Texas Governor Threatens Secession From Union

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
http://www.gantdaily.com/news/35/ARTICLE/48975/2009-04-16.html

The Lone Star state Texas has become to big for it’s britches and wants to kick President Obama in the teeth by separating from America.

The redneck state just doesn’t want to listen to a black leader because they lost the civil war because Texas believed that all blacks or people of Africa should be slaves.

Texas never accepted that they lost and they want to right a wrong.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Another molehill built into a mountain.

Here's what Perry said, " Texas is a unique place. When we came into the union in 1845, one of the issues was that we would be able to leave if we decided to do that,” Perry said. “My hope is that America and Washington in particular pays attention. We’ve got a great union. There’s absolutely no reason to dissolve it. But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, who knows what may come of that.”

Those are code words, Governor | Rick Casey | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Believe it or not.....this story is what started the "Chuck Norris" Thread. 8O

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/fun-jokes/83522-president-texas-chuck-norris.html
Actually, I do believe that. And I am reminded of another actor turned politician. He isn't a very good actor either, coincidentally, and apparently not a very good public manager either as California isn't fairing well financially these days. :D So I can imagine how well, Texas would turn out, too. Also, the last "acting" president was a bit of a sad mess.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Better yet a region. They can have the Ottawa area.
We can't do that Les. We would lose some of our good friends here. We'll take Texas and keep Ottawa and the rest of Ontario. I've only been to Ontario once in my life but many of my "roots" are there. Besides, I have two nieces from 2 different brothers, living in Ottawa. One's a police officer and the other a doctor. Sorry, we have to hang onto Ottawa and my family.:lol:

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
No trading they will trick us

Unless we trick the Americans into thinking we own the Saint Pierre and Miquelon Islands. Convince them that Ireland is a serious threat to North American security they will have no choice but to take em... And by the time France figures out what happened it will be too late, cause there will be missle bases on the Islands by then...

That way everyone wins

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
We can't do that Les. We would lose some of our good friends here. We'll take Texas and keep Ottawa and the rest of Ontario. I've only been to Ontario once in my life but many of my "roots" are there. Besides, I have two nieces from 2 different brothers, living in Ottawa. One's a police officer and the other a doctor. Sorry, we have to hang onto Ottawa and my family.:lol:
Would Parliament Hill do? (Minus the building, I mean. We could house the homeless with it and turn it into something useful.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008

Unless we trick the Americans into thinking we own the Saint Pierre and Miquelon Islands. Convince them that Ireland is a serious threat to North American security they will have no choice but to take em... And by the time France figures out what happened it will be too late, cause there will be missle bases on the Islands by then...

That way everyone wins
No! Leave Ireland out of it. Those are my deep roots! :lol:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net

That way everyone wins
Rome tried to take Ireland once. Decided it wasn't worth the effort. lol We Irish can be quite nasty when we wanna be. The Romans called us the Furies. :D

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Rome tried to take Ireland once. Decided it wasn't worth the effort. lol
That's really not very funny Les. Take it easy now. Where did you say your roots are from? (and not those found on your acreage);-):p

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
How 'bout Texas for Baffin Island? That sounds fair. 8O

Then we can realistically share Arctic defense with our
closest nieghbours. :lol::lol::lol:
Alright, we're on a roll. Set it up Ron. Think you can?:lol::smile: