USS Mount Whitney - Diaper transport

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
What is considered the most sophisticated US Navy warship ever commissioned, in terms of communications and intelligence, the USS Mount Whitney brings humanitarian supplies to Georgia.

"The USS Mount Whitney has arrived in Poti," Wood said at his midday briefing. "It's bringing humanitarian supplies such as, I believe, 4,000 blankets, juice, diapers, hygiene products. There's absolutely no foundation to this Russian charge."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/09/05/us.russia.nuclear/index.html

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Uncle Sam's getting very stupid even by American standards. Nobody but Americans sees this provocation as humanitarian aid. The doomsday clock is ticking away, it can be heard most clearly at the ends of Brezinskis cresent.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

They're setting some very dangerous precedence. There was absolutely no other
ship afloat in the Med that these supplies could be delivered on other than a U.S.
war ship? Messing with nuclear agreements with Russia and other countries that
are also currently negotiating similar agreements (or have already done so) will very
quickly come to the conclusion that the agreements aren't worth the paper they're
printed on. A person (or a country) is only as good as their word. Bad form...

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
They're setting some very dangerous precedence. There was absolutely no other
ship afloat in the Med that these supplies could be delivered on other than a U.S.
war ship? Messing with nuclear agreements with Russia and other countries that
are also currently negotiating similar agreements (or have already done so) will very
quickly come to the conclusion that the agreements aren't worth the paper they're
printed on. A person (or a country) is only as good as their word. Bad form...

I think you're on to something there Ron, BAD PAPER. One participant in particular simply can't be trusted farther than they can be kicked with a frozen mukluk.:smile:

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

"darkbeaver," I think this might just be the first time you and I have been on the same side of
an issue. How about that?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
"darkbeaver," I think this might just be the first time you and I have been on the same side of
an issue. How about that?

The universe is a strange and wonderful place, we can't hope to fathom its designs for us. I can only hope that we will find common ground in the future and make the big nicey nicey.:smile: I think issues are spherical and don't really have sides, that's the game they got us playing all the time.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

The universe is a strange and wonderful place, we can't hope to fathom its designs for us. I can only hope that we will find common ground in the future and make the big nicey nicey.:smile: I think issues are spherical and don't really have sides, that's the game they got us playing all the time.

Now that's a very cool outlook!