Till Elections Do Us Part

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
When John McCain picked Palin as his running mate, the big story was the unwed pregnancy of Palin’s daughter, Bristol (strange name for a girl).

At that time, it was put out that Bristol will shortly marry the father of the baby, Levi Johnson.

Religious right, the Republican base was ecstatic over the Palin candidacy and over Bristol’s pregnancy. They were especially captivated by the fact that Bristol and Levi were going to get married, a kind of shot gun marriage.

While glossing over the fact that abstinence only sex education (Palin insists upon abstinence only sex education, she wants the whole country to teach teenagers nothing but abstinence) did not work in Bristol’s case, religious right was over the moon about the fact that Bristol was going to keep the baby and what is more, she was going to marry the father of the baby.

The shot gun marriage was an excellent political move. It made the rednecks happy, a vital part of the Republican party. That is how things are done in their neck of the woods. Shotgun wedding proved to them that Palin was one of them.

As to religious right, this supported their version of the Bible. While sex before marriage is a sin (there is an exemption for Republican politicians, of course), at least the mother is supposed to get married to the father. So it is a done according to the Bible (or at least Fundamentalist version of the Bible).

Well, that was then. Now the elections are over, there is no need to pretend any longer. They don’t have to cater to their far right base. So guess what? The Fundamentalist Christian couple broke up, the wedding is off.

In my opinion, the wedding was never on, it was just a political stunt, to placate the far right base. Now that the election is over, they waited for a decent time period (so that they won’t be accused of pandering to the far right base), then they quietly broke off the engagement. A smart political move, if blatantly hypocritical.

Conservative hypocrisy triumphs again.

Bristol Palin & Fiancé Split - Sarah Palin : People.com

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
SirJosephPorter, your hatred clearly shows.

You pick at a daughter's name. Call it "strange" . Would you care to reveal your name that may or may not be so strange, or will you be a craven coward and hide in the anonimity of the internet??

Teenagers, and for thatmatter, even grown-ups often change their minds about getting married. Did you propose and got married on the first try?

Say what you want about Sarah Palin, she always was and still is far more qualified than the immature, politically correct candidate, supported by affirmative action and aGod-given o

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
SirJosephPorter, your hatred clearly shows.

You pick at a daughter's name. Call it "strange" . Would you care to reveal your name that may or may not be so strange, or will you be a craven coward and hide in the anonimity of the internet??

Teenagers, and for that matter, even grown-ups often change their minds about getting married. Did you propose and got married on the first try?

Say what you want about Sarah Palin, she always was and still is far more qualified than the immature, politically correct candidate, supported by affirmative action and a God-given gift of a teleprompter.

What state was Obama Governor of? What executive decision did he ever have to make without the approval of George Soros?

He is in WAAAAAYYYY nover his little head, he knows it and soon all his acolytes will know it.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
YJ I think your usual hatred is showing. I notice that while you are calling SirJoseph out for not revealing his name on line, you still are YJ and did not go to the extent of revealing your name. What is it? The real one that is. Are you suggesting that Bristol is a common name? Do you know any other kids with that name?
You don't get a repeat of nonsense on these forums YJ.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
vanisle2, I posted regularly under my own full name, gave my E-mail address and my location on the initial canada.com forum a few years back. I received many E-mails, made friends and I am still in contact with some of them.

With the changes I no longer had to provide all that. My nome-de-plum was changed from time to time because of the typical loving tolerance of the left-wing loonies who charmed the noodle-spined "moderator" of canada.com.

I never hated anyone. All the hate always came from the Left, who can not tolerate an opinion different from theirs.

Picking on a teenager who might have an unusual name is about as low as a low-life can sink. You probably glorify all the little out-of-wedlock kids of liberal Hollywood celebrities and their promiscous "parents".

Bristol may not be a 'common' name. Neither is 'BARRACK".

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
vanisle2, I posted regularly under my own full name, gave my E-mail address and my location on the initial canada.com forum a few years back. I received many E-mails, made friends and I am still in contact with some of them.

With the changes I no longer had to provide all that. My nome-de-plum was changed from time to time because of the typical loving tolerance of the left-wing loonies who charmed the noodle-spined "moderator" of canada.com.

I never hated anyone. All the hate always came from the Left, who can not tolerate an opinion different from theirs.

Picking on a teenager who might have an unusual name is about as low as a low-life can sink. You probably glorify all the little out-of-wedlock kids of liberal Hollywood celebrities and their promiscous "parents".

To comment on a name is not picking on a teenager. No, in this country, Barrack is not a common name. That's okay. No one said that Bristol wasn't okay either. It is unusual. Commenting on a name is not about as low as a low-life can sink. Calling someone a low-life is low. Seems to me you came on here looking to pick a fight and you won't find one with SirJoseph. You may find one with the moderators here. You won't scare them off by calling the canada.com moderator "noodle spined". He was a fair minded man and that ticked you off. Expect the same fair mindedness here. Just remember that people who come looking for trouble, usually find it.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
vanisle2, I posted regularly under my own full name, gave my E-mail address and my location on the initial canada.com forum a few years back.

He is right, Islandpacific, I happen to know Yukon Jack’s real name (I wouldn’t dream of revealing it, of course).

Yukon, how is saying that Bristol is an uncommon name is hateful? That is nonsense. For that matter, your last name is unusual (at least here in Canada). Saying that somebody’s last name is unusual is just a comment, and in no way an insult.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Teenagers, and for that matter, even grown-ups often change their minds about getting married.

Sure they do, Yukon. But it is unusual for a teenager to claim that she is going to marry the father of the baby until the election is over, then wait for a decent time period and then break it off. It smacks of political opportunism to me.

In my opinion, the marriage was announced to placate the rednecks and the religious right. I remember McCain was at one time even considering holding the marriage in October, it may have been a great boost to his standing in the opinion polls (at least that is what the Republicans thought). In the end they didn’t do that.

But the whole thing was a political stunt, nothing more. Mind you, I don’t blame Joan of Arc for that. All is fair in love, war and politics. What I blame Joan of arc (and Republicans) for is the usual conservative hypocrisy. To extol the virtues of marriage, to preach to others to abstain from sex until after the marriage, then to have sex and baby before the marriage and try to use marriage for political advantage is the ultimate in hypocrisy.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The biggest social pay out in mankind's history came from the Conservative right.

There is no right or left. Only the bottom line and whatever plays out the best on TV.

RanchHand

Electoral Member
Feb 22, 2009
USA
When John McCain picked Palin as his running mate, the big story was the unwed pregnancy of Palin’s daughter, Bristol (strange name for a girl).

At that time, it was put out that Bristol will shortly marry the father of the baby, Levi Johnson.

Religious right, the Republican base was ecstatic over the Palin candidacy and over Bristol’s pregnancy. They were especially captivated by the fact that Bristol and Levi were going to get married, a kind of shot gun marriage.

While glossing over the fact that abstinence only sex education (Palin insists upon abstinence only sex education, she wants the whole country to teach teenagers nothing but abstinence) did not work in Bristol’s case, religious right was over the moon about the fact that Bristol was going to keep the baby and what is more, she was going to marry the father of the baby.

The shot gun marriage was an excellent political move. It made the rednecks happy, a vital part of the Republican party. That is how things are done in their neck of the woods. Shotgun wedding proved to them that Palin was one of them.

As to religious right, this supported their version of the Bible. While sex before marriage is a sin (there is an exemption for Republican politicians, of course), at least the mother is supposed to get married to the father. So it is a done according to the Bible (or at least Fundamentalist version of the Bible).

Well, that was then. Now the elections are over, there is no need to pretend any longer. They don’t have to cater to their far right base. So guess what? The Fundamentalist Christian couple broke up, the wedding is off.

In my opinion, the wedding was never on, it was just a political stunt, to placate the far right base. Now that the election is over, they waited for a decent time period (so that they won’t be accused of pandering to the far right base), then they quietly broke off the engagement. A smart political move, if blatantly hypocritical.

Conservative hypocrisy triumphs again.

Bristol Palin & Fiancé Split - Sarah Palin : People.com

"In my opinion, the wedding was never on, it was just a political stunt, to placate the far right base. Now that the election is over, they waited for a decent time period (so that they won’t be accused of pandering to the far right base), then they quietly broke off the engagement. A smart political move, if blatantly hypocritical."

While you present some points that in my opinion are accurate, your conclusion can't be substantiated. Your conclusion is nothing more than a conspiracy theory, but without the 'evidence' of the fake moon landing. Your anti-American bias makes it almost impossible for you to participate in a discussion like this because you usually make reality fit your agenda.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Bristal aerospace makers of the famous bristal bomber.
It is also a part of jolly old England,a stuffed shirt{former brit} like yourself must know that many children are named for geographic locations.
Many Americans and Canadians for that matter choose unusual names for their children.
It is not only common in North America remember Frank Zappa naming his daughter Moon Unit and son Dweezil.
Who cares?
I thought you were taking the name of the enlightened one to show solidarity with
the O ,What ever happened to that?
And who cares about John Mccain and Sarah Palin anymore they are out and your guy is in.Are you trying to distract from the disaster your man is turning out to be?
Keep up the good work Yukon Jack, Vanisle doesn't know if she is coming or going
and believes rupert is her friend so must come to his rescue.

P.S.
I could never understand why the moderators on that other forum let the idiots gang up on you like they did to you and many others.
In the end it became a 4 man love fest.Iggy crow zeus and spade all falling all over each other.No wonder it was shut down.

I

Reactions: EagleSmack

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Bristal aerospace makers of the famous bristal bomber.

pgs, you are telling me? I lived in Britain, remember? I have been to Bristol, a charming city (Bristol Cathedral, fabulous). Incidentally it is not Bristal, but Bristol.

It is also a part of jolly old England,a stuffed shirt{former brit} like yourself

Sorry to disabuse you, pgs, but I am not a Limey. I am a Canadian, born and bred in Canada. It is just that I have lived in both USA and Britain for 7-8 years each.

Many Americans and Canadians for that matter choose unusual names for their children.

So what is your point? Same as many Americans, Joan of Arc chose an unusual name for her daughter. So what?

I thought you were taking the name of the enlightened one to show solidarity with the O ,What ever happened to that?

Oh, you mean Sir Rupert ‘Hussein’ Murgartroyd? Well, that was an election stunt. Now the election is over.

And who cares about John Mccain and Sarah Palin anymore they are out and your guy is in.

Then why are you responding to the thread?

Are you trying to distract from the disaster your man is turning out to be?

I have already said several times, that Obama is not my man; he is too conservative for my tastes (and it is really to early to say anything about his presidency, I give him at least two years before I form an opinion as to how successful he is ).

Vanisle doesn't know if she is coming or going and believes rupert is her friend so must come to his rescue.

Well, I am never the one to turn down the chance of rescuing a damsel in distress (though here she came to my rescue, not the other way around).

Last edited:

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Limey isn't that a predudicial term?
One like yourself using such derogatory language,really!
I will however grant you that Bristol is a part of jolley old England .
First thing in the A.M. my brain wasn't up to speed.
I do however find it rather disingenous to find fault with someones name ,
after all wasn't it you who startred using the big O's name to show support for
Barrack Hussien Obahma in that other forum?
Oh I see that was just an election stunt but of course you were not supporting this conservative monster, give me a break.And keep flogging a dead horse.
BTW how are your tax deductions going this year.
I am sure the monetary support of the party of your choice matches your verbal contributions through internet forum sites.
I thought so. lol.

P.S.
Remeber the TSX AT 15000.
lol.
Nothing left for political contributions from a free agent like yourself.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
One like yourself using such derogatory language,really!
I will however grant you that Bristol is a part of jolley old England .
First thing in the A.M. my brain wasn't up to speed.
after all wasn't it you who startred using the big O's name to show support for
Barrack Hussien Obahma in that other forum?
Oh I see that was just an election stunt but of course you were not supporting this conservative monster, give me a break.And keep flogging a dead horse.
I am sure the monetary support of the party of your choice matches your verbal contributions through internet forum sites.
I thought so. lol.

P.S.
Remeber the TSX AT 15000.
lol.
Nothing left for political contributions from a free agent like yourself.
Hey Harley,
How are ya? Not here for long I'm sure. Good of you to drop in for a brief visit.
Limey is not a derogatory term. Like we call ourselves Canucks, they call themselves Limeys. Careful Harley, your temper is already showing through.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario

No it is not. It is on par with Cannuck (as Islandpacific pointed out) or Yankee.

And where did I find fault with anybody’s name? Show me my quote, not just your opinion of it.

Now, what has that got to do with anything? And what tax deductions?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

What's in a name? "A rose is a rose by any other name" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Hey Harley,
How are ya? Not here for long I'm sure. Good of you to drop in for a brief visit.
Limey is not a derogatory term. Like we call ourselves Canucks, they call themselves Limeys. Careful Harley, your temper is already showing through.

I'm not sure about that I.P. I've never known Harley to use big words and get them spelt right- I know she's been absent for awhile and I suppose could have spent the time studying dictionaries, but I doubt if her "room temperature I.Q." could handle the stress. I agree with you I.P. about nick names for races, not a big thing generally (unless the nickname originated in a hateful manner)

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I agree with you I.P. about nick names for races, not a big thing generally (unless the nickname originated in a hateful manner)

JLM, there are two types of names for the races, one type is derogatory, the other type is simply descriptive. Thus the word ni---r represents pure hatred and racism (surprisingly, it originated form the word Negro, which is purely a descriptive term, and in many countries the African race is known as Negro, rather than black). The words such as chink, coon, spick etc. are also derogatory.

Then there are words such as Cannuck (for a Canadian), Limey for a British (or ‘pom’ or ‘pommy’ as Australians call the British), Yankee etc. I think Yankee was originally meant to be a derogatory term, but the people from northern USA accepted it as a badge of honour and these days it is simply a descriptive term.

And I agree with you about pgs, he sounds too intelligent to be Harley. He sounds more like saltofsea from the other forum.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I agree with you I.P. about nick names for races, not a big thing generally (unless the nickname originated in a hateful manner)

JLM, there are two types of names for the races, one type is derogatory, the other type is simply descriptive. Thus the word ni---r represents pure hatred and racism (surprisingly, it originated form the word Negro, which is purely a descriptive term, and in many countries the African race is known as Negro, rather than black). The words such as chink, coon, spick etc. are also derogatory.

Then there are words such as Cannuck (for a Canadian), Limey for a British (or ‘pom’ or ‘pommy’ as Australians call the British), Yankee etc. I think Yankee was originally meant to be a derogatory term, but the people from northern USA accepted it as a badge of honour and these days it is simply a descriptive term.

And I agree with you about pgs, he sounds too intelligent to be Harley. He sounds more like saltofsea from the other forum.

All good points Sir Joe. I don't think it's Harley, not enough bragging about herself. As for derogatory nicknames, the "N" word wasn't originally a term of hatred- the Blacks themselves used to refer to themselves with that term. What about terms like "Micks", "Wops" and "Diegos"? Some may consider them derogatory, I don't.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

I was thinking the same last night but I couldn't remember his handle. Same attitude as HH but a better speller and not quite as nasty.