PBS breaks ‘media blackout’ of NYT story on Pentagon propaganda.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
PBS breaks ‘media blackout’ of NYT story on Pentagon propaganda.

On Sunday, The New York Times published an explosive report exposing the Pentagon’s secret campaign to use analysts in order to “generate favorable news coverage of the administration’s wartime performance.” Since that time, TV news organizations have largely been silent on their role in the propaganda. Ari Melber notes that last night, PBS’s Newshour finally broke this blackout, but couldn’t convince the other networks to participate:
JUDY WOODRUFF: And for the record, we invited Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC and NBC to participate, but they declined our offer or did not respond.
Watch PBS’s segment here:

hmmmm, who knew.... duh! :roll:

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
I hope all you who read this realize that the only stories you hear from the mainstream US media about actions abroad are those specifically cleared after their censorship. For example KIA, WIA and MIA numbers are all skewed. Battle specifics are all "dolled up" before any release is made. There is only one slant on the story and it is managed at the White House level. I'm sure the reason why no one else joined in this story is plain and simple fear of reprisal. The good guys don't always win.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I hope all you who read this realize that the only stories you hear from the mainstream US media about actions abroad are those specifically cleared after their censorship. For example KIA, WIA and MIA numbers are all skewed. Battle specifics are all "dolled up" before any release is made. There is only one slant on the story and it is managed at the White House level. I'm sure the reason why no one else joined in this story is plain and simple fear of reprisal. The good guys don't always win.

Only the dumb will be shocked by this.