Quit picking on Obama……

BaalsTears
Six American soldiers died searching for Bowe Bergdahl after he deserted his post in Paktika Province and was captured by the Taliban.

EagleSmack
And the Emperor is doing what Emperors will do... what they want.

Hail Caesar!

EagleSmack
+1
Flashback... June 2013

MR. CARNEY: What I can tell you is that the main dialogue that we support is the dialogue between Afghans -- between the Taliban and the Afghan government. However, there are some issues that we would like to discuss with the Taliban directly, and this includes the safe return of Sergeant Bergdahl, who has been gone for far too long.
We continue to call for and work toward his safe and immediate release. We cannot discuss all the details of our efforts, but there should be no doubt that on a daily basis we are continuing to pursue -- using our military, intelligence and diplomatic tools -- the effort to return him home safely. And our hearts are with the Bergdahl family.
With regard to the transfer of Taliban detainees from Guantanamo Bay, we have made -- the United States has not made the decision to do that, though we do expect the Taliban to raise this issue in our discussion, if and when those discussions happen.
As we have long said, however, we would not make any decisions about transfer of any detainees without consulting with Congress and without doing so in accordance with U.S. law.

Another lie...another broken promise

Tecumsehsbones
+2
Shoulda just abandoned him.

Walter
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Shoulda just abandoned him.

He is a deserter after all.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

He is a deserter after all.

Yep, and deserters shouldn't get to speak their piece.

Walter

You said it.

Colpy
Conservative
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

Reagan, Bush, and the Israeli government all negotiated to have hostages released. Nothing unprecedented here.

Except this guy was not a hostage.....he was a deserter.

EagleSmack
+1

He's not going to be able to speak his piece T-Bones?

I think he has a lot of speaking to do. He is going to have a tough time trying to justify walking away from his post.

You and I would have had a lot to explain if we did now wouldn't we?

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

He's not going to be able to speak his piece T-Bones?

He shouldn't. He's been convicted by two Canadians. That's good enough for me.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois

He shouldn't. He's been convicted by two Canadians. That's good enough for me.

Excellent.. So we are agreed then.

Time to move onto more pressing matters... We still have to chose our menu for the next Sat nite BBQ.

Thoughts?

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

Except this guy was not a hostage.....he was a deserter.

Dissertion is a felony under Federal law. As such he is entitled to a fair trial and the presumption of innocence until proven guilty in a court of law.

BaalsTears
Put the Deserter on trial.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by BaalsTearsView Post

Put the Deserter on trial.

Have you got "the cart before the horse"? I think the trial has to happen before he can be classified as a deserter. -

BaalsTears
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Have you got "the cart before the horse"? I think the trial has to happen before he can be classified as a deserter. -

There's enough evidence to establish a prima facie case of desertion. A trial will give him a chance to exonerate, exculpate or mitigate his conduct.

This is analogous to putting someone on trial who has committed homicide. A trail is necessary to determine whether the homicide is murder, manslaughter, or justified.

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

Dissertion is a felony under Federal law. As such he is entitled to a fair trial and the presumption of innocence until proven guilty in a court of law.

Actually a military tribunal .

DaSleeper
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by pgsView Post

Actually a military tribunal .

Does the commander in chief have the authority to nix that?

It would be to his advantage to make sure his "hero" of the day doesn't turn out to be a "deserter"!

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Does the commander in chief have the authority to nix that?

It would be to his advantage to make sure his "hero" of the day doesn't turn out to be a "deserter"!

He does indeed as the CIC and I agree 100% with you. Having this guy honorably discharged quickly will save the Administration a whole lot of heat.

BaalsTears
Mannequin in Obama mask hung from Missouri bridge.

Mannequin in Obama mask hung from Missouri bridge

Oh btw, Michelle Obama has started dating again.

B00Mer
Republican

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+2
This is probably in spite of Obama not because of him.
In two states it is legal to smoke pot.
In 23 states it is legal to screw your horse.

Giving new meaning to the saying
Fuk you and the horse you rode in on.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

This is probably in spite of Obama not because of him.
In two states it is legal to smoke pot.
In 23 states it is legal to screw your horse.

Giving new meaning to the saying
Fuk you and the horse you rode in on.

Geez, sure glad it's not a sheep! -

bigalbigcountry
Green
Quote: Originally Posted by SirJosephPorterView Post

Ron, I am talking about far right Americans. Why would far right Canadians be fixated on Obama? Philosophy of far right Canadians is very simple. They embrace everything American (their health care system, their support of death penalty, their opposition to gay marriage, their system of government with referendums etc); they take their cue from the American far right.

The one example I gave in my post, Limbaugh is a far right American, not a far right Canadian. Canadian far right is mercifully irrelevant. American far right unfortunately, is too powerful.

I'm extremely disappointed that Canada seems to get closer and closer to becoming America junior when the best things about Canada are how unlike the U.S. it is. It's why I want to go there.

BaalsTears
Set up an account at a financial institution into which people can deposit funds to help expedite your departure.

Locutus
+1

Walter
BHO and Moochelle hate the US.

Colpy
Conservative
+1

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by bigalbigcountryView Post

I'm extremely disappointed that Canada seems to get closer and closer to becoming America junior when the best things about Canada are how unlike the U.S. it is. It's why I want to go there.

Bon voyage!

Locutus
pumping barry

Leaked footage of Obama pumping iron in a private gym - YouTube