When the winner is declared.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I think, no matter who wins on Tuesday, there will be rioting, looting and arson on the streets of the USA.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
McCain's theme is 'stand up and fight'. I suppose if one yells that sort of thing long enough, anything is possible.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Win, loose or draw the people will get nothing but the slimey empty rhetoric. Change, hope, christ I'm not going to miss that asshole Obama.

Geez, DB, I am stricken with admiration......how have you done it?

So much darkness, depression, negativity.......you remind me of poor Eyore of Winnie-the-Pooh fame.......

How have you managed to stumble through without hanging yourself?

Don't you own a rope?

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
Walter may well have a point. I live in an area in the US where that is entirely possible. One item of interest is that the FEMA support facilities set-up for support after the damaging forest fires in the west during the June-July period still have not been deactivated. Preplanning for an event like this may well be the reason for that. Don't think that martial law isn't a possibility in the US. It has been declared before too.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Now, here's a jaded question.

The sort of people who riot because their team lost the championship... are these the same people who are passionately following an election?

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
Karrie,
Go to a Soccer Game in England that is hotly contested and then see what happens outside the stadium when the game ends. Those are passionate fans. These are passionate followers. Anything is possible. This should be the biggest election turnout in US history. Feelings are running high about the issues and the candidates.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
This 'lovely black and white man could be the next u.s. president, and is the perfect person
to represent 'EVERYONE', but unfortunately hundreds of thousands still hate the colour of his
skin, as that country is still so far behind the times, it is sad.

I am afraid

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
This 'lovely black and white man could be the next u.s. president, and is the perfect person
to represent 'EVERYONE', but unfortunately hundreds of thousands still hate the colour of his
skin, as that country is still so far behind the times, it is sad.

I am afraid
As long as America is around there will never be peace because it's so profitable for them to be at war. The dead and dieing young men and women are of no concern to them and these young people do not even know why they are sent where they are sent or WHY?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Do you remember when Iraqi's were "liberated" they rampaged an Iraq museum stealing priceless artififacts, and just about anything else they got their hands on? Bush said it was pent up giddyness after acquiring their new freedoms. This could be the same.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Why wouldn't there be riots. I've seen supposedly rational and sane people on forums, blogs, youtube, all over the internet resorting to the worst of human behaviour, all because somebody cheers for the other team.

It's bloody stupid when the Brits do it over football, and it's bloody stupid when it's an election. Now, if this were a new revolution or something based on corrupt government stealing rights away, well that's a whole new ball game. Beaver would likely go for that, but "Don't be hasty"...

ps. I love the sports analogies, lol

ETA: and what's with this damned green crap everywhere! Cover your noses when you sneeze, jeezzz

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Geez, DB, I am stricken with admiration......how have you done it?

So much darkness, depression, negativity.......you remind me of poor Eyore of Winnie-the-Pooh fame.......

How have you managed to stumble through without hanging yourself?

Don't you own a rope?

Stumble through what? Are you talking in tongues again? I got lots of rope. Why would I hang myself when all my enemies (capitalists, godwhacks, banking scum, and yankee imperialist pricks ) are sinking slinking and blinking out of existance. A few will be preserved in institutions for medical studies. There's a cage for you if you confess now.:lol:

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Why wouldn't there be riots. I've seen supposedly rational and sane people on forums, blogs, youtube, all over the internet resorting to the worst of human behaviour, all because somebody cheers for the other team.

It's bloody stupid when the Brits do it over football, and it's bloody stupid when it's an election. Now, if this were a new revolution or something based on corrupt government stealing rights away, well that's a whole new ball game. Beaver would likely go for that, but "Don't be hasty"...

ps. I love the sports analogies, lol

ETA: and what's with this damned green crap everywhere! Cover your noses when you sneeze, jeezzz

Their own constitution (which they have sworn to uphold as the highest athority) demands and ligitimizes revolutionary change of government including use of arms. The indicators are there in place, electoral fraud, monstorously imbalanced distribution of wealth, finance initiated recession/depression, financialization of their economy, off shoreing of manufactories millions of low paid migrante workers competeing for domestic jobs and protracted periods of warfare. If there isn't a revolution now then there will be nothing but an insurgency of the disaffected citizenry put down on a regular basis in an adhoc manner two to four years out ending in permanet police state North America and maybe sooner depending on just how brain dead Americans really are. If they're as simple minded as Canadians they're in trouble.