Blackwater.....

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Blackwater
by Jeremy Scahill (2007)

Review on back:
"Blackwater is the utterly gripping and explosive story of how the Bush administration has spent hundreds of millions of public dollars building a parallel corporate army, an army so loyal to far right causes it constitutes nothing less than a Republican guard. The most important and chilling book about the death throes of US democracy you will read in years and a triumph of investigative reporting." Naomi Klein, author of No Logo.

"This engrossing investigative piece exposing, in shocking detail, a U.S. government-outsourced Frankenstein replete with helicopter gunships may leave you incredulous. But you better believe it, for it poses a grave and gathering danger to the future of our Republic." Ray McGovern, CIA veteran and former intelligence briefer for George H.W. Bush.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Watch these videos!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOrh3bvbXEI&feature=related (part II)

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Americans are the first to buy anything. If they can buy justification for murder and mayhem and find people available to be bought.....

What's the problem?

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Americans are the first to buy anything. If they can buy justification for murder and mayhem and find people available to be bought.....

What's the problem?
Mikey;
I think you misunderstood! Don't you see what this is? What Blackwater is doing in Iraq it can also do right inside the US, if necessary. It can operate like the Gestapo did in Germany at one time, or the Stasi in East Germany.

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
All Blackwater is a US covert military unit supposedly a private contractor. I have seen a Camp they did operate in the southeast part of San Diego County. Their GM Suburbans looked the same as the Secret Service edition and also their Humvees are the full size equipped with the latest armor protection. How can that outfit get those packages when our own militray units on the streets of both Afghanistan and Iraq can't? There is a tie with the White House and it will all come out some day. It may be like the special military motorcycle detail the South Vietnamese President had that we called the "White Mice." In later years we found it to be a US trained and funded security detail.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
But listen to ITN and Thomaska and all the patriotic Americans participating here at Canadian Content!

It's those bad nasty evil Arabs and Koreans and Chinese that are behind all the conflict and mayhem in the world!

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Blackwater is indeed another one of Bush's steps for absolute control and destruction of what the world knows the US as.

In the previous forums I went to I posted many articles in relation to Blackwater Mercs in Iraq being completely complaicent in their jobs, which I used to think was to bring stability to the Iraqi people, not take pot shots at them, get drunk one night and shoot an Iraqi officer, gunning down cars with families in them, and so on and so forth.

There is no coverage or control over these mercs, because of the way they have been contracted out and how Bush has covered their asses, the Constitution and many hunan rights protections do not apply to them, and even if they did, they still can not be properly charged as we have seen countless times already.

The bigger problem is yes, they can do the exact same thing inside the US, if Bush hands them the approval to do so. Along with the bill with very loose wording to cover anything he wished to interpret to suit his personal needs, he can claim anything as a state of emergency, including and not limited to this recession they are going through, problems with securing oil and resources, the next president coming into power threatens his "Security" in Iraq, and many other things..... he can simply set the entire country under Martial Law and even if the US Military opposed this and a revolution occured by the people of the US, Bush will still have his hired Mercs to make sure he won't go down without a long and drawn out battle if he chooses to do so. And considdering that he's got more money going into Blackwater and more troops in Iraq are coming from Merc agencies then actual troops due to low recruitments and resources, it could get nasty.

Plus the fact that he has set laws and the patriot act in a manner in which he can deem citizens of the US as terrorists and wisk them away to be tortured and detained without charge, regardless of the US constitution and human rights, and regardless if they were born in the US.

Has it happened yet? Not that I'm aware of.

Is it possible? Yup.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Blackwater is indeed another one of Bush's steps for absolute control and destruction of what the world knows the US as.

Plus the fact that he has set laws and the patriot act in a manner in which he can deem citizens of the US as terrorists and wisk them away to be tortured and detained without charge, regardless of the US constitution and human rights, and regardless if they were born in the US.

Has it happened yet? Not that I'm aware of.

Is it possible? Yup.
At least you caught on, Praxius!
Here is another branch of Blackwater, called Total Intelligence Solutions.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...110202165.html

It assembled a roster of former spooks -- high-ranking figures from agencies such as the CIA and defense intelligence. Its chairman is Cofer Black, the former head of counter terrorism at CIA. He is known for his leading role of the agency's more controversial programs, including the rendition and interrogation of al-Qaeda suspects and the detention of some of them in secret prisons overseas.

Its chief executive is Robert Richer, a former CIA associate deputy director of operations who was heavily involved in running the agency's role in the Iraq war.

The owner/founder of Blackwater is Erik Prince, a multi-millionaire right-wing fundamentalist Christian from a powerful Michigan Republican family. He is a former Navy SEAL who served in Bosnia and Haiti.

http://www.nndb.com/people/926/000117575/

Here is a statement from Cofer Black: http://www.fas.org/irp/congress/2002_hr/092602black.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm just beginning to get a wee understanding about the war on terrorism behind the scenes. It's a massive, highly skilled and determined counter terrorist army.
I get the feeling that the war, Christians versus Muslims, has already started, is actually in full swing. And our Canada is sneakily participating.
Just yesterday I heard in passing that one of our ships has returned from the Gulf where it was stationed to counter terrorism. I did not know that. Did you?

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
At least you caught on, Praxius!
Loon.

There is no catching on required. Just keeping up with current events should do it. All these changes have been made right in front of the American people. And they think it's a good idea. OOO, gonna save us from terrorists. That is how government control starts. They make the populous think they are being protected. It's old as the hills. One word, 1984, it is now in the USA. Here too if were not careful, our politicians are stupid sheep.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Hi, eh1eh,
I admit I'm still not as aware of all things as a lot of others are here on the board, you included.;-)

But this book by Scahill sounds a bit alarming, and I wonder why, if everything is normal and in the open?

Anyway, I have found an article on the spying of their citizens. Perhaps that is normal and they don't mind. After all, they are in the middle of two wars, and naturally the homeland has to be checked for terrorists.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military_law/1281281.html
-----------------------------------------------
Interesting is this
The United States has 5% of the world’s population…
… but 25% of the world’s prison population.​
They dramatically lead the entire world in incarceration rates! I wonder how many are incarcerated for suspicion of terroristic activities?

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Mercanaries are not a new thing. In a world where people cry despair about losing a war when the attrition rate (with a smaller nations) is so one sided in your favour its barely a conflict at all..

Mercanaries come to fill the void, simply because it doesn't make the news if one of them bites it.

They existed in Vietnam too, WWII had few merc's in it (though it still did) mainly due to the fact that nations mobilized every resource they could already.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Well Z, most know Mercs have been around for a long time.... what I think is the main focal point of this debate is the level of dependancy the US government is investing into Mercs recently and why.

FUBAR

Electoral Member
May 14, 2007
The main problem historically with mercs is getting them to stop fighting once they start and pay negotiations.......

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
The why is simple, its a reaction to the media coverage.

If you have half dozen soldiers killed in a battle, all of a sudden the media trumps it up that you are "losing the war".

In WWII for instance, the US would lose up to 500 soldiers a minute and win, these days if you lose what? 4,000 in 6 years of warfare in two countries, all of a sudden its "the end is near" and "defeat looms".

So, to compensate the mercanaries come in, that why you can still wage a war, without being urged to surrender by the media, everytime you have a crushing victory over the opposition.