Stealing America Vote by Vote

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I came across the preview for this documentary called ''Stealing America Vote by Vote''

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/stealingamericavotebyvote/

It raises questions.

Do you trust the voting system?

Do you think we should have paper ballots?

How sure are you that you don't have spyware on your computer right now??

The voting system has become computerized. Somebody programs those computers.. nope very little faith in a computerized system.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I don't think it matters one way or the other, unless it is much easier to cheat with
paper ballets as opposed to electronic machines.
There was so much said about the final outcome in Ohio las election, and no one can
prove what actually happened, so no one will ever really know, but it was charged that
the bush people made sure he won that state by cheating, and I'm sure they can find
a way to do that if they really want to.
The vote was very close in ohio, and bush managed to win the state, (or did he?),
they have no shame in politics, they do what they do to win at any cost, they don't
care, winning is everything.
Don't forget the people running the election in every state, are also republicans or
democrats, with their own agenda, just like the supreme court in the 2000 election, so
outcomes, unless they are so overwhelming, can be changed.
Whoever you are voting for, just hope that they are winning by a large margin, and cheating can't make the difference.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
The voting machines that were used in the last two US elections have had numerous studies and test done to them afterwards (After everybody was told they were secure and safe) that found that the machines had no or very little security features on it that prevented tampering.

^ That alone loses trust in them for me, and until the machines can be gaurnteed (Through proven tests and open results to the public) Paper ballots should remain as the main form of voting..... it maybe slower, but you can't edit them.... if someone does, it's still easier to track down who did it, then it is with those machines.

Those machines could be tampered with by any regular joe who knows a thing or two about computer hacking.... right up to people those machines have in selection to vote for who have the resources and manpower to alter them.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Paper ballots? Don't we have those now?

Last I checked we did.... but if there's any talk of bringing those machines here to Canada from the US, they can forget about it, because I sure as hell won't put up with it, nor could I imagine many others doing so.

Perhaps if it was a totally different system created inside of Canada, tested by a third party, and proven to be tamper-proof, then I might accept the idea.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
We use paper ballots but I imagine they are tabulated by computer.

Besides it all matters who wins. This issue only pops up when the Democrats lose the White House.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
We use paper ballots but I imagine they are tabulated by computer.

Besides it all matters who wins. This issue only pops up when the Democrats lose the White House.

To be perfectly honest, I never trusted the machines prior to the actual election, and the amount of bickering which came about afterwards about them, and the reports of their lack of security only built up on my original assumptions.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I just have a hunch that if Obama wins, voting irregularity protests and accusations from the Democrats will be null.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
some hunch, ES, how hard did the Republicans complain the last 2 elections??

Some intuition ya got there boy

EDIT nice Ninja post Prax, that is pretty much what I meant:)

I am not sure I get your question. If you meant the last two presidential elections they didn't complain at all.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
ES- You made some derisive remark about how if Obama wins no-one will complain, as if to suggest that if the Repugs win they'll gracefully accept defeat and/or even if the Dems win they MUST make an uproar about the results not being accurate or appear disingenuous

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
I am not sure I get your question. If you meant the last two presidential elections they didn't complain at all.

He and I ment, that the Republicans didn't complain because they won.... you claimed that if the Democrats win this time, they won't complain about rigging..... but will the Republicans complain about losing?

Added:

Oh, I see we have two ninjas in the thread....