Prisoners re-enter society

onika

Apr 28, 2008
Hi everyone, I think that every person has his right to live in a society no matter even if he was a prisoner in his early life. Most of the prisoners are racial or ethnic minorities and have difficulty in re-entering the society as they are faced with poverty and this leads to crime for which they are re-arrested are convicted and re-incarcerated and this adds a burden on the government in respect of tax-payers. What are your views on this?

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Depends on the crime, to be honest. I feel that people who are convicted of crimes against children and/or murderers should not have the right to taste freedom ever again.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
What sort of crime are we talking? Anyone who's been brought up without empathy and who has a total lack of respect for life should be locked away forever if we can't get a death penalty back.

Acts of just survival happen. Face it: Ya gotta eat! Those people generally show remorse. There is hope for them. We all make mistakes - otherwise there would be no need for erasers on pencils.

Woof!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Hi everyone, I think that every person has his right to live in a society no matter even if he was a prisoner in his early life. Most of the prisoners are racial or ethnic minorities and have difficulty in re-entering the society as they are faced with poverty and this leads to crime for which they are re-arrested are convicted and re-incarcerated and this adds a burden on the government in respect of tax-payers. What are your views on this?

Depends entirely on the crime. People who have committed murder will always be under suspicion by some people. Rapists, child molesters, should never be let out. We seem to be able to forgive minor thievery over and over for some reason. Stealing food to eat, or stealing money to buy food is somehow more acceptable than stealing to buy drugs. Some of these people don't understand how the welfare system works. There will alway be a few people who slip through the cracks and there will always be some people brought before the judge to be sent off to jail yet again for the umpteenth time. I don't know if there is an answer.

johai

Time Out
Mar 23, 2008
Canada - Golden Triangle
Depends entirely on the crime. People who have committed murder will always be under suspicion by some people. Rapists, child molesters, should never be let out. We seem to be able to forgive minor thievery over and over for some reason. Stealing food to eat, or stealing money to buy food is somehow more acceptable than stealing to buy drugs. Some of these people don't understand how the welfare system works. There will alway be a few people who slip through the cracks and there will always be some people brought before the judge to be sent off to jail yet again for the umpteenth time. I don't know if there is an answer.

Unfortunately, the revolving door is here to stay unless the penal system is revamped and that will not happen under the present government.

sdfadsuga

Apr 9, 2008
This is a very good issue to discuss about as it is concerned with the human race and deals with the real problems faced in the society.The Second Chance Act is taken in this way and hope that it brings a new dawn for the people. I believe you can also express your views on this on savetheleft which is good place to know your comments on such issues.