Breaking News: US ship fires at Iranian boats.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
US vessel fires at Iranian boats

A ship contracted by the US Navy has fired warning shots in the direction of two small Iranian boats, according to US military officials.
The incident took place in the Gulf, in international waters several miles from the Iranian coast.
The vessel - the Westward Venture - was working for the US Military Sealift Command under a 65-day charter, an official told the BBC.
It was carrying military cargo to the northern Gulf region.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7367675.stm
-----------------------------------------------------------
In international waters? What is going on?

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Hi, Mikey;
thanks for the link. I read the first few responses as well and found this one so true from the heart:

Tue, 01/08/2008 - 07:13 — Bryan (not verified) You forgot to mention the

You forgot to mention the Spanish-American War. In which case the American gov. sunk its own ship to start a war with Spain, so we could take the Philippines and other various islands from them. I can't say for certain about this being a same scenario with Iran, because I myself have not researched it, but I feel our politicians are corrupt enough to do something like that to start another war. Don't get me wrong I still love my country, however, I question the methods that are used. Not to mention I am sick of being lied to. If we truly wanted to get rid of all our political corruption, then we have to start on a clean slate.....meaning oust ALL persons in Congress, the senate, all judicial, as well basically all the RICH people. We need to put some people with MORALS and COMMON SENSE. Rich people love moving us around like pawns. Its time we rid them out of power positions.
--------------------------------------------------------------
So, if this latest action is just another provocation, that means the US is still actively seeking a confrontation with Iran, doesn't it? I don't think Iran is interested in a fight.
How quick the news makes it sound like the war had just started!!:roll: