Pentegon's hands behind analysts!!!!

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Hi, folks;
this is a very long and detailed account on how the so called "military analysts" are hired by the Bush administration to give their opinions and assessments on issues to do with the war. It is well worth reading the entire article, if you want to know what is really gong on.

I will give you a short paragraph as an example to entice you to keep reading:
As conditions in Iraq deteriorated, Mr. Allard recalled, he saw a yawning gap between what analysts were told in private briefings and what subsequent inquiries and books later revealed.
“Night and day,” Mr. Allard said, “I felt we’d been hosed.”

The Pentagon defended its relationship with military analysts, saying they had been given only factual information about the war. “The intent and purpose of this is nothing other than an earnest attempt to inform the American people,” Bryan Whitman, a Pentagon spokesman, said.
And here two selected readers' comments:
There is really no bottom to the duplicity of the Bush Administration. If there were justice he would go straight from the White House to a prison cell.— Dianne Jackson, Birmingham, AL
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
This campaign of disinformation is very disheartening. Our only hope for a democracy to work is based upon shared access to real and truthful information. The Bush administration has been consistent in its desire to shape the "truth" to support its agenda. I can only hope that Americans can see how dangerous this is to our country and will remove the Republican control of our country in the next election.— Ron Mann, Ph.D., Pacific Palisades
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/20/wa...hp&oref=slogin

Last edited:

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
Hey Loon, its Norm. Every person in that multi segmented building does exactly as they are told. If not they get cashiered out of the military. The planning mistakes made with Iraq and Afghanistan are just like those of the previous miltary fiascos. Somalia was a total failure and the then Sec Def Les Aspin admitted it and retired shortly thereafter. The real scoop is the politicians (not the trained and experienced miltary personnel) are the ones who release the reports and that is why everything is so flawed. Ever since WW II the politicians have been pulling the strings. I was told by a military old timer that the Korean conflict didn't take us by surprise. It was the date (two years before it was supposed to happen according to the Intel group) and we were not prepared for it. If you want to see some convoluted palns ask the Pentagon for them. The leader is a political appointee (Sec Def) and he runs the place with an iron fist.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Same thing happened in Nazi Germany under Hitler -- rosy reports every day until the bottom fell out. But Congress knows the truth and chooses to do nothing. Therefore, in all honesty, Bush cannot be held exclusively accountable for the consequences of these endless lies.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Hey Loon, its Norm. Every person in that multi segmented building does exactly as they are told. If not they get cashiered out of the military. The planning mistakes made with Iraq and Afghanistan are just like those of the previous military fiascoes. Somalia was a total failure and the then Sec Def Les Aspin admitted it and retired shortly thereafter. The real scoop is the politicians (not the trained and experienced military personnel) are the ones who release the reports and that is why everything is so flawed. Ever since WW II the politicians have been pulling the strings. I was told by a military old timer that the Korean conflict didn't take us by surprise. It was the date (two years before it was supposed to happen according to the Intel group) and we were not prepared for it. If you want to see some convoluted plans ask the Pentagon for them. The leader is a political appointee (Sec Def) and he runs the place with an iron fist.
Hi, Norm;
is Rumsfeld a good example for the "iron fist" ? Gates is deeply entrenched in the Washington apparatus.
What do you think of Gen. Petraeus? He seems to be very much in sync with the Bush administration. I wonder how much of his last report was modified for press release?

You mention Somalia and Korea.... I don't know much about either, should read up on it.

I think the politicians are very much influenced by BIG business, actually, as we can see at this time, they are intimately connected with it.

War has become a money-making enterprise!!! I didn't know that until recently. Now with a computer across my lap, I've found out a few things!!:smile: