Obama wins NC close in Indy

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
That's good, he had a convincing win in NC, and now it looks like Clinten narrowly wins
Indiana, 51 to 49, so he came 'oh so close', and it is a good night for Obama, not so good
for hillary, makes it even harder now for her to win nomination
She's not backing off, they will have to drag her out 'kicking and screaming', maybe in a
straight jacket.
I am enjoying, as we speak, barack obama's speech tonight, very impressive.

Last edited:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I would like to see him and McCain duke it out. You know the Reps will be pulling out every divisive smear tactic they can muster.

Rumor I heard on CNN was Hillary will offer to drop out if she is offered the VP candidacy.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I would like to see him and McCain duke it out. You know the Reps will be pulling out every divisive smear tactic they can muster.

Rumor I heard on CNN was Hillary will offer to drop out if she is offered the VP candidacy.

Yeah, I heard that too, I sure hope obama doesn't get sucked into that trick, imagine
being followed around for four years by the Clintens.

I would like to see Obama choose Bill Richardson for his running mate. He is the governor
of New Mexico, and he would help draw many hispanic votes in the general election, and he is a good guy. He was running for the leadership for awhile, then dropped out.

There is something that 'worries' me, because the only way hilliary can win, is, if something catastrophic happens
to the obama campaign, and she is insisting that she can win, so perhaps her sarrogates will make sure something
awful is injected into his campaign, that will bring him down, as mathematically she can't win, even if they count
florida and michigan, which isn't suppose to be counted, so logically she should step down, but seeing she won't
tells me she and her group have a 'plan' for him. She had this race won before she even started, and obama is
interferring with that plan, she didn't count on any competition, let alone being defeated, she expected to be the
winner way back in California. She was very willing to let Michigan and florida drop out, cause she thought it didn't
make any difference, but now that she is losing, she wants both of those states brought back. Obama wasn't even
on the ballot in Michigan, and he didn't campaign in Florida, (democrats weren't going to count those states), but
there was some voting done, and she wants those votes now, a real haywire situation for sure.

Last edited:

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Latest on Obama.... Saturday, 10 May 2008 22:51 UK

Obama takes super-delegate lead

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama has overtaken his rival Hillary Clinton for the first time in endorsements from super-delegates.
Four super-delegates - party and elected officials - pledged to support Mr Obama, including two who previously supported Mrs Clinton.
Mr Obama also has a strong lead in delegates won in state primary and caucus votes.
The Democratic super-delegates look set to decide who wins the nomination.
Added to the nine who came out in support of Barack Obama on Friday, he now has 275 super-delegates to Mrs Clinton's 271.

'Likely nominee'
Mr Obama won a convincing victory in Tuesday's North Carolina primary; while Mrs Clinton narrowly won in Indiana.
Six more states hold primaries before the Democratic Party officially declares at its nominating convention in August who will take on presumptive Republican candidate John McCain.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7394311.stm
-------------------------------------------------------------
It isn't over until the fat Lady sings!!!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Yeah, I heard that too, I sure hope obama doesn't get sucked into that trick, imagine
being followed around for four years by the Clintens.

I would like to see Obama choose Bill Richardson for his running mate. He is the governor
of New Mexico, and he would help draw many hispanic votes in the general election, and he is a good guy. He was running for the leadership for awhile, then dropped out.

There is something that 'worries' me, because the only way hilliary can win, is, if something catastrophic happens
to the obama campaign, and she is insisting that she can win, so perhaps her sarrogates will make sure something
awful is injected into his campaign, that will bring him down, as mathematically she can't win, even if they count
florida and michigan, which isn't suppose to be counted, so logically she should step down, but seeing she won't
tells me she and her group have a 'plan' for him. She had this race won before she even started, and obama is
interferring with that plan, she didn't count on any competition, let alone being defeated, she expected to be the
winner way back in California. She was very willing to let Michigan and florida drop out, cause she thought it didn't
make any difference, but now that she is losing, she wants both of those states brought back. Obama wasn't even
on the ballot in Michigan, and he didn't campaign in Florida, (democrats weren't going to count those states), but
there was some voting done, and she wants those votes now, a real haywire situation for sure.
There sure is something odd about it. Her foot soldiers keep talking like she has as good a chance as he does. The spinmeisters keep saying Hillary won this State and that State and that makes her more electable than he. The case becomes she couldn't beat Obama but the Democrats should discard his defeat of her because she's can win and he can't.

Her only real hope is that Obama doesn't reach the official delegate count to knock her out, which I suppose he won't but he'll still have a higher count, then they take it to the convention and turn it into a circus.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
There sure is something odd about it. Her foot soldiers keep talking like she has as good a chance as he does. The spinmeisters keep saying Hillary won this State and that State and that makes her more electable than he. The case becomes she couldn't beat Obama but the Democrats should discard his defeat of her because she's can win and he can't.

Her only real hope is that Obama doesn't reach the official delegate count to knock her out, which I suppose he won't but he'll still have a higher count, then they take it to the convention and turn it into a circus.

Well, the latest is, from one of the democratic party officials, is that Obama is their
probable nominee, unless he LOSES the race himself, so, what exactly does that mean, to me it
brings back what I am suspicious of, that her army will trump up some bogus scandel
and throw it out there for the public to get horrified about, then they will run from
him and not want anything to do with him, hence she will end up the triumphant one,
as the party will chose her as the one who will 'beat' john mccain.
There is only 3 weeks left, she will win the next two primaries, even obama stated that,
but he can go on to win the rest.
He won't get the total numbers to win, but he will still beat her in numbers.

I just cannot see her conceding to him, and walking away, then supporting him, I am
feeling very nervous right now, wondering what will happen.
I heard her say today that she can get knocked down, but she will get up and fight on, and
never give up.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
You think the dems can stop war? I don't believe the U.S. asked for this war and I don't think it's a U.S. choice as to wether it continues. They can pull back and delay the inevitable, but war is coming our way, wether we like it or not.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
You think the dems can stop war? I don't believe the U.S. asked for this war and I don't think it's a U.S. choice as to wether it continues. They can pull back and delay the inevitable, but war is coming our way, wether we like it or not.

No, the dems cannot stop the war, but yes, they can intelligently withdraw the u.s. troups from the war, and yes, the war will continue on, without them.
The u.s. asked for the war in Iraq, they started it, and now they will have to leave the
iraqi people to continue it amongst themselves.
I don't believe the war is coming to the u.s., yes I suppose one day some country over
'there' will want to push the nuclear button and send a bomb somewhere, but I doubt it, as they
will know that their own demise is just around the corner if they do.
Survival will come to the forefront of most leaders and sane minds should prevail.

We all have to differentiate between the 'terrorist bumbs' and the 'real countries', and
deal with real governments in a diplomatic way. Much of what happened since 911 is
the fault of the u.s., with exception of afghanistan, so a step back and a big breath is
in order, and if the dems get their turn to lead the u.s. they will have that chance.

Last edited:

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Since she now has no chance of winning the nomination, Mrs. Clinton is hoping for a McCain presidency so she can try again in 2012.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Much of what happened since 911 is
the fault of the u.s., with exception of afghanistan, so a step back and a big breath is
in order, and if the dems get their turn to lead the u.s. they will have that chance.

What do you mean by "what happened"? Iraq? That's really all I can think of that was the fault of the U.S. Even at that it was not entirely unprovoked. Yeah, the U.S. was hot under the collar and Iraq was an easy target, but not a random target by any means. My view is that the war in Iraq is not a war, it's a front. The war is global. The war is raging all over the world, and you simply cannot blame the U.S. for that.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
What do you mean by "what happened"? Iraq? That's really all I can think of that was the fault of the U.S. Even at that it was not entirely unprovoked. Yeah, the U.S. was hot under the collar and Iraq was an easy target, but not a random target by any means. My view is that the war in Iraq is not a war, it's a front. The war is global. The war is raging all over the world, and you simply cannot blame the U.S. for that.

Yeah, I do mean Iraq. Their hot under the collar attitude could have been dealt with
entirely in Afghanistan, no reason at all to go into Iraq, the u.s. created an epidemic of
new terrorists by doing that, and brought many terrorists into Iraq, who had never been
there to begin with.
There are many wars raging all over the world, always has been, and probably always will be. If the u.s. had a diplomatic approach to the rest of the world, they would not have
to be the center of many wars at all, if they 'vote' in a new age leader, the u.s. could
gain back respect and be a great leader in the world again, and be of much help to others.
The u.s. have so many problems within their own country, they need to concentrate on
'that' for the next few years, economy, drugs, immigration, gun control, crime, it goes
on and on, and they are spending far too much time and energy in other parts of the
world, interferring and bombing, why don't they bomb some 'drug lords' for a change.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Well, the latest is, from one of the democratic party officials, is that Obama is their
probable nominee, unless he LOSES the race himself, so, what exactly does that mean, to me it
brings back what I am suspicious of, that her army will trump up some bogus scandel
and throw it out there for the public to get horrified about, then they will run from
him and not want anything to do with him, hence she will end up the triumphant one,
as the party will chose her as the one who will 'beat' john mccain.
There is only 3 weeks left, she will win the next two primaries, even obama stated that,
but he can go on to win the rest.
He won't get the total numbers to win, but he will still beat her in numbers.

I just cannot see her conceding to him, and walking away, then supporting him, I am
feeling very nervous right now, wondering what will happen.
I heard her say today that she can get knocked down, but she will get up and fight on, and
never give up.
She still won't win in this round, no matter what happens. She could say that, given this 'new' issue with Obama, and given no one won the race (even though he has more numbers) "we'll have to bring this to the convention for a vote". To me that's the only way she can win, and the way she is speaking it's not out of the question.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
She still won't win in this round, no matter what happens. She could say that, given this 'new' issue with Obama, and given no one won the race (even though he has more numbers) "we'll have to bring this to the convention for a vote". To me that's the only way she can win, and the way she is speaking it's not out of the question.

For the first time since the beginning, obama has more super delegates than clinton, and
in the last 24 hours he has even more, and the democratic party seems to be encouraging
the process to wind down, but she won't do anything of the sort, she is going on till the
early part of june, as she will win west virginia this week, (95% white), blue collar workers, (and they always have loved Bill Clinton), then they will probably split most
of the primaries remaining till June, and she can't overtake him.He is now campaigning
toward John mcCain, and not Clinton, and it seems there will be no more battling
with her, from his side, not sure about her though, maybe she still has the fatal blow
to deliver, I wonder what it is.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Obama is taking on McCain despite what Clinton says

The focus is now shifting over to McCain.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid pushed the same tripartite argument against Mr. McCain that Mr. Obama now increasingly employs....

“He's wrong on the war.
He's wrong on the economy.
He's a clone of George Bush,”

Mr. Reid told ABC.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...ction2008/home
-----------------------------------------------------------------
In a way I'm happy for Obama, but in another way I also worry.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
A Melodrama called "Hillary".

Defeated politicians usually resort to the standard, but somehow always thrilling, four-word acceptance of the reality of the ballot box: “The people have spoken.”
But not Hillary: With her own personal fuzzy calculator that keeps punching up numbers no one else can see, she is pressing on, as she said – sounding as demonic as Captain Queeg in Mutiny on the Bounty – “full speed to the White House.”
In her dreams, say not just the Hillary haters, but even some of her own team. They seem embarrassed by her lack of shame, her refusal to take no, although truly what else is possible from a woman who held her head indomitably high in the face of a philandering president husband, impeachment and details so nauseating most women would have fled the country.

Folks in the spectator seats can't figure out whether it's entitlement or tone deafness that keeps Hillary Clinton going these days. Some even think she's staying in to “muscle” her way onto the ticket as vice-president.
But I think it's the stubborn belief – however much a slim majority of delegates beg to differ – that she truly would make the best president.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl.../lifeMain/home

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Hillary Clinton is closer than the impression the press puts out. Although to be fair to the press, they do report the actual numbers, including Michigan and Florida.

If you include those 2 states, Hillary Clinton is viable still.

This is what happens when you don't utilize the Winner Take All method.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
The other day 'John King' on CNN, did a mathematical calculation, giving Clinton all of the
remaining wins by a fairly large majority, and added michigan and florida, with another
generous majority, and she still loses. She can't win mathematically.
But she can twist the election by inventing a scandel about obama, which would turn
the delegates against obama, and make him look unelectable in the fall. Then the
democrats could decide that she would be a better candidate against McCain. Do you
think she would do that? I do.