unlikely that he will run again. I assume they will have a bye election for the vacated seat.
 
SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation
#48
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

I commend any man who can run a prostitution ring from an apartment, that's quite the logistical feat.

As I understand, it was not Barney Franks, but his homosexual lover who did that.
 
YukonJack
Conservative
#49
"Not when the person is preaching morality to others, Yukon Jack, then it becomes everybody’s business. That is why what Franks did was the concern of his voters and law enforcement, what Duvall did was the concern of political world at large. That is why Republicans stripped him of his committee posts, and why he resigned from California assembly in disgrace."

How about when a person loads freeloaders into a mansion? A thousand times? How about the time Barney Franks and Chris Dodd approve unapprovable mortgages for the sake of racial equality? A thousamnd times? How about hypocrisy that puts a single mother in a five bedroom house for racial equality? A thousand times? How about hypocrisy that has nothing to with sex, or family values, preached by either Republcan or Democrats, but should have bases in common decency?

Good and educated guess is that any disgression by Republicans will earn scorn and any by Democrats will have a free pass.
 
AnnaG
#50
Quote: Originally Posted by talloolaView Post

That's right one is no worse or better than the other, but the republicans preach
over and over how their values are better than others, church going, holier than
thou, look down their noses at others in that respect, but in reality are no
different.

There's definitely been no preaching from Dems, alright. lmao
 
AnnaG
#51
Generally Reps preach morality hypocritically and Dems preach empathy hypocritically. Big deal. There are exceptions: John Edwards, sanctimonious hypocrite - Washington Times
 
taxslave
No Party Affiliation
#52
Sir Joe: According to the Utube video he got his 100% family values rating for promoting normal family values in California. Considering the state a politician having a lobbyist mistress or 2 probably IS normal family values, so no sin.
 
SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation
#53
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Sir Joe: According to the Utube video he got his 100% family values rating for promoting normal family values in California. Considering the state a politician having a lobbyist mistress or 2 probably IS normal family values, so no sin.

You may have a point there, taxslave. As Archie Bunker said, California is a land of fruits and nuts. All the nuts are a little fruity and all the fruits are a little nutty.
 
gopher
No Party Affiliation
#54
Barney Frank and prostitution?

How does that compare with the Republican run C Street prostitution ring that hides its true face by pretending to be a church?
 
CDNBear
#55
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

Barney Frank and prostitution?

How does that compare with the Republican run C Street prostitution ring that hides its true face by pretending to be a church?



Have you ever thought of using reason to filter your posts?
 
SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation
#56
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaGView Post

A hypocrite is a hypocrite is a hypocrite. How about that famous DemocRAT called JF Kennedy? Wasn't he married? Didn't he have extramarital relations? Reps are no worse than Dems. Get a grip.

That does not make him a hypocrite, Anna. Franks would be a hypocrite if he was vigorously opposing gay rights all his life, but he wasn’t.

As to JFK, how does having an affair make him a hypocrite? I imagine many politicians do have affairs. But hypocrites are only those who tell others not to have affairs, who tell others to live lives according to the Bible (chastity before marriage, fidelity within it) and then they themselves break the rules.
 
YukonJack
Conservative
#57
SirJosephPorter, I have been following these threads you so gleefully post. I have read your definition of hypocrisy with great amusement.

You claim that any marital indiscretion is OK and is NOT hypocrisy if the person who committed it has not preached or does not preach about "family values", "morals" etc.

Seems to me that in your opinion, since Barney Frank has not been shown to preach about morality, his despicable behaviour is all right, and is NOT hypocrisy. Or that the behaviour of JFK, who may or may not have extolled family values is acceptable as a philandering tomcat, is NOT hypocrisy. Ted Kennedy DID preach about family values, but that did not stop him from killing an innocent young woman, or making waitress sandwich with his buddy Chris Dodd.

Well, show us, please, direct links/quotes by any (preferably ALL) Republicans you malign, that they - themselves - praised conservative values.

Condemning guilt by association only works for those who have low expectations.
 
TenPenny
#58
1 : a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
2 : a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings
 
AnnaG
#59
Quote: Originally Posted by SirJosephPorterView Post

That does not make him a hypocrite, Anna. Franks would be a hypocrite if he was vigorously opposing gay rights all his life, but he wasn’t.

Did I mention Franks is a hypocrite for a specific reason? No. Quit ASSuming stuff.

Quote:

As to JFK, how does having an affair make him a hypocrite? I imagine many politicians do have affairs. But hypocrites are only those who tell others not to have affairs, who tell others to live lives according to the Bible (chastity before marriage, fidelity within it) and then they themselves break the rules.

lmao JFK was a practising Catholic. I think the RCC has something bad to say about extramarital affairs.
Last edited by Hazmart; Sep 14th, 2009 at 04:12 PM..Reason: Removed Content
 
SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation
#60
You claim that any marital indiscretion is OK and is NOT hypocrisy if the person who committed it has not preached or does not preach about "family values", "morals" etc.

Finally you have got it, Yukon Jack. I am not saying that marital indiscretions are OK, what I am saying is that they are not hypocrisy if the miscreant has not been preaching to others to live pure, virtuous lives.

Ted Kennedy DID preach about family values, but that did not stop him from killing an innocent young woman, or making waitress sandwich with his buddy Chris Dodd.

And when did Ted Kennedy preach family values? Anyway, there is no evidence that he killed anybody, that is just the propaganda of the far right. If he had killed anybody, he would have been tried and convicted for it.
 

Similar Threads

202
Another Hypocrite Bites Dust!
by SirJosephPorter | Jul 8th, 2009
119
Another Hypocrite Bites Dust!!!
by SirJosephPorter | Jun 22nd, 2009
7
Circuit City Bites the Dust
by unclepercy | Jan 18th, 2009
1
Another one Bites the Dust
by Zan | Feb 16th, 2008
no new posts