american politics

tanyboy

Nov 21, 2008
Hi guys im from Sweden and im working with a project with american politics,How do you american indiviudals think the political system is just for you, does it favors you?, is it good for you ?,

please give me also your name and the place you live in so i can i write it down / peace out

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
We are not Americans BUT Canadians.

TWO completely different political systems.

You may though get a good take on AMERICAN politics from some of our members.

regards,
scratch

BTW: Welcome to CanCon. Great forums and good people. Don't be a stranger!

Last edited:

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
I would have loved to be the fly on the wall at that dinner. Two "alpha" females circling each other ready to go for the throat

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice invited the woman set to replace her as the nation's top diplomat, Sen. Hillary Clinton, to dinner Monday night, a State Department spokesman said.
Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, left, and Sen. Hillary Clinton dined together Monday night.

The dinner took place at Rice's home in the Watergate complex in downtown Washington, State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said. The meeting lasted for two hours, he said.
"They talked just very generally about policy -- the challenges, the opportunities -- talked a little bit about the job of secretary of state, talked about the 'building,' managing a big operation," McCormack said

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I would have loved to be the fly on the wall at that dinner. Two "alpha" females circling each other ready to go for the throat

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice invited the woman set to replace her as the nation's top diplomat, Sen. Hillary Clinton, to dinner Monday night, a State Department spokesman said.
Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, left, and Sen. Hillary Clinton dined together Monday night.

The dinner took place at Rice's home in the Watergate complex in downtown Washington, State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said. The meeting lasted for two hours, he said.
"They talked just very generally about policy -- the challenges, the opportunities -- talked a little bit about the job of secretary of state, talked about the 'building,' managing a big operation," McCormack said

Don't think they will be at each other's throats at all, just the opposite.
Two very intelligent women, with many things in common politically,
and I think they will have a very enjoyable and informative dinner.

I'm sure Condoleeza can't wait to get out of that 'mess' that they were in,
and if anything, she has much sympathy for Hilliary.
Both women are perfect for the job.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Hi guys im from Sweden and im working with a project with american politics,How do you american indiviudals think the political system is just for you, does it favors you?, is it good for you ?,

please give me also your name and the place you live in so i can i write it down / peace out

tanyboy, try some of the American forums. Canadian system is totally different from American system; it is much closer to the British system.

I am personally very well acquainted with the American system; I lived in USA for eight years (in the 70s). But this being a Canadian forum, you won’t find too many posters who are intimately familiar with American system.