It Is Official: Limbaugh Resigns as ‘Head’ of Republican Party.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Well, it is official, folks. Limbaugh really is the head (or rather, was) of Republican Party. When democrats proclaimed him to be the leader, Republicans howled with outrage.

They claimed that he was not the leader, which was plainly absurd. Any politician who crossed Limbaugh had to do penance, he had to apologize profusely to the great leader, he had to promise never to do so again.

And that included the supposed leader of the party, Steele.

Well, in spite of their protestations, Limbaugh himself considers himself to be the leader of the party. And he ‘officially’ resigned from being the ‘titular’ head of the party yesterday in his program.

Anyway, I hope this puts an end to the debate as to whether he really is the leader of the Republican Party. In spite of his supposed resignation, I assume the Republican base; the braying mob won’t let him resign. So he is still the ‘titular’ head of the party.

Rush: Obama 'tentacles' to bail out California

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
The only "braying mob" was the one that elected a totally unprepared - albeit charismatic - punk to the highest office in the world.

Millions of braying jackasses are sure to recognize the biggest jackass of their ranks.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Well, it is official, folks. Limbaugh really is the head (or rather, was) of Republican Party. When democrats proclaimed him to be the leader, Republicans howled with outrage.

They claimed that he was not the leader, which was plainly absurd. Any politician who crossed Limbaugh had to do penance, he had to apologize profusely to the great leader, he had to promise never to do so again.

And that included the supposed leader of the party, Steele.

Well, in spite of their protestations, Limbaugh himself considers himself to be the leader of the party. And he ‘officially’ resigned from being the ‘titular’ head of the party yesterday in his program.

Anyway, I hope this puts an end to the debate as to whether he really is the leader of the Republican Party. In spite of his supposed resignation, I assume the Republican base; the braying mob won’t let him resign. So he is still the ‘titular’ head of the party.

Rush: Obama 'tentacles' to bail out California

He wished he was head of the Republican party, but never was. Limbaugh is just a legend in his own mind. Needs no ego boost from the Democrats, now they made him feel important by supposedly resigning from a post he never held.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
He wished he was head of the Republican party, but never was. Limbaugh is just a legend in his own mind. Needs no ego boost from the Democrats, now they made him feel important by supposedly resigning from a post he never held.

Democrats did not resign him, ironsides. According to the news story (which appears in a far right website, a website which is an enthusiastic supporter of Limbaugh), Limbaugh himself resigned as the ‘titular’ head of the Republican Party during his program.

But this only gives more fodder to the Democratic argument, that Limbaugh is the real leader of the party, the real power behind the throne, the puppet master.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"You put him in the same category as Nancy Pelosi, not even close."

I agree. That pathetic excuse for a woman (human??) is nowhere in the same class as Rush Limbaugh.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
"You put him in the same category as Nancy Pelosi, not even close."

I agree. That pathetic excuse for a woman (human??) is nowhere in the same class as Rush Limbaugh.

Well now, isn’t that for the voters in her constituency to decide if she is doing a good job? That is one good thing about politics, if people don’t think somebody is doing a good job, they will vote him/her out.

Incidentally, the same applies to Limbaugh, whether he is doing a good job or not is for his constituency, the dittoheads to decide. And I suspect they won’t let him resign as the ‘leader’ of the Republican Party, they like him much more than they like Steele.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Well now, isn’t that for the voters in her constituency to decide if she is doing a good job? That is one good thing about politics, if people don’t think somebody is doing a good job, they will vote him/her out.

Incidentally, the same applies to Limbaugh, whether he is doing a good job or not is for his constituency, the dittoheads to decide. And I suspect they won’t let him resign as the ‘leader’ of the Republican Party, they like him much more than they like Steele.

Your talking about the joke state, California where they should have voter qualification tests. They are worse than Florida, especially the S.F. area.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Facts do not matter when one's misguided opinion is rooted in lies and misconceptions.

So, let us forgive brother SirJosephPorter for his thread, rooted in lies and misconceptions.

Obviously he is too limited (that was the kindest word I could think of describing him) to realize and therefore escape his comprehension that:

1. Rush Limbaugh NEVER claimed to be the leader of the Republican Party.
2. The Republican Party NEVER claimed that Rush Limbaugh was their leader.
3. In the United States the Chairman of a Party's commitee (as in this case the RNC) may or may not be the leader of that party.
4. Sense of humour - totally alien, though it may be to DemocRATs - is part of life.
5. Sarcasm, likewise.

The reason why ALL liberal/DemocRAT radio talk shows failed absolotely miserably (you know, Air America, Al Franken, Jenine Garafalo, Gary Hart, Mario Cuomo, Ed Shultz) is exactly just that: no sense of humour and no relation to reality.

What I'd like to see (but due to the total lack of courage of Obama, it will never happen) is a debate between Limbaugh and Obama. Any guesses who would make the other look like a total fool?

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Limbaugh challenging Obama for a debate? That is like a poodle yapping, yipping at an elephant and challenging elephant for a fight. The best, most dignified thing an elephant can do is to ignore the yipping poodle and continue on his way.;

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Presidential candidate Obama was challenged and engaged in a debate with Bill O'Reilley.

Obama held his own. Would he do better versus Limbaugh? Who knows.

BTW, the symbol of the Republican Party is the elephant. So, I fully agree with you, Obama would, indeed, be nothing but a yipping, yapping poodle versus Rush Limbaugh.

Besides, in all fairness, Limbaugh would need no teleprompters. Could the Annnointed One do without teleprompters? Has he EVER? Could he EVER??

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
People like Limbaugh only sway the people who view politics through the filters of their emotions, not their brains. You want relatively objective views and criticisms on politicians and politics, you need to listen to comics (and even then you have to be wary).

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
L Gilbert, please be honest, now:

When was the last time, if ever that you actually listened to just one single broadcast of Rush Limbaugh? Not very likely that in the Kooteneys you can catch any American radio stations that features Rush Limbaugh. But I may be wrong.

If you form your opinion on what you heard from selected sources, your opinion, at best, is biased and invalid.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"He was on the news a couple months ago. I prefer not to listen to people obviously politically adamant that they are right and the other guy is wrong, so I only get the occasional exposure to these types of people."

Limbaugh is on the radio every day, not just "on the news a couple months ago".

THANK YOU, L Gilbert! You proved my point by honest admission. Your opinion is just as valid as that of SirJosephPorter.

I just wish that all the other Limbaugh experts/detractors (illiterates) were as honest as you.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Sorry, L Gilbert, but the onus on you! You go ahead and prove Limbaugh wrong, with the self-admission that you have absolutely no clue what he says from day to day and you form your opinion just because "he was on the news a couple of months ago".

I never claimed that Limbaugh was objective. Limbaugh never claimed that Limbaugh was objective.

Limbaugh is undeniably and unashamedly CONSERVATIVE.

But does an opinion have to be objective to be valid? Do you honour opinions only if they are sitting-on-the-fence, noodle-spined moderate and go-nowhere objective? Does an opinion have to be objective before you give it any credence? Or even listen to it?

I should hope not! I should hope that it just has to be based and rooted in honestly believed opinions and/or proven facts.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Sorry, L Gilbert, but the onus on you! You go ahead and prove Limbaugh wrong, with the self-admission that you have absolutely no clue what he says from day to day and you form your opinion just because "he was on the news a couple of months ago".

I never claimed that Limbaugh was objective. Limbaugh never claimed that Limbaugh was objective.

But does an opinion have to be objective to be valid? Do you honour opinions only if they are sitting-on-the-fence, noodle-spined moderate and go-nowhere objective? Does an opinion have to be objective before you give it any credence?

It just has to be based and rooted in honestly believed/proven facts.
Unobjective opinions are biased opinions. They may be right, but most of the time they haven't included all the information available. That is why I called it propaganda. So yes, I value objective opinions far more than biased ones.
BTW, being objective has little to do with being "noodle-spined" fence-sitting, and moderate. Being objective is being more comprehensive and wiser.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario

Not only he is a conservative, he is also a hypocrite (I suppose that usually means the same thing).

Since he has a point of view, anything that he says must be taken with a generous pinch of salt. The only value in listening to him is to find out what is the position of the Republican party on a give issue (he is the de facto leader after all).

Anyway, all his life he has been ranting and raving again drug users, telling the nation how drug users (and dealers) are the scum of the earth and how they deserve long prison sentences, and how US justice system is too soft in not locking up the drug users for a long time.

Then it turns out that he has a drug problem, he was caught doctor shopping for prescription drugs. He copped a plea, pled guilty to a lesser charge to avoid prison sentence.

I imagine that must have endeared him even more to his far right base, to his dittoheads. Conservatives just love hypocrites.