Obama Inauguration

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Obamania is really incredible. Can you imagine any incumbent Prime Minister taking a train to Ottawa and getting basically a national tickertape parade on the way? It's like he's the second coming of Jesus Christ. As one news media said recently, maybe he's the 'Anti-Bush'.

Tuesday will be a three ring circus in Washington.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
I think that's part of Canada's problem. We don't celebrate anything to bring pride and glory in our culture, government and our nation..

In England if any of the Royal family does anything it's turned in historical event.

The same in the US as this example proves.

In Canada all we can do is complain when someone wants to have a parade because it will dirty and block the streets for a few hours..

Hazmart

Council Member
Sep 29, 2007
I think that's part of Canada's problem. We don't celebrate anything to bring pride and glory in our culture, government and our nation..

In England if any of the Royal family does anything it's turned in historical event.

The same in the US as this example proves.

In Canada all we can do is complain when someone wants to have a parade because it will dirty and block the streets for a few hours..

True, but really when you think about it, we don't have something (or someone) as big and exciting like Obama.
Even our politicians themselves for the most part, don't even seem excited about their work. How are we supposed to be, if they can't even show their interest.

As for England and the Royals , well that can be a very love/hate relationship. During the time I spent in England it seemed that for every one person that loved the Royal family, two others would be rolling their eyes!

We get excited here but just for different reasons and in different ways.

dj03

Electoral Member
Oct 9, 2007
Calgary
I really don't understand it myself. CNN had their "A" list people sitting outside in the cold on a Saturday night talking about it and it is still three days away.

Obama is in for a rough road between the economy and foreign policy issues it will be interesting to see how long the honeymoon lasts.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
True, but really when you think about it, we don't have something (or someone) as big and exciting like Obama.
Even our politicians themselves for the most part, don't even seem excited about their work. How are we supposed to be, if they can't even show their interest.

As for England and the Royals , well that can be a very love/hate relationship. During the time I spent in England it seemed that for every one person that loved the Royal family, two others would be rolling their eyes!

We get excited here but just for different reasons and in different ways.

At one time in our great nation we needed a leader, we found our hero in Brian Mulrooney, never again!

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Obama will shovel humans into the furnace of war without second thoughts.The depressed western economies will go to war under the direction of the central banks. Not one of those countries can get off the hook, least of all Canada. The survival of the US is not necessary for the continuation of private power, it's entirely expendable, the best parts have already been spent. Only military superiority remains, superiority has a shelf life that a dead economy cannot sustain. Global war before spring?
Obama will probably win an Academy Award.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
That's because we Yanks are all relieved and thrilled to see Bush go. Obama is a God-send compared to that traitor.

We'll see- Obama comes across as having a lot of ability, also good at knowing when to open his mouth and not opening it. He also seems to have good health and energy on his side BUT until Tuesday he's just been running "in neutral"-the test will be when he gets "in gear" and until then I'd be slow at making predictions.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Probably not, but we didn't know at the time that Lyin' Brian was going to be as bad as Trudeau.

I had the traitor bastard pegged as soon as NAFTA became his school song and he started puking on about "jobs jobs jobs"

Some had him pegged long before.

I"m too slow.

There is one good thing. He looks swollen and dissipated. Hopefully he won't last much longer, and his end will be painful.

:-(