Omar Khadr....

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Khadr's interrogators told to destroy notes, lawyer says

June 8, 2008 at 8:23 PM EDT
OTTAWA — Interrogators at Guantanamo Bay – including those assigned to Canadian Omar Khadr – were encouraged to destroy handwritten notes from interview sessions to protect them from future legal action, according to newly released documents.

A “standard Operating Procedure” manual for “Intelligence exploitation teams” operating at Guantanamo Bay – codenamed “Tiger Teams” – was shown to Mr. Khadr's U.S. military defence lawyer, Lieutenant-Commander Bill Kuebler, late last week.

“This mission has legal and political issues that may lead to interrogators being called to testify, keeping the number of documents with interrogation information to a minimum can minimize certain legal issues,” the manual states, according to an affidavit filed by LCdr. Kuebler.

The revelation is another in a long line of documents, findings and events that have cast the Guantanamo Bay legal proceedings in a less than flattering light. That interrogators were instructed to destroy their handwritten notes is of particular importance to Mr. Khadr, because much of the case against him is believed to rely on what he said during some of those interrogation sessions.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl.../National/home
---------------------------------------------------------------
Didn't the handwritten notes from their doodle pads get transfered into some file? What are they accusing him off, if they can't even prove anything? But then, we are not dealing with a proper court!!!:angryfire:

I wonder why they even bother?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Gee, no reply for the forum's right wingers yet again.

What would have been their response if it had been USA or Canadian troops tortured by Muslim troops? Inju8stice is wrong, no matter who the victim might be.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Sorry gopher, to disappoint you....:-(
It feels like the forum is dying! I'm preparing myself to leave.

Maybe the next pres will give those poor souls in Guantanamo and Iraq/Afghanistan a pardon. That would be a first step to lighten America's image.

I had to laugh today as I was looking around and saw the Name McLame!!:lol: I don't expect much good will be coming from him.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
I think we have at least another thread going on Omar, but this one looks forlorn, so... I will drop my little bomb here!
Explosive new documents suggest Canada was aware of the harsh treatment that Canadian terror suspect Omar Khadr was being subjected to in Guantanamo Bay at the hands of U.S. military interrogators.
A Canadian Citizen, a boy still... and we didn't help him!!! I bet my house and home... if it had been the son of any of our Prime Ministers, he would not be sitting in Guantanamo defending himself against a bunch of crooks and liars!
Justice... just a silly word! It all depends who you are and who you know!

Another bomb...
But Prime Minister Stephen Harper, speaking Thursday in Tokyo, Japan following this week's G8 meetings, said Canada had little say in the situation and has no intention of interfering.
Put the blame on Paul Martin! It's all his doing!
Harper distanced his government from the documents. He said former prime minister Paul Martin's government was aware of how Khadr was being treated, but there was little that could have been done. "The previous government took a whole range, all of the information into account when they made the decision on how to proceed with the Khadr case several years ago,'' he said.
Harper added that Canada: "frankly, has no real alternative'' to the U.S. legal process.

However, Khadr's U.S, military lawyer, Lt.-Cmdr. William Kuebler, put the blame squarely on Harper's shoulders. He said the U.S. would probably have complied with a request from Harper to have Khadr transferred into Canadian custody -- but the request hasn't been made.
http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/abc..._harper_080710
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the poodle got replaced with a new-found twin....

Last edited:

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Help him? He was fighting against Canadian forces. That's treason. His only saving grace is his age, otherwise we should be helping him to the gallows.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
I think we have at least another thread going on Omar, but this one looks forlorn, so... I will drop my little bomb here!A Canadian Citizen, a boy still... and we didn't help him!!! I bet my house and home... if it had been the son of any of our Prime Ministers, he would not be sitting in Guantanamo defending himself against a bunch of crooks and liars!
Justice... just a silly word! It all depends who you are and who you know!

Another bomb...Put the blame on Paul Martin! It's all his doing! http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/abc..._harper_080710
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the poodle got replaced with a new-found twin....

Pathetic losers.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Help him? He was fighting against Canadian forces. That's treason. His only saving grace is his age, otherwise we should be helping him to the gallows.
He didn't kill a Canadian! Whether he killed an American is very unclear, most likely not. But we have been over this story before... and there is no sense in arguing with someone who is deadset against him!

It is my opinion, if Canada wants to have peace in the country and reconcile itself with the Muslim community, then a kind gesture would go miles towards understanding, tolerance and generally getting along with each other. This way, sitting on a high and mighty horse, and pretend nothing could and can't be done, we shoot ourselves in the foot!!!

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Thanks, Socrates, at least you got clear eyesight! I fully agree with you.... super pathetic loosers!;-):lol:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Oh the bleeding hearts.

Like I said before. We should let him go and Canada should have a ticker tape parade for the sweet little al-queda fighter.

"He was just touring the world, the poor little baby. Bless his little heart."

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
It doesn't matter if he killed anybody. It doesn't matter if he even fired a shot. He took up arms against us. That's enough.

He took up arms allegedly against the empire JTF, look arround and try to understand where you actually live. He took up arms for us, allegdedly. He should be released immeadiately and harper offered up to take his place, the yankee pig dogs can do what they want with that deviant godwhack.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Oh the bleeding hearts.

Like I said before. We should let him go and Canada should have a ticker tape parade for the sweet little al-queda fighter.

We'll examine your empathy soon enough when your countrymen are rounded up en masse and put to trial which the planet sorely requires if justice is to mean anything at all in the age of crap you call the American century.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Absolutely correct...........except that other saving grace......the unconstitutional nature of his trial, clearly forbidden by the fifth amendment to the US Constitution. And that is ignoring the fact that his judge, who ruled in his favour, was forced out on his retirement birthday, even though he wanted to carry on to the end of the trial.

This becomes, as I said, Kafkaesque.

I'd have loved it if the US had shot him dead on the spot (in combat) or if they had turned him over as a foreign fighter to the Afghans, who could have shot him......but that didn't happen.

Now the thing has become such a farce that Canada should step in and request his release.

Quoting EagleSmack Oh the bleeding hearts.

And that is EXACTLY what would happen, and it makes me sick.

It is just that the alternative is worse.​

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
We'll examine your empathy soon enough when your countrymen are rounded up en masse and put to trial which the planet sorely requires if justice is to mean anything at all in the age of crap you call the American century.

Now will this round up take place after the up and coming Second US Civil War to be occuring in the 3rd Quarter of this year that you predicted or after Bush declares Martial Law and Ruler for Life. Oh wait you predicted we would be under martial law and him President for life for the spring of 2008.

Any more silly predictions?

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
People pick sides....!

Canada through its government chose to engage the Taliban in Afghanistan as though it were the duty of Canada and Canadians to rise to the defense of American pipeline interests.... When Bush declared anyone who harbors terrorists as an enemy of America, our government wasn't clever enough to see through the scam being perpetrated that would permit American energy interests to secure a "right of way" through Afghanistan... We as Canadians chose to throw our support behind a liar and a fraud. Omar Khadar (a young impressionable fellow...) decided to throw his support behind something he believed in....(perhaps).....

So we have Stephen Harper aligning Canada with a political regime in America that's demonstrated that they're prepared to lie to the world, re-write the Geneva Conventions and rape and pillage a land in the name of oil and American "interests"....

We as Canadians through our governmen are on the "side" of an American regime that has demostrated its preparedness to implement torture as a methodology in obtaining "intelligence"...after of course the myth of WMDs......

We picked sides.....

Reactions: dancing-loon

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Now will this round up take place after the up and coming Second US Civil War to be occuring in the 3rd Quarter of this year that you predicted or after Bush declares Martial Law and Ruler for Life. Oh wait you predicted we would be under martial law and him President for life for the spring of 2008.

Any more silly predictions?

Yes, you will actually find out which way is up.:lol:

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Liberal senator and ex-general Romeo Dallaire says the government is undermining efforts to eradicate the use of child soldiers, by refusing to bring Omar Khadr into the Canadian justice system.

Dallaire said Khadr is a child soldier and should be given the same rehabilitation and treatment that Canada has devoted to other child soldiers around the world.

"We're getting stabbed in the back," Dallaire told CTV Newsnet on Wednesday. "We have worked for years to assist other nations in eradicating the use of children in conflict. But our own country doesn't even want to recognize that our own citizen (is a child soldier). No matter what his politics are, it's totally irrelevant. He's a child soldier that was abused and he's a child soldier that needs to be brought back into a formal process we signed up for."

Dallaire said the interrogation video released Tuesday shows a "traumatized 16-year-old" who is being held in an "illegal jail," and is an argument why Canada should use its own justice system to try Khadr.

"It is all the reason why we have fought for establishing the optional protocol on child rights, so that children are not used in combat operations," said Dallaire.
He added there was a "disconnect between what we believe are human rights, the rights of children and our judicial system, and this position taken by the prime minister in regards to a process that is considered by the American supreme court as inappropriate."

http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/abc...soldier_080716
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope Dallaire puts enough pressure on hardhearted Stephen Harper to shame him into action!!

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
It doesn't matter if he killed anybody.

Which any evidence in that situation is currently questionable and there is a lot of reasonable doubt.

It doesn't matter if he even fired a shot.

Which apparently never happened, as he is suspected of tossing a grenade. And about that.... if he was actually fighting the US troops, why didn't he have a weapon? Do you seriously think they would only give the kid One Grenade to use in a fight?

Apparently by the US's information, that's what they did..... if he did kill the medic, he used one grenade.... a grenade..... when most children brought into the Taliban or just in general culture, children are usually given an AK as soon as they can pick one up... so why did he only have one grenade to fight US troops with?

Which leads more to the side that the second guy they killed that they omitted from their reports was the one who threw it..... once again, reasonable doubt.

He took up arms against us. That's enough.

Wrong... that is what is in question, and so long as you keep on that mentality of "Guilty until proven innocent" like the US is doing, then you'll never know what truly happened.... you'll just know what the US wants you to hear that suits their own agenda.

So basically your entire post I quoted is false and unfounded at this stage in the game, and is little more the emotional dribble based on no evidence.