" The Real McCain "

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
The real McCoy.....McCain:

Recent Rasmussen poll in Ohio has McCain up by 10 pts
National Journal Online - Comfort Zone ...

Ok, McCain should admit it already and say, "I'm too old!!"
Not too old.. just a difference in communication. McCain talks to people and ...

McCain alleges media love affair with Obama from his BS Express
That about sums it up

......should impress someone...

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Fellow Republicans used to routinely attack McCain for his flip flops and anti neo conniver ideas. Today they love him.

That tells you quite a lot about that party.

Lester

Council Member
Sep 28, 2007
Ardrossan, Alberta
Didn't he call his wife a c*nt back in 92- I heard she was running her fingers through his hair and remarked "your getting a little thin dear" -here read it yourself. to me that sums the man up.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Never count the Republicans out. They are good at dirty campaign tricks and selling strawman arguments.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Never count the Republicans out. They are good at dirty campaign tricks and selling strawman arguments.

Yeah, and the american people are good at 'getting' sucked in, it was so easy to see
in the last campaign, how the republicans were creating false stories, but the people
went for them hook line and sinker.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Yeah, and the american people are good at 'getting' sucked in, it was so easy to see
in the last campaign, how the republicans were creating false stories, but the people
went for them hook line and sinker.
McCain was a victim of Rove and Bush, re the "fathering an illegitimate black baby" story. But the strawman stuff is where they shine. Like Obama didn't stop at a military base today, therefore he doesn't respect the military. They will sell it and people will buy it.

And this surge nonsense. This war has been on for 5 years. Sooner or later things settle just from attrition and time. Hell there is peace in Germany, does that mean Hitler had it right? Did the surge work to bring peace to Vietnam? It's a dumb war and it should've ended years ago, and shouldn't have started in the first place. The end does not justify the means.

dj03

Electoral Member
Oct 9, 2007
Calgary
I read an article in Time Magazine earlier this year that said pollsters found Obama polled 10% higher than he actually performed during the primaries...the thinking from that was that there are 10% of voters out there who will claim to support Obama when asked but won't actually vote for him on voting day due to racial issues.

In other words, political correctness seems to be affecting polls but not votes.

So if the polls show a dead heat between Obama and McCain on election day, that would be good news for McCain and a potential problem for Obama.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I read an article in Time Magazine earlier this year that said pollsters found Obama polled 10% higher than he actually performed during the primaries...the thinking from that was that there are 10% of voters out there who will claim to support Obama when asked but won't actually vote for him on voting day due to racial issues.

In other words, political correctness seems to be affecting polls but not votes.

So if the polls show a dead heat between Obama and McCain on election day, that would be good news for McCain and a potential problem for Obama.
Good point.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Fellow Republicans used to routinely attack McCain for his flip flops and anti neo conniver ideas. Today they love him.

That tells you quite a lot about that party.

No, it tells you a lot about politics and elections.

They always turn out to be a choice of the lesser of two evils, and I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Beware when an election is not..........beware the wave of popularity that washes a candidate into office in a landslide. It is often based merely on charisma.

Oddly enough, one of the essential elements of charisma is arrogance....a supreme self-confidence, an awareness of one's own greatness, a sense of entitlement.

Beware.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Just like us in our country,Americans have to pick something less than the ideal person for the top job in the nation. I doubt that either McCain or Obama will make a good leader.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Hmmmm..Trudeaumania and Obamania
So much difference...

Trudeau wanted absolutely no part in politics. Perhaps Kreskin can elaborate on that. But Obama wants it so badly he will promise anything. Also to create an historical mark on American politics would probably suit him to a "T".

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
McCain was a victim of Rove and Bush, re the "fathering an illegitimate black baby" story. But the strawman stuff is where they shine. Like Obama didn't stop at a military base today, therefore he doesn't respect the military. They will sell it and people will buy it.
**************************************************************************************************************
And, did you hear obama's explanation about the 'non'e visit. The pentagon would only
allow' Obama', onto that military base, eventhough they had one of the highest ranking
retired military men as part of their party, and, apparantly that fellow was upset, so
Obama made a decision to avoid it all together, not wanting to leave everyone out,
except him, as, he said it would then, be touted as a 'political' visit, so, he won't win
this one either way
*************************************************************************************************************************
And this surge nonsense. This war has been on for 5 years. Sooner or later things settle just from attrition and time. Hell there is peace in Germany, does that mean Hitler had it right? Did the surge work to bring peace to Vietnam? It's a dumb war and it should've ended years ago, and shouldn't have started in the first place. The end does not justify the means
*****************************************************************************************
Yeah, and the republicans are going to do constant overkill re: anything military, as
they push McCain as being the better leader for 'security' and 'Obama' as, not
experienced enough, and that is something that the people will easily get sucked
in by. They jump aboard the patriotic stuff very easily, as their emotions are the
only thing they can display, as they have no control over anything else.

Tell me, just how much experience does a military soldier need to go into another
country and be 'killed', the u.s. certainly doesn't hesitate, they are sent there without
much training at all, just push them through training camp, then push them onto the
battle field, then spout all of your political 'rubbish', and call him a hero, then ship
his dead body back stateside, and never talk about him again.

And, all this talk about McCain's experience, to take care of the american people, is
just another political ploy, to pull at the emotions of the people, and get that patriotic
stuff going, and yes, 'suck them in again'.

Last edited:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
All that whining and complaining about the media this week, eh? Well, why didn't McCain show up at the journalist convention? 6000 asian and minority journalists waiting for him. They even reserved two hours for him to talk. Didn't show. I hope this is brought up every time they whine about the media, because that whining is bs anyway. It's simply a dirty republican campaign tactic. Now they have no excuse.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
All that whining and complaining about the media this week, eh? Well, why didn't McCain show up at the journalist convention? 6000 asian and minority journalists waiting for him. They even reserved two hours for him to talk. Didn't show. I hope this is brought up every time they whine about the media, because that whining is bs anyway. It's simply a dirty republican campaign tactic. Now they have no excuse.

Now Kreskin ... dirty and republican...just not fair in the same sentence.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Didn't he call his wife a c*nt back in 92- I heard she was running her fingers through his hair and remarked "your getting a little thin dear" -here read it yourself. to me that sums the man up.

In a public scene, try turning to your wife or girlfriend, rub your fingers along their sides and say "You're getting a little fat dear." And see what happens to you.

Or better yet, look them into their eyes and say "You're getting some pretty baggy eyes & crows feet there hun."

Chances are, you're gonna lose a tooth or two..... being called a koont would be about a decent equivilant and I wouldn't really hold anybody in paticular in bad standing for such a reply to an embarassing moment in front of your peers at the hands of your loved one.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
In a public scene, try turning to your wife or girlfriend, rub your fingers along their sides and say "You're getting a little fat dear." And see what happens to you.

Or better yet, look them into their eyes and say "You're getting some pretty baggy eyes & crows feet there hun."

Chances are, you're gonna lose a tooth or two..... being called a koont would be about a decent equivilant and I wouldn't really hold anybody in paticular in bad standing for such a reply to an embarassing moment in front of your peers at the hands of your loved one.

IMO -- We are all going to suffer consequences from the out come!