First order of business for Obama

Lineman

No sparks please
Feb 27, 2006
Winnipeg, Manitoba
What in your opinion will be President Obama's first major problem that he will tackle. What should be dealt with first? Iraq, the deficit, Washington's establishment, etc?

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Obama’s will have to bring in a government runned healthcare system to get all Americans healthy and it should be on top of the list.

Lineman

No sparks please
Feb 27, 2006
Winnipeg, Manitoba
With a trillion dollar deficit I doubt they could. My opinion is nothing gets done till the dollars are available. The 2 dirtiest words in the US "tax hikes"

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Damage control. He has built up everyones hope to such a level he can't possibly deliver. The office he holds just hasn't the power.

More damage control in that the Republicans, racists and skin heads are going to cause him an unbelievable amount of hardship. He'll have the entire FOX network dedicated into twisting every word he says for example.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Damage control. He has built up everyones hope to such a level he can't possibly deliver. The office he holds just hasn't the power.

More damage control in that the Republicans, racists and skin heads are going to cause him an unbelievable amount of hardship. He'll have the entire FOX network dedicated into twisting every word he says for example.

I concur with your assessment of the situation.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

It's interesting that you mention that, as we were just talking about exactly that problem
earlier tonight. If Fox network continues the childish and trashy and harmful type of reporting that they have been doing for the past months, they would then, be actually talking
to the 'american voter', as they have spoken, and obama is their choice, and even fox network
should stand down and get their act together, and be more respectful.
we will watch and see.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

It's interesting that you mention that problem concerning fox network. If they continue spewing out their trashy and disrespectful reporting now, they then, are actually directing
their smut to the 'american people', as it is 'them' who have spoken, and they have chosen
Obama is a big way, so, that should be respected.
I don't think Hannity, or any of them can do that, there is no class on that channel at all.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
First thing is to stop divisiveness and restore the constitution so that people can believe in themselves and their neighbors again. His job right now is to put an end to the nonsense that past administration has been up to.

He should bring in some key good Republicans or at least offer them some good positions in his administration. He probably wouldn't want it but offer McCain Secretary of Defense.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
First thing is to stop divisiveness and restore the constitution so that people can believe in themselves and their neighbors again. His job right now is to put an end to the nonsense that past administration has been up to.

He should bring in some key good Republicans or at least offer them some good positions in his administration. He probably wouldn't want it but offer McCain Secretary of Defense.
How about Bill Clinton--Secretary of State?

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
I can't help but smile when I think of the neo-cons trying to persuade Obama: "seriously Mr. President, greed is good."

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
I really would.

I don't think Obama is going to do as he is told and I doubt he is easily buffaloed.

I just hope he pays proper attention to his security. My first recommendation would be that he should avoid convertibles.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
I really would.

I don't think Obama is going to do as he is told and I doubt he is easily buffaloed.

I just hope he pays proper attention to his security. My first recommendation would be that he should avoid convertibles.

You know S.F., throughout this campaign I have consistently seen Obama in JFK's place in that Lincoln convertible....
Why I don't know, just a feeling.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
I would send Bush, the GOP, and Halliburton/Bechtel a bill for the cost. Under no circumstances should taxpayers be compelled to py for that criminal war of treason and imperialism.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
His first order of business is to clean up eight years of right wing ruin.

A tall order since the GOP has totally screwed up America....it may take a few years but by 2012 I suspect the economy will be robust, they will be out of Iraq, solved Afghanistan, improved Americans access to health care and maybe, just maybe brought them closer to a surplus but I wouldn't expect that much in just four years.

We will see, but I have little doubt that the country will be put on firmer ground at home and abroad by the next election.

I'm so excited for Americans right now and I envy them, Obama brings hope out of despair. I wish we had a leader who looked to the future instead of the dogmatic idealogical religion of the cons in this country....perhaps one day we will be as progressive as the Americans.

The best part of this is going to be watching the Obama transition team slowly and meticulously scrub the white house clean of the slug and scum that currently resides there.:lol: