Israel has the right to defend its people. Hamas is Iran's bouncer

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Good Day to you Socrates! The militarized indoctrination of those young
children is an eye opener. It's not exactly the Boy Scouts. Many things
can be taken out'a context and spun as negative PR....but those kids....
That's really messed up!

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Good Day to you Socrates! The militarized indoctrination of those young
children is an eye opener. It's not exactly the Boy Scouts. Many things
can be taken out'a context and spun as negative PR....but those kids....
That's really messed up!

Great day to you too Ron, it makes me sick to see that happen.

Trex

Electoral Member
Apr 4, 2007
Hither and yon
Hello Socrates,

In the past I have disagreed with some of your posts.

In this case I agree with you 100%.

Iran and Syria use Hamas as a tool to project their political will in the middle-east.
The Iranians and Syrians could not care less about the loss of Palestinian life.
In fact they revel in it.
The Palestinians are cannon fodder to be used up like toilet paper in the anti-Israeli schemes of Iran and Syria.

The Palestinians have a legitimate grievance in the occupied territories.
It needs to be settled with truce and negotiations with the Israelis.
There is no other way peace will occur.

It is insane to think the Israelis will allow thousands of missiles and mortars to be fired into their country.
Constant bombings and sniping.
They can and will declare war on any group that tries to destroy their country (big surprise there).

Iran needs to start watching its ass if it does not want to be on the receiving end of an Israeli "first strike".

Good post Soc.

Trex

Reactions: DurkaDurka

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Hello Socrates,

In the past I have disagreed with some of your posts.

In this case I agree with you 100%.

Iran and Syria use Hamas as a tool to project their political will in the middle-east.
The Iranians and Syrians could not care less about the loss of Palestinian life.
In fact they revel in it.
The Palestinians are cannon fodder to be used up like toilet paper in the anti-Israeli schemes of Iran and Syria.

The Palestinians have a legitimate grievance in the occupied territories.
It needs to be settled with truce and negotiations with the Israelis.
There is no other way peace will occur.

It is insane to think the Israelis will allow thousands of missiles and mortars to be fired into their country.
Constant bombings and sniping.
They can and will declare war on any group that tries to destroy their country (big surprise there).

Iran needs to start watching its ass if it does not want to be on the receiving end of an Israeli "first strike".

Good post Soc.

Trex
Good day to you Trex, For the Americans I think during the first 4 year term for Obama will be watching very close the Middle East. If Iran continues to push the envelope of constant attacks on Israel via Hamas. Israel will not seek permission from anyone to nuke Iran. Iran must never be allowed by the UN to become a nuclear power nation or the superpower of the Middle East. Iranian garbage extreme fundamental mentality has nothing to offer to the world of peace.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
This planet is for all human beings; to be mono-opinion on the subject it makes one look much uninformed.
Here on this axiomatic video Hamas is seen to be nothing but a bag of Iranian extreme fundamental sh t. I feel for the poor Palestinians, and Hamas is a bag of sh t.
:angryfire:

YouTube - Hamas terrorists kill innocent Palestinian in Gaza (Rare Video) (Must See)
So this is what the Israeli borg machine looks like eh?

I know when I'm at a wedding I station myself a block away so I get all the really good close-ups of my friends singing and drinking. The poster just happened to join utube on the 3rd of this month, he has posted two videos, both about Hamas, and his two favorite videos are also about how bad Hamas is. All 4 the same day and then....nothing. A 27 year old from Israel would........nothing to see here folks move along, move along.

The date on the vid was during the time there were killings between Hamas and the PLO, 2007-8. How do we know it was a wedding party and not a polotical 'party' anybody catch which song was being sung. No women at a wedding?? this I gotta check out.

Edit to add.They were further in the background along with the kids but the men were the singers and the dancers.

The prisoners at about 4:45 had their t-shrits pulled up over their faces by their own doing, they weren't being paraded naked through the streets.

Last edited:

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Not surprisingly, the above is false:

...In her blog at the Spectator website, Melanie Phillips, under the headline 'Believe it', said that the video showed "Hamas mowing down and murdering a Palestinian wedding party for no other reason than there was music and dancing".
It doesn't. It shows an incident that did occur - Hamas did break up a wedding party in northern Gaza in August 2007 - but no one was murdered.
According to a Reuters report of August 11, 2007, 20 people were injured and four were arrested for questioning. The Jerusalem Post reported on August 13, 2007 that five guests were detained "for several hours", but there was no killing.
They were detained not for singing and dancing, but because they were leading members of Fatah. The breaking up of the wedding party occurred at a time of heightened tension between Hamas and Fatah, when Hamas had banned fireworks, celebratory gunfire and overly noisy gatherings.
Does that justify what occurred at the wedding? No. But nor is it justified to misrepresent this incident as a rampage by "animals" who murder people for listening to music. Melanie Phillips appears to have removed her link to the video; but she hasn't issued an apology yet.

Gaza propaganda war escalates on the internet | Features | The First Post

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Regarding 9/11, this is a more complete and accurate picture of Palestinian reaction:

Voice of America
Like people everywhere, Palestinians were shocked by last year's terrorist attacks against the United States. While there is still sympathy for the losses suffered by the American people among some Palestinians, there is also a strong and growing anti-American sentiment in the streets of Palestinian areas.

Ask most Palestinians in this traditionally Arab section of Jerusalem about September 11 and they'll recall just what they were doing when they first heard the news. They'll also recall their reaction of shock and disbelief.

Nabil Feidy runs a popular foreign exchange shop on Salah Eddin Street. He says he remembers those initial television pictures. "Actually, I was at my dentist and thinking it was a movie or something and all of a sudden I saw the breaking news and I told my dentist to stop," he said. "I said look at the TV and it was the second airplane hitting the tower."

Pace: What did you think?

Feidy: I couldn't believe it, actually; one could never comprehend that such a thing could happen.

The initial shock was universal. But that feeling of shock did not necessarily mean that everyone here felt sympathy for Americans. Ibrahim is a 27-year-old Jerusalem taxi driver. He says he doesn't feel sorry for Americans. Ibrahim says he believes America got what it deserved. He says the United States is the source of sorrow in much of the world. "Not just Palestinians, but all Arabs and Muslims feel this way," he says.

Those views are not unique among Palestinians. Like many other Arabs, they are critical of the United States for what they see as its blind support for Israel and for allowing Israel to take any punitive action it wants against the Palestinians.

Despite Washington's assurances to the contrary, many Palestinians consider American military action in Afghanistan and now American threats against Iraq, as attacks against the Arab and Muslim world. They believe the United States wants to control the Middle East to remake the region to suit the Americans and Israelis.

Mahdi Abdel Haadi is a leading Palestinian academic. He says, largely because of these feelings toward America, popular Arab reaction to September 11 has been mixed. "The Palestinian street and the Arab street in general were saying now the Americans can see the pain and suffering we have been going through," he said. "And the second school of thought was saying this is a shock, this is unaccepted, this is unethical and this is a crime and without exaggeration, it is a terrorist act and we will not accept it."

Mr. Abdel Haadi says he was one of many Palestinian professionals and intellectuals who wrote letters to their American colleagues and friends to express sympathy and to share their grief.

But while some Palestinians took part in candlelight vigils and pro-American demonstrations, some other Palestinians danced in the streets to show their satisfaction at the attacks. While such displays were quickly disavowed by the Palestinian leadership, they do show the mixed feelings Palestinians have toward the attacks.

Businessman Nabil Feidy says one of the effects of September 11 attacks was to shift American policy even more toward Israel by portraying the Israelis as victims and the Palestinians as terrorists. "For the first time, America has been attacked at home," said Nabil Feidy. "For the first time, Americans feel they are victimized and that they have to take their revenge and in the process Israelis took advantage of this by … saying 'we have been suffering terrorism for so many years and now you know how it is' … this affects us [Palestinians] by allowing Israelis [to do] what they're doing without being questioned about it."

The past year has seen an increase in Israeli-Palestinian violence and an accompanying increase in anti-American sentiment among the Palestinian population. Mahdi Abdel Haadi says the post-September 11 messages from Washington are largely responsible for those feelings. "The first message was from the President [Bush] 'who is not with me is against me'. [That was] an arrogance of power, which is not acceptable," he said. "And, a 'crusade' message, which provoked people …. By the end of the day the Israelis are benefiting from the whole episode by warming up the media and American administration against the Palestinians. … It was a green light for Mr. Sharon's government to go ahead and crush the Palestinian identity and the Palestinian leadership in the name of a war against terrorism."

Mr. Abdel Haadi is not optimistic about the future of relations between Americans and Palestinians. He says if there is going to be an improvement, there will have to be a change in American attitudes. "It's not a question of what Palestinians should do," said Abdel Haadi. "It's a question of what America wants. Are the American people realizing they cannot isolate themselves from the globe and they should not see themselves as the only super power under the sun and they have to dictate to people their rights, how to eat, where to sleep and what to say? … The relationship today, it's ugly, it's unacceptable, it's one sided. If you want to look at the human dimension there is still hope that people are willing to open their hearts and minds and to share things."

Down on Salah Eddin Street, Nabil Feidy agrees. He says Palestinians don't hate Americans; they just hate American policy. "Palestinians love Americans, love what America stands for, love what Americans believe in," he said. "Palestinians do differentiate between an American administration and the American people. Most Palestinians have visited the United States; a lot of Palestinians are American [citizens], they know that American people, as a whole, are very decent people. But the policy of the administration is a very biased one."

And, like many Palestinians, Nabil Feidy does not believe Washington's attitude toward them will change any time soon.

Palestinians Exhibit Mixed Reactions to September 11 - 2002-09-07

So where is the anti-Palestinian propaganda movie of Palestinians growing horns, and eating Israeli babies?

Trex

Electoral Member
Apr 4, 2007
Hither and yon
Regarding 9/11, this is a more complete and accurate picture of Palestinian reaction:

Voice of America

So where is the anti-Palestinian propaganda movie of Palestinians growing horns, and eating Israeli babies?
...........................................................................................

Earth as one, I do not think that Palestinians are viewed by most people as evil.
I don't even think the Jews think they are evil.

I personally think the Palestinians are incredibly unfortunate.
They got screwed no doubt about it.

I also think they are used as a perpetual whipping boy by most Islamic states.
Lets face it most middle-eastern countries are run by corrupt despots.
They blow right off the top of the chart on the corruption index.

So they need an excuse for their miserable and failed governance.
The excuse is always the same.
Its the Americans, its the Jooo's.
Failing that its the entire Judaic/Christian Western World.

Enter the Palestinian patsies.
They have a legitimate beef of that there is no doubt.
But why will they not negotiate.
When your loosing a war and your people are getting killed what kind of government refuses a truce and a complete end to hostilities.
What kind of rational government would start a war, proceed to loose it and then refuse to negotiate.
Waiting for the Israelis to surrender could take a while, don't you think?

So some middle-eastern countries supply them with guns and bombs and explosives.
Encourage there futile battles.
Deluge them with propaganda.
Train them in bomb making and terrorism.

And absolutely refuse to accept any of them as refugee's.
Provide them with no food or medical supplies.
The Muslim world keeps them suffering and boxed up in those crappy camps.
Just so they can blame the Jews and the Americans.
Its dumb to expect the Jews to take in their enemies.
Take a look at the size of Palestinian Territories before the Brits carved it up.
Now take a look at the size of Israel.
Big difference isn't there.
You would think a few of those middle eastern- countries that absorbed so much of the old Palestine could accept a few refugee's would you not?

The Arab world is willing to allow the Israelis no land.
It was once Muslim and so the Jews must be driven into the sea.
And the Palestinians are the cannon fodder to keep the wound open and bleeding.

There are two sides to this horrible conflict.
They are both wrong, and they are both right.

A supervised truce and complete elimination of hostilities is the only solution.
There can be no winners.
But there could be peace.

Trex

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
A supervised truce and complete elimination of hostilities is the only solution.
There can be no winners.
But there could be peace.

Trex
The Jews more or less had the rule for the last 60 and the world basically turned it's back (lots of proposed resolutions but not one follow through) on the situation. Call it half-time and everybody switch sides. Then the world turns it back for another 60 years (actually the world could watch and even draw up papers on matters that more or less made the rest of the world wince but no actual enforcement) Give them (Governing Palestinians)what they want in terms of material things (swords or plow-sheers) and then check out the tally at the end to see who gets the next 60 year rule.

How much you wanna bet that somebody will eventually try and claim some of this is actually Bible prophecy being fulfilled? It was quite peaceful when the Ottoman ruled. Jews have to realize that God still loves them even when they take the humble roles society has to offer. Nobody ever kills the butler or the gardener.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Not surprisingly, the above is false:

Thats an odd view, you take their word for their own alleged crimes at face value. They claim no one was killed so they weren't.

You show grainy footage of the noise of gunfire and the claim that Jewish settlers beat or killed innocent Palestinians, we should accept their claims at face value because the Israelis have too much incentive to lie.

A palestinian shows a video with gunfire and clear beating of a group of peaceful people, and we should accept the aggressors statement at face value.

No matter how you slice it, its abuse on Palestinians worse than carried out by any Israeli settlers, but you remain quiet..why?

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Reality at some point has to prevail. Had Hamas this time around stuck to the rules this blood shed would have not happened. Iran wants to see all the Jews dead, and because of that the Jews have an indisputable right to defend their people.

Last edited:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Reality at some point has to prevail. Had Hamas this time around stuck to the rules this blood shed would have not happened. Iran wants to see all the Jews dead, and because of that the Jews have an indisputable right to defend their people.

In that part of the world, somebody has wanted "the Jews" dead long before a naughty Iran and Hamas ever came on the scene. Explain why, prior to Israel, the native Jewish population lived alongside Arabs with very little bloodshed and NO war?

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
In that part of the world, somebody has wanted "the Jews" dead long before a naughty Iran and Hamas ever came on the scene. Explain why, prior to Israel, the native Jewish population lived alongside Arabs with very little bloodshed and NO war?

Because no other peoples had ever established a national homeland in "Palestine" since the Jews had done it 2,000 years before, the British "looked favorably" upon the creation of a Jewish National Homeland throughout ALL of Palestine. The Jews had already begun mass immigration into Palestine in the 1880's in an effort to rid the land of swamps and malaria and prepare for the rebirth of Israel. This Jewish effort to revitalize the land attracted an equally large immigration of Arabs from neighboring areas who were drawn by employment opportunities and healthier living conditions. There was never any attempt to "rid" the area of what few Arabs there or those Arab masses that immigrated into this area along with the Jews!

As time moves on nothing stay’s the same, the Arabs one day got up way back then and said we want to see the Jews move out of our territory they do not have a right to a National state especially being that the Jews were so greatly out numbered.
If someone can explain to me how "expansionist Israel" has "taken over" the Middle East, the Arab countries occupies 640 times the land mass then that of Israel and outnumber the Jews of Israel by nearly 50 to 1. So much for Arab propaganda!

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Because no other peoples had ever established a national homeland in "Palestine" since the Jews had done it 2,000 years before, the British "looked favorably" upon the creation of a Jewish National Homeland throughout ALL of Palestine. The Jews had already begun mass immigration into Palestine in the 1880's in an effort to rid the land of swamps and malaria and prepare for the rebirth of Israel. This Jewish effort to revitalize the land attracted an equally large immigration of Arabs from neighboring areas who were drawn by employment opportunities and healthier living conditions. There was never any attempt to "rid" the area of what few Arabs there or those Arab masses that immigrated into this area along with the Jews!

As time moves on nothing stay’s the same, the Arabs one day got up way back then and said we want to see the Jews move out of our territory they do not have a right to a National state especially being that the Jews were so greatly out numbered.
If someone can explain to me how "expansionist Israel" has "taken over" the Middle East, the Arab countries occupies 640 times the land mass then that of Israel and outnumber the Jews of Israel by nearly 50 to 1. So much for Arab propaganda!

Where is the part about displaced Europeans, the Balfour Declaration and Resolution 181?

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Where is the part about displaced Europeans, the Balfour Declaration and Resolution 181?
LW, if this is what you are looking for in the middle of this info it explains that the British Mandate of Palestine ended in August 1 1948 2 states were facilitated.

The United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine or United Nations General Assembly Resolution 181 was a plan approved by the General Assembly on November 29, 1947[1] to terminate the British Mandate of Palestine by August 1, 1948, and facilitate the creation of two states, one Jewish and one Arab. The plan was approved by a vote of 33 to 13, with 10 abstentions. On March 5, 1948, the United Nations Security Council reached an impasse when it refused to pass a resolution which would have accepted the partition plan as a basis for Security Council action.[2] The United States subsequently recommended a temporary UN trusteeship for Palestine "without prejudice to the character of the eventual political settlement", and the Security Council voted to send the matter back to the General Assembly for further deliberation.[3] The General Assembly decided to appoint a Mediator, and relieved their Palestine Commission from any further exercise of responsibility under resolution 181 (II) of 29 November 1947.[4]

Last edited:

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
''Hamas is seen to be nothing but a bag of Iranian extreme fundamental sh t.''

Except Hamas is Sunni Palestinian, not Shiia Iranian.

Are you sure these videos aren't of Mossad agents disguised as Arabs such as those discussed in Ostrovsky's By Way of Deception?