Another Hypocrite Bites Dust!

YukonJack
Conservative
"Yukon, I also told JLM that you were probably waiting to get your talking points from far right websites. So has Townhall commented on it, have they defended Sanford? Did they give you the talking points? I will have to look it up."

SirJosephPorter, you probably got your talking points from CNN. You also never told JLM anything of the sort you claim. Kind of careless with the truth? Kind of bluffing hoping no one will catch you in a lie??

Now, when did I defend the actions of Sanford??? Cite my post where I did.

As a man who is about to celebrate fortieth wedding aniversary without any matrimonial indiscretions, I would NEVER defend any adulterer, regardless of political stripe. I do not now, nor did I ever need anyone to tell me about marriage vows, and whatever Townhall might say about Sanford, I may or may not disagree with, but it certainly does not guide my views any more than CNN or CBC guides yours. So, step off the ladder of condescention and come back to reality.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Sir Joe - while we are on the topic read up on old Joseph P. Kennedy Sr. a very famous democrat who was also a bootlegger, ***** monger, money grubber and Nazi sympathizer, not to mention having his own daughter lobotomized to avoid public embarrassment.

SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

On giving it some serious thought, I think I've finally got it- Conservative are just hypocrites about the things that Liberals don't frown on.

You finally got it, JLM. Conservatives frown on things like abortion, homosexuality, adultery, contraception etc. So when a conservative gets an abortion, or is exposed to be gay (like Larry Craig) or is caught committing adultery (Ensign, Sanford), he is exposed as a hypocrite.

If a liberal does the same things, the charge of hypocrisy does not apply to him, since he does not frown upon things like abortion and homosexuality.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

Sir Joe - while we are on the topic read up on old Joseph P. Kennedy Sr. a very famous democrat who was also a bootlegger, ***** monger, money grubber and Nazi sympathizer, not to mention having his own daughter lobotomized to avoid public embarrassment.

I guess this forum didn't like one word, hint- starts with a "wh" and ends with an "e" with an "or" in the middle.

SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation

JLM, even if true (and I donít know that it is true), who does that make him a hypocrite? Many people seem to confuse wrongdoing with hypocrisy, which is totally off the mark.

That is why they donít understand why conservatives catch so much flak for committing adultery or engaging in homosexuality, but liberals donít.

YukonJack
Conservative
"If a liberal does the same things, the charge of hypocrisy does not apply to him, since he does not frown upon things like abortion and homosexuality."

Which means that liberals are morally bankrupt which comes to them naturally.

SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation
You also never told JLM anything of the sort you claim. Kind of careless with the truth? Kind of bluffing hoping no one will catch you in a lie??

Sure I did Yukon, in post #13. This is what it says.

He is probably lying low, getting his talking points from the discussion blogs on Townhall. He will be here to defend Sanford shortly, never fear.

SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation
The rest of your lame attempts to discredit my arguments are not worth a response.

I quite agree Yukon, there is no response to my arguments.

Once again, for one who sanctimoniously declared that you won't pay any attention to my posts, you seem to be quite sensitive about my posts.

And when did I declare that Yukon? Only in your imagination. I read all the posts and respond to those that I feel like responding.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by SirJosephPorterView Post

JLM, even if true (and I donít know that it is true), who does that make him a hypocrite? Many people seem to confuse wrongdoing with hypocrisy, which is totally off the mark.

That is why they donít understand why conservatives catch so much flak for committing adultery or engaging in homosexuality, but liberals donít.

"totally off the mark"?- I'll buy somewhat "off the mark". I think we have to assume that famous public figures in honourable professions try to conduct their lives in a moral and upstanding fashion. I don't think "wh**e mongering, bootlegging etc. quite make that category. Now I've always considered Nazis to be "right wing", so wouldn't you think that a Democrat sympathizing with Nazis to be a little hypocritical?

SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation
Now I've always considered Nazis to be "right wing", so wouldn't you think that a Democrat sympathizing with Nazis to be a little hypocritical?

Again, you don’t seem to understand what is meant by hypocrisy. In every party there is spectrum of views some of them left wing, some of them right wing. That means nothing.

Did he say that blacks should not be discriminated against, and then discriminated against his black employees?

Did he say that women deserve equal rights and then treated them as unequal?

Did he say that Jews deserve equal rights and then engage in anti-Semitic acts? These would be the effects of Nazism (anti-black, anti-woman, anti-Jew). Show me examples of that and I will agree that he was a hypocrite.

Don’t confuse immoral, even illegal, criminal behavior with hypocrisy. Thus, Hitler killed six million Jews, but he was not a hypocrite. He said he will kill Jews and he did.

YukonJack
Conservative
"I quite agree Yukon, there is no response to my arguments."

Another typical SirJosephPorter spin.

I said that your arguments ARE NOT WORTH a response.

Take poll and find how many on these posts disagree with me.

YukonJack
Conservative
"And when did I declare that Yukon? Only in your imagination. I read all the posts and respond to those that I feel like responding."

On several threads, in several posts. My time is more valuable than trying to track them down and present them here. I hope your integrity and honesty is more valuable than trying to deny it.

YukonJack
Conservative
SirJosephPorter, please quote/cite the post by me, where I defended the matrimonial indiscretions of Mark sanford. Townhall or no Townhall.

May be an apology would be in order?

TenPenny
SJP - you are nuts. All of your arguments boil down to the idea that a liberal can never be a hypocrite, while a conservative must always be so.

So what do you call a Catholic minister of health who permits abortions?

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

SJP - you are nuts. All of your arguments boil down to the idea that a liberal can never be a hypocrite, while a conservative must always be so.

I think there is a bit of an irony here, hypocrisy is a foible found in pretty well all mortals. Wh*re mongering, bootlegging and killing 6 million Jews, S.J. seems to condone as long are they weren't (God forbid) being hypocritical.

SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by YukonJackView Post

SirJosephPorter, please quote/cite the post by me, where I defended the matrimonial indiscretions of Mark sanford. Townhall or no Townhall.

May be an apology would be in order?

I never said you did, Yukon. I said you will, quite a different thing. Knowing your political proclivities, that was a reasonable assumption.

SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by YukonJackView Post

"And when did I declare that Yukon? Only in your imagination. I read all the posts and respond to those that I feel like responding."

On several threads, in several posts. My time is more valuable than trying to track them down and present them here. I hope your integrity and honesty is more valuable than trying to deny it.

Sorry Yukon, but I never said that, that is something you conjured up out of your imagination.

And you are right in not wasting time to find the posts and present them here, because such posts do not exist (except in your imagination).

SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation

I think there is a bit of an irony here, hypocrisy is a foible found in pretty well all mortals. Wh*re mongering, bootlegging and killing 6 million Jews, S.J. seems to condone as long are they weren't (God forbid) being hypocritical.

I never said I condone them JLM, I did say that is criminal behaviour. But that is not hypocrisy. Hypocrisy is not a crime, killing six million Jews is. A hypocrite does not pay for his hypocrisy by prison time (unless his behavior is illegal). He pays for hypocrisy by public shame and ridicule, most people cannot stand hypocrites.

SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation

Sure a liberal can be a hypocrite, TenPenny, but not on the issue of abortion, gay rights, adultery etc. a liberal can be a hypocrite on the issues of racial discrimination, sexual discrimination, gun control etc.

I remember a few years ago a liberal journalist (I think it was Carl Rowan), a strong proponent of gun control was discovered to be the owner of a gun which did not have a legal permit. He was considered a hypocrite. A conservative in his place would not have been considered a hypocrite, since a conservative opposes any restriction on gun ownership.

But such instances are rare. A liberal cannot be a hypocrite on the issues where a conservative is a hypocrite. Abortion, adultery, gay rights these are issues of conservative hypocrisy.

SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation

I would call him a Catholic minister of Health who permits abortion. Where does hypocrisy come in? There are many Catholics who support abortion, there is no hypocrisy there.

A Catholic is no necessarily lock in step with the pope on every issue. In fact, the polls show that a majority of Catholics disagree with official Catholic teachings on abortion, contraception, gay rights etc. They donít see any inconsistency between there views and their religion. Where does the hypocrisy come in?

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
WHat you can't get at home you will find elsewhere. Ever notice that the vast majority of pedophiles are religious?

JLM
No Party Affiliation

I never said I condone them JLM, I did say that is criminal behaviour. But that is not hypocrisy. Hypocrisy is not a crime, killing six million Jews is. A hypocrite does not pay for his hypocrisy by prison time (unless his behavior is illegal). He pays for hypocrisy by public shame and ridicule, most people cannot stand hypocrites.

"He pays for hypocrisy by public shame and ridicule, most people cannot stand hypocrites."- I JUST LOVE THAT ONE- most people ARE hypocrites- I'm one at times and I'll bet you are too.

SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation

"He pays for hypocrisy by public shame and ridicule, most people cannot stand hypocrites."- I JUST LOVE THAT ONE- most people ARE hypocrites- I'm one at times and I'll bet you are too.

Perhaps, JLM. But in the area of politics, most people cannot stand hypocrites. Especially elected politicians often pay the price at the polls. If a plumber or a doctor is a hypocrite (he says that adultery is wrong and he commit adultery), who cares? But with a public figure it is different.

SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation

I remember a prominent example of liberal hypocrisy a while ago. Senator Bob Packwood from Oregon, a moderate Republican was a great champion of women’s rights. Later on many women claimed that they were sexually harassed by Packwood. He was considered a hypocrite big time. He did not survive the next election, he lost to a Democrat.

On the other hand, Clarence Thomas was also accused of sexual harassment by Anita Hill. However, Thomas belongs to the far right; he probably thinks that women are inferior to men. I don't think he has ever supported women's rights, never in his life. So sexual harassment fits in nicely with his worldview, he probably thinks that there is nothing wrong with sexual harassment.

So even his worst enemies did not accuse him of hypocrisy, they merely accused him of sexual harassment.

As I said, liberal hypocrisy does occur, but it is much rarer that conservative hypocrisy (and it occurs on different issues compared to conservative hypocrisy). Plain, simple wrong doing or even criminal behaviour is not hypocrisy (as some posters here seem to think).
Last edited by SirJosephPorter; Jun 26th, 2009 at 06:05 AM..

talloola
No Party Affiliation
Wow this thread has really spread all over the world concerning hypocrisy. We were only discussing washington as I remember.
If anyone has followed washington politics over the years it is very clear that the
republicans preach over and over how their values in life are so much better than
the democrats and their religious beliefs and goodness in life.
The democrats don't do that, and that is smart, because they don't have to eat
their own crap when they do dumb things like Clinton did.
So, the point is, don't brag up your behavior in the world, compared to others, then do the dumb deeds, it will come back and smack you in the ***.
And it has again for the republicans.
It's not the point of 'who did what', it's the point of who says they don't do those
things, and then on many occasions 'do them'.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by talloolaView Post

So, the point is, don't brag up your behavior in the world, compared to others, then do the dumb deeds, it will come back and smack you in the ***.

Like Gore does for Global Warming?

He preaches conservation yet lives a lush and lavish lifestyle of jet setting and caravans of limos and SUVs?

Hypocrisy I tell you!

Quote:

And it has again for the republicans.
It's not the point of 'who did what', it's the point of who says they don't do those
things, and then on many occasions 'do them'.

Right...the Democrats are just as guilty of hypocrisy.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

Perhaps, JLM. But in the area of politics, most people cannot stand hypocrites. Especially elected politicians often pay the price at the polls. If a plumber or a doctor is a hypocrite (he says that adultery is wrong and he commit adultery), who cares? But with a public figure it is different.

Why is it more sinful for a politician to be a hypocrite than a plumber or doctor. That statement does not make ANY sense. We more or less accept politicians for being liars and thieves, so what is a little hypocrisy? I don't know about you but I would be comfortable with a doctor I couldn't trust 100%. An honest plumber would be handy too, but everyone is guilty of a little hypocrisy.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
Here's to a Palin-Sanford Republican ticket in 2012!

talloola
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Like Gore does for Global Warming?

He preaches conservation yet lives a lush and lavish lifestyle of jet setting and caravans of limos and SUVs?

Hypocrisy I tell you!

Right...the Democrats are just as guilty of hypocrisy.

That's right, BUT they don't preach how much more values and goodness
they have than the dems, ifthe republicans would keep their lying mouths shut, they
could be as hypocritical as anyone else, without putting large foot in large
mouth.

gopher
No Party Affiliation

... which is why the patriotic Dems have won the last three elections with the far right Repukeblicans licking their wounds.