Lets talk about Nancy Pelosi


ironsides
No Party Affiliation
#1
When it comes to American politics, no one is more powerful today than Nancy Pelosi, and in my opinion no one is more despicable.
Nothing is below the belt when it comes to a person who had a hand in bankrupting California and is now trying to do it to the U.S. as well.
This women is more dangerous to the United States than any Republican or Democrat including President Obama who only does what he is told.

RNC's below-the-belt shot at Pelosi - Yahoo! News (external - login to view)

 
SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation
#2
Republicans just can’t stand to see a woman in the position of power, as a Speaker of the House.

They know that Obama is untouchable, so they are trying to see if attacks on Pelosi the woman (not Pelosi the Speaker) resonate with the people. My hope is that they wont, people will see it for what it is, male chauvinism at its worst.

These are some snippets from the web link, the pearls of wisdom from the hate mongering far right.

Earlier this week, Pittsburgh radio host Jim Quinn referred to the speaker on his program as “this bitch”; last week, syndicated radio host Neal Boortz opined “how fun it is to watch that hag out there twisting in the wind.”

There has also been a steady stream of taunts about the speaker’s appearance, and whether it’s been surgically enhanced. On CNN’s “State of the Union,” Republican strategist Alex Castellanos said, “I think if Speaker Pelosi were still capable of human facial expression, we’d see she’d be embarrassed.”

Not only is it bad form, say Democrats and women’s advocates, it’s bad politics.

“They can’t seem to distinguish between a backroom smirk among the boys and something you put out in public,” says former Hillary Clinton senior adviser Ann Lewis of the RNC video.


“It’s an attempt to demean your opponent, rather than debate them. If they’re serious that this is an issue of national security, then you’d think that one would want to debate it on the merits,” she says. “It’s almost as if they can’t help themselves.”



Republicans are embarking on the politics of personal destruction, as usual. That is the only thing they are good at. They are devoid of policies, they are unpopular with the people (I think a recent poll shows that 21 % Americans identify themselves as Republicans), what are they going to do?

What better (and easier) way than to attack a woman on her personal appearance, to embark on a personal smear campaign, personal mud slinging, personal destruction?

It remains to be seen if it works, my hope is that it won’t (but then, never overestimate the intelligence of American people).
 
ironsides
No Party Affiliation
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by SirJosephPorterView Post

Republicans just can’t stand to see a woman in the position of power, as a Speaker of the House.

They know that Obama is untouchable, so they are trying to see if attacks on Pelosi the woman (not Pelosi the Speaker) resonate with the people. My hope is that they wont, people will see it for what it is, male chauvinism at its worst.

These are some snippets from the web link, the pearls of wisdom from the hate mongering far right.

Earlier this week, Pittsburgh radio host Jim Quinn referred to the speaker on his program as “this bitch”; last week, syndicated radio host Neal Boortz opined “how fun it is to watch that hag out there twisting in the wind.”

There has also been a steady stream of taunts about the speaker’s appearance, and whether it’s been surgically enhanced. On CNN’s “State of the Union,” Republican strategist Alex Castellanos said, “I think if Speaker Pelosi were still capable of human facial expression, we’d see she’d be embarrassed.”

Not only is it bad form, say Democrats and women’s advocates, it’s bad politics.

“They can’t seem to distinguish between a backroom smirk among the boys and something you put out in public,” says former Hillary Clinton senior adviser Ann Lewis of the RNC video.


“It’s an attempt to demean your opponent, rather than debate them. If they’re serious that this is an issue of national security, then you’d think that one would want to debate it on the merits,” she says. “It’s almost as if they can’t help themselves.”



Republicans are embarking on the politics of personal destruction, as usual. That is the only thing they are good at. They are devoid of policies, they are unpopular with the people (I think a recent poll shows that 21 % Americans identify themselves as Republicans), what are they going to do?

What better (and easier) way than to attack a woman on her personal appearance, to embark on a personal smear campaign, personal mud slinging, personal destruction?

It remains to be seen if it works, my hope is that it won’t (but then, never overestimate the intelligence of American people).


That is just a cop out crying she is a women, I would also add Murtha, Reid to the list. So there, she is one of three I would like to see out. Want a couple more, lets add Biden and Gov. Crist to the list. Pelosi is the only women on my list. Lets not use the she is a women excuse, she has been around to long for that. I do not care what gender or non gender she is. If it came to a national election I'm pretty sure she would be out. Nothing wrong with expressing the truth about her.
 
SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsidesView Post

That is just a cop out crying she is a women, I would also add Murtha, Reid to the list. So there, she is one of three I would like to see out. Want a couple more, lets add Biden and Gov. Crist to the list. Pelosi is the only women on my list. Lets not use the she is a women excuse, she has been around to long for that. I do not care what gender or non gender she is. If it came to a national election I'm pretty sure she would be out.


Ironsides, Republicans have traditionally had a problem with powerful, strong women. When they see a woman in the position of power, they immediately embark upon personal destruction, the most vile, obscene kind of accusations are labeled against her.

They tried the same thing with Hillary but she was more than a match for them. I suspect Pelosi will be more than a match for them as well. Assuming Democrats keep control of the House in 2010, she will remain the Speaker and will be a thorn in the flesh of Republicans.

And it isn’t only women, Republicans have a problem with all kinds of minorities, blacks, gays, Hispanics etc. But they especially cannot stand strong, powerful women. James Carville once referred to Republican men as weak men, and he has a point. Any man who is intimidated by a strong, powerful woman is a weak man, in my opinion.

Anyway, rightly or wrongly, Republicans have decided that personal destruction of Pelosi (calling her a bitch etc.) is the right way to go. We will see if they turn out to be right.
 
ironsides
No Party Affiliation
#5
Never mind this traditionally stuff, there is a new group of Republicans emerging, change is not only a Democratic thing anymore. The Republicans realized that the people wanted change and are doing something about it. Some changes will take a while, but a women in charge is not one of them. Hillary was attacked because she is a Clinton and a Democrat, not because she is a women. I want to see Pelosi destroyed also, because of her position on things, not because she is a women. No one person should have the power she has. When she pushed aside President Obama during a speech a couple of weeks ago, that convinced me. I don't even remember what the speech was about, just that she shoved him away from the michrophone.


 
CDNBear
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by SirJosephPorterView Post

Ironsides, Republicans have traditionally had a problem with powerful, strong women. When they see a woman in the position of power, they immediately embark upon personal destruction, the most vile, obscene kind of accusations are labeled against her.

Kind of like the Dems went about tearing apart Biden?
 
wulfie68
No Party Affiliation
#7
From the cheap seats...

Pelosi has had some pretty major screw ups as Speaker in her tenure (this denial of the CIA briefings being only the latest). Americans largely view the House as ineffective. Now I can see that being just the way it is when the Republicans controlled the Senate and the White House but they're running the whole show, thus people have a right to expect more.

However sniping on her because of her appearance and calling her a "bitch" is going too far, just as it was with people pounding on Hillary Clinton in the same manner in the primaries (both Repubs and some pro-Obama Dems were guilty there). Its crossing from political criticism into sexism. Dems shouldn't get too smug though: they used to refer to Laura Bush as Robo-Wife, Robo-Bush and a murderer in some more extreme instances. The Dems weren't exactly being sexist but they were crossing the lines of bad taste.
 
YukonJack
Conservative
#8
I saw the live broadcast on CNN when Pelosi became Speaker of the House and took the gavel from Danny Hastert. In also saw the same brodcast when Newt Gingrich took over as Speaker from Gephardt.

Talk about differences! Gingrich did it with mature dignity. Pelosi did it like a kid.

Pelosi looked like a kid in a candy store, knowing she will be free to steal anything and everything she wants. Her face betrayed her thirst for power, with an expression that was akin to a pig looking at an unlimited amount of acorn (now, there is an appropriate and timely INTENDED pun for corruption). It was written on her face that her highest wish was that Bush and Cheney die (preferably slowly and painfully) so she could become President.

Pelosi decided to lie. She did. No personal destruction here by Republicans. Just stating facts. When a dyed-in-the-wool Democrat like Leon Panetta - CIA Director, incidentally - says that Pelosi is a liar, how can there be any doubt that she is?

And it is the height of hypocrisy for Democrats (or for misguided Canadian individuals like SirJosephPorter) to accuse Republicans of attempted personal destruction of a powerful woman. Just look at what the DemocRATS have done and are still doing to Sarah Palin. What they are doing day after day to ANY woman who opposes abortion. Or even has the temerity of promoting abstinence like Bristol Palin. See what they are calling Ann Coulter, day after day. See how they attacked Miss California. See how they attack Minnesota Congresswoman Michelle Bachman.

Even bigger hypocrisy is the DemocRAT claim that minorities are only welcome in the DEmocRATic Party. The President of the RNC is a black man. Bush had more minorities appointed than the "first black President", Clinton and the half black President Obama combined. Only DemocRATs refer to conservative blacks as "happy" and "house n*****s".
 
YukonJack
Conservative
#9
Name-calling is a liberal/DemocRAT forte. None better than them. And while Republicans/conservatives are doing it individually, DemocRATs/liberals are doing it en masse.

They were the ones, after all, who never stopped calling George W. Bush a Nazi, Hitler and a chimpanzee. They were (and still are) the ones who call Sarah Palin far worse, day after day, than whatever names Pelosi might have been called.
 
CDNBear
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Kind of like the Dems went about tearing apart Biden?

Did I say Biden, lol...what a dolt I am...

I meant to say Palin, lol...

 
YukonJack
Conservative
#11
Does anyone need a complete proof that former Vice President Dan Quayle was a genius.

Just look at the dolt currently occupying the chair if the Vice President.
 
SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation
#12
I want to see Pelosi destroyed also, because of her position on things, not because she is a women.

If you say so, ironsides, I will take your word for it. However, when Republicans call Pelosi a bitch and a hag, they are not attacking her positions, they are trying to personally destroy a strong, powerful woman, because they cannot stand to see such women in position of power.
 
Kreskin
#13
The Republicans aren't happy unless they can hate something or someone. Lets just be thankful that they aren't killing people right now (that we know of).
 
SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation
#14
Just look at what the DemocRATS have done and are still doing to Sarah Palin.

Indeed, Yukon. Let us look at Joan of Arc and contrast how she was treated by Democrats, compared to how Pelosi is treated by Republicans.

Republicans call Pelosi a bitch and a hag. It is clear they are not attacking any position of hers, they have embarked upon personal destruction, mud slinging, they want to destroy Pelosi the woman, and not Pelosi the Speaker.

Contrast this with the way Joan of Arc was treated. To my knowledge, no Democrat called her a bitch or a hag. (anyway, I think it is much more effective to refer to her as Joan of Arc, that treats her slavish, adulating followers with proper ridicule and contempt, rather than being personally vindictive, mean spirited towards her by calling her a bitch and a hag). Joan of Arc self destructed because of her extreme views and the nutty answers she gave to Katie Couric.

Like her claim that because Russia can be seen from Alaska, that made Joan of Arc an expert in foreign policy, or when Couric asked her which magazines she read regularly, she could not answer.

When Joan of Arc was selected, there was plenty of goodwill towards here, Republicans used to refer to her as the most popular female politician in USA. She herself frittered away the goodwill to a large extent. What attacks there were from democrats, they were on substantive issues (like her extreme views about abortion, premarital sex, her hypocrisy in preaching abstinence while her won daughter got pregnant, or her 150,000 $ shopping spree for clothes etc.).

But to my knowledge, nobody called her a bitch or a hag. That is pure personal destruction, and Republicans are masters at it.
 
SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation
#15
They were the ones, after all, who never stopped calling George W. Bush a Nazi, Hitler and a chimpanzee.

Really Yukon? Let me list all the epithets that far right has called Obama.

Fascist
Communist
Socialist
Nazi
A spy of USSR (not of Russia, but former, Communist USSR)
A Muslim terrorist
An illegal alien.
Obama has been compared to Hitler (of course), to Stalin, to Mussolini, to Hugo Chavez and to Fidel Castro (and perhaps to a few more dictators that I am unaware of).

Far right has demanded that Obama be imprisoned for entering the country illegally, to my knowledge nobody demanded that Bush be imprisoned.

Republicans hated Clintons with a passion. However, that was nothing compared to the hatred they feel towards Obama. Compared to what they feel towards Obama, what happened between Clinton and Republican could be called positively a love fest.

Think of any epithet, Republicans have called it to Obama. The hatred Democrats felt towards Bush pales in comparison with the hatred far right feels towards Obama (nobody called Bush a Communist, a Muslim terrorist or a spy for USSR).
 
CDNBear
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by SirJosephPorterView Post

Contrast this with the way Joan of Arc was treated. To my knowledge, no Democrat called her a bitch or a hag.

I know you are quite challenged when it comes to objectivity, especially when "name calling" is involved, but here ya are...

Quote:

But, seriously, just look at the negatives: she’s a popular first-term governor, she’s a woman, she’s happily married, she has five kids, one of them with Down’s syndrome, she’s a maverick, she’s from way beyond the Beltway, she’s taken on both the Republican Party and Big Oil, she shoots automatic weapons, she can kill a moose with a butter knife and fillet a sea lion with a smile, her husband’s a roustabout Eskimo snowmobile champ, she’s a hockey mom, she was Miss Wasilla, she looks like she should be playing Cecily, the saucy librarian, in Tom Stoppard’s Travesties, and she doesn’t wear pantsuits. Heck, she hasn’t even appeared yet on Meet the Press! I mean, who in his right mind would vote for her?
I Hate You Sarah Palin by David Kahane on National Review Online (external - login to view)

Nothing like coming right out and saying you don't like her because she's a woman. Kind of takes the mystery out of it.

Quote:

"What's the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull? Lipstick."

Barack Obama...

Gawker - Obama's 'Lipstick Bungle' - sarah palin (external - login to view)

A pitbull? Hmmm, seems someone thinks she's a 'dog'...and a female dog is what?

SJP, I know you're objectively and mentally challenged when it comes to name calling, but just because you put a dress on a pig, don't make it Pamela Anderson.

And just in case you don't get that, you can say it any way you want, but rude and ignorant commentary is just that. No matter the grammar used to convey it.
 
YukonJack
Conservative
#17
You demented idiot!!! Joan of Arc died many centuries ago.
 
ironsides
No Party Affiliation
#18
Lets not forget how the Democrats tore apart Sarah Palin even before anyone knew anything about her. Calling her Dumb Dumb, inexperienced, jumping on her religious beliefs, daughter wanting to keep disabled child. As a human , she was a much better choice than any women the Democrats have put forward lately. She had more experience with politics than President Obama had back then. Now for the sexist part: She sure is better looking than anything the Democrats have also.
 
petros
#19
Psssssst. Do you think government is good for the masses as a whole?

Or have we all fallen for gubernare mente better known as "mind control"?
 
SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsidesView Post

Lets not forget how the Democrats tore apart Sarah Palin even before anyone knew anything about her. Calling her Dumb Dumb, inexperienced, jumping on her religious beliefs, daughter wanting to keep disabled child. As a human , she was a much better choice than any women the Democrats have put forward lately. She had more experience with politics than President Obama had back then. Now for the sexist part: She sure is better looking than anything the Democrats have also.

Again, nobody to my knowledge called her a bitch or a hag. The Democratic attacks were directed at Palin the politician, not Palin the woman.

Attacks again Pelosi are aimed not at Pelosi the politician, but at Pelosi the woman (Which policy issue of hers is attacked by calling her a bitch or a hag?). Republicans are up to their old game again, the politics of personal destruction.

As I said before, they are devoid of any policies, so personal destruction, personal name calling, personal mud slinging is the only weapon they have left (just as many Trolls in this forum resort to name calling, personal insults when they have ran out of the arguments, when they have nothing left to say).


She sure is better looking than anything the Democrats have also.

Why do you think she was popular among old white men (just about the only group in which she was popular). They didn't admire her for her mind, that was obvious.
 
petros
#21
I wonder what the GOP thinks of this?

YouTube - The Onion First Openly Gay Racehorse To Compete Sunday

 
ironsides
No Party Affiliation
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by SirJosephPorterView Post

Again, nobody to my knowledge called her a bitch or a hag. The Democratic attacks were directed at Palin the politician, not Palin the woman.

Attacks again Pelosi are aimed not at Pelosi the politician, but at Pelosi the woman (Which policy issue of hers is attacked by calling her a bitch or a hag?). Republicans are up to their old game again, the politics of personal destruction.

As I said before, they are devoid of any policies, so personal destruction, personal name calling, personal mud slinging is the only weapon they have left (just as many Trolls in this forum resort to name calling, personal insults when they have ran out of the arguments, when they have nothing left to say).


She sure is better looking than anything the Democrats have also.

Why do you think she was popular among old white men (just about the only group in which she was popular). They didn't admire her for her mind, that was obvious.

Why is it that a women must be admired for her mind? She was created with so much more than a gray mass in otherwise empty skull. Pelosi photographs horribly most of the time, and those blinking eyes, what is with that. Smart no, dangerous yes, intelligent yes. This women represents a bankrupt state that she helped bankrupt, and now we should trust her with the country.
 
SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation
#23
This women represents a bankrupt state that she helped bankrupt, and now we should trust her with the country.

Ironsides, Pelosi had nothing to do with the state California is in today, I don’t think she ever held a position of high authority in California (like Governor or Lt. Governor). The mess in California has to be laid at the door of the Republican governor, not at the feet of the Democratic Speaker of the House in Washington.

To claim that a Washington politician is responsible for the mess in California is dishonest in the extreme. Look at your governor first before you throw stones at others. Governor Arnie gets the lion’s share of the blame (unless you think that he is only the puppet and Pelosi is the puppet master). But of course, a Republican cannot do anything wrong, perish the thought. So your perverse train of logic says that Republican governor of California is blameless, but the Speaker of the House (who has absolutely no say in running California) is the one to blame.

As to trusting her to running the country (which is again nonsense, it is Obama who is running the country), she enjoys the support and confidence of Democrats in the House, The only way to get rid of Pelosi is for the Republicans to win the control of the House in 2010 (which is certainly possible, but I wouldn’t’ count on it).
 
SirJosephPorter
No Party Affiliation
#24
Why is it that a women must be admired for her mind?

But that is just it; Republicans don’t admire women for their mind. A woman must be beautiful to succeed as a Republican, her views don’t matter much. Like the current Miss California (I think she is Miss California). She is a great favorite with the Republican Party base, not because she has any brains, but she is good looking and she can spout the far right, hate filled propaganda.

It is more difficult for a woman to rise to the ranks of authority in Democratic Party; she must have brains, experience and a record of achievement for that.

But what record of achievement does Joan of Arc have (besides that she is good looking)? Very little. She has been a governor of a state with a tiny population, a state which is overwhelmingly Republican. That is her only claim to experience. The Republican base likes her mostly for her looks, nothing else.

Now, in politics that can be an asset, but good looks don’t guarantee success at an election, look at Dan Quayle.

To succeed in politics, a woman must be a mean street fighter like Hillary Clinton, or like Nancy Pelosi. And she must back up the street fight with plenty of experience, plenty of accomplishments.

Joan of Arc is a pit bull all right, but she cannot back it up with any accomplishments. That is why she started out as the most popular female politician in USA, but soon her popularity tanked. By November she was intensely unpopular with the women of USA.

So I agree with you here, in the Democratic Party a woman is admired for her mind, in Republican Party she is admired for her looks.
 
EagleSmack
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Did I say Biden, lol...what a dolt I am...

I meant to say Palin, lol...

CDN... it is perfectly OK for Democrats and Liberals to tear apart women and minorities... after all... they're liberal.
 
CDNBear
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

CDN... it is perfectly OK for Democrats and Liberals to tear apart women and minorities... after all... they're liberal.



Otherwise referred to as the morally bankrupt...

I hear ya.

Did you notice that SJP, who claims to have me on ignore, can't seem to find an instance of the Dems calling Palin all manner of silly childish names?

I guess if you only read what you want to read and what supports your asinine idelogy, you never get the whole picture, lol...
 
EagleSmack
#27
Libs and Democrats have always been the worse enemy to women and minorities and would instantly turn on a woman and a minority if they DARED not kneel before them and pay hommage to them. Condi Rice, Clarence Thomas to name a few minorities to come under bitter and racial attcks from the well to do white washed liberal elite. Palin, each and every first lady are other women that came under bitter sexist attacks by the left.
 
CDNBear
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Libs and Democrats have always been the worse enemy to women and minorities and would instantly turn on a woman and a minority if they DARED not kneel before them and pay hommage to them. Condi Rice, Clarence Thomas to name a few minorities to come under bitter and racial attcks from the well to do white washed liberal elite. Palin, each and every first lady are other women that came under bitter sexist attacks by the left.

 
EagleSmack
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post



Otherwise referred to as the morally bankrupt...

I hear ya.

Did you notice that SJP, who claims to have me on ignore, can't seem to find an instance of the Dems calling Palin all manner of silly childish names?

I guess if you only read what you want to read and what supports your asinine idelogy, you never get the whole picture, lol...

SJP is a prime example of a liberal who gives scraps to the downtrodden and thinks he is actually doing good.

His claim that Michelle Obama is a role model to Third World Women because she is "as dark as they come" speaks VOLUMES of the liberal mind set.
 
CDNBear
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

SJP is a prime example of a liberal who gives scraps to the downtrodden and thinks he is actually doing good.

His claim that Michelle Obama is a role model to Third World Women because she is "as dark as they come" speaks VOLUMES of the liberal mind set.

No way, he didn't???



That's not very PC!!!

 

Similar Threads

33
Lets Talk Music
by Kreskin | Mar 13th, 2008
5
Nancy Pelosi Wonder Woman
by Curiosity | Nov 12th, 2006
no new posts