Democratic Primaries

Milko

Nominee Member
Mar 3, 2008
It sure looks like today's primaries will keep Hillary in the race. I am just wondering, do you think one of the rivals should give up? It really divides the party and it may result in additional term of ultra pro Bush candidate. So should one of them step down to ensure democratic win? Or keep on fighting so War on Terror can be prolonged?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
It sure looks like today's primaries will keep Hillary in the race. I am just wondering, do you think one of the rivals should give up? It really divides the party and it may result in additional term of ultra pro Bush candidate. So should one of them step down to ensure democratic win? Or keep on fighting so War on Terror can be prolonged?​

According to polls, McCain will beat EITHER candidate........

mind you, in politics things change fast.....and polls don't take into consideration who goes and who stays home on election day.....but I think Obama will peak once he gets the nomination, (IF he gets it) and then is faced with the popular McCain........

Hillary is unelectable, IMHO.

Thank God.

McCain should be President.

Charshine

Mar 4, 2008
Vancouver, BC
McCain will be president because no matter what the votes say...the corrupt and evil government in the States will MAKE it happen. John McCain is a war mongering old bastard, and i'm scared to see him in office. You think Bush is bad...just wait.

*sigh*

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
McCain will be president because no matter what the votes say...the corrupt and evil government in the States will MAKE it happen. John McCain is a war mongering old bastard, and i'm scared to see him in office. You think Bush is bad...just wait.

*sigh*

What the Hell are you talking about?

It is an ELECTION, in case you didn't notice......the American PEOPLE will decide who is President (through the Electoral College)

Are you saying the American people are "corrupt and evil".

Strong words...........you should be willing to back them up.

Charshine

Mar 4, 2008
Vancouver, BC
What i'm saying is that no matter who the American people vote for, the government ultimately decides who will win. That's my belief anways. Call me a conspiracy theorist, call me whatever you want, but if you do a simple search on the web, there is plenty of evidence showing just how corrupt their government is.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
What i'm saying is that no matter who the American people vote for, the government ultimately decides who will win. That's my belief anways. Call me a conspiracy theorist, call me whatever you want, but if you do a simple search on the web, there is plenty of evidence showing just how corrupt their government is.

I'm sorry, but I can't connect the dots here...........American gov't is surprizingly UNcorrupt, reklative to the rest of the world.

Your beliefs, unfortunately, have absolutely no basis in fact.

I don't mean to be rough on you, but you are the personification of a trait I see in all too many Canadians......unknowing, unthinking, unreasonable bias against the United States.

It is unattractive in the extreme.

Charshine

Mar 4, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Good thing i wasn't trying to attract you! :smile:

Be rough on me all you want, it's the internet, i can take it! :p

I actually have done a lot of research on this stuff. I have nothing against American citizens, i have nothing against the country, i do have something against the government, and i don't just mean Bush!

There's bad stuff going on there, sir. Scary stuff.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Good thing i wasn't trying to attract you! :smile:

Be rough on me all you want, it's the internet, i can take it! :p

I actually have done a lot of research on this stuff. I have nothing against American citizens, i have nothing against the country, i do have something against the government, and i don't just mean Bush!

There's bad stuff going on there, sir. Scary stuff.

To an extent, I agree.

The American defense of "water-boarding" as NOT torture is idiotic. Their shipment of prisoners to third-world countries for torture is indefensible.

The Patriot Act is a travesty.....

Anyone that can read can see military trials for persons NOT serving in the US military at the time of the offense are simply unconstitutional...... (the Fifth Amendment says so...)

But these things are only slightly worse than the anti-terror legislation in Canada......

But the government is freely elected by the people......the House of Representatives is elected every two years, and is therefore more representative of the American people than any other democratic house in any other country that I know of.........

The President of the USA really has little power..........he can be over-ruled by the House with a simple 2/3 vote.......

What YOU consider scary and what I consider scary may well be two VERY different things......what exactly are you talking about?

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

*sigh*

You are absolutely right, but don't fear. The democrats are coming out in huge record
numbers, when the general election comes around that will count.

Many of the republicans don't even like McCain, and it shows as their numbers are low,
and it wasn't just because their verdict was in, the numbers were low from the beginning,
as many of the republicans aren't particulary interested in their party, especially with
McCain at the helm.

All he knows is soldiering and war, it is at the forefront of his speeches almost all the time, and he will try to win the general election on that subject. He 'is' a war mongering
old bastard, and too old to change, or revise his thinking to fit todays mood in the
u.s. No one 72 years old should be elected president of the united states, give it up
to others, Huckeby was a much better candidate, but I'm afraid even he was 'too' religious to run the country, he stated that the constitution should be changed to have more of god's laws in it. that is so pitiful.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
You are absolutely right, but don't fear. The democrats are coming out in huge record
numbers, when the general election comes around that will count.

Many of the republicans don't even like McCain, and it shows as their numbers are low,
and it wasn't just because their verdict was in, the numbers were low from the beginning,
as many of the republicans aren't particulary interested in their party, especially with
McCain at the helm.

All he knows is soldiering and war, it is at the forefront of his speeches almost all the time, and he will try to win the general election on that subject. He 'is' a war mongering
old bastard, and too old to change, or revise his thinking to fit todays mood in the
u.s. No one 72 years old should be elected president of the united states, give it up
to others, Huckeby was a much better candidate, but I'm afraid even he was 'too' religious to run the country, he stated that the constitution should be changed to have more of god's laws in it. that is so pitiful.

Your post is entirely nonsense.

In the first sentence, you tell Charshine she's absolutely right, in the second you refute the entire essence of her post..............HUH?

She is arguing that the USA is not a democracy, that the Democrats can't win............you may be right about the turnout for Obama (if he wins the nomination).....but that would be a bad thing for Canada......and perhaps the world.

The west is in decline.

We need someone as leader of the most powerful nation on earth that believes in western institutions and principles, that has some backbone, and thaty will, when necessary, carry the fight to our enemies.

McCain is that man.

Besides protectionism (VERY bad for Canada) I don't know WHAT Oobama believes in......
I know he talked about attacking Taliban and Al-Queda bases in Pakistan....I almost liked him for a minute...... :) but a platform? Not really

ALL hat NO cattle, as they say in the west.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Your post is entirely nonsense.

In the first sentence, you tell Charshine she's absolutely right, in the second you refute the entire essence of her post..............HUH?
She's absolutely right, he is a 72 year old warmonger bastard

She is arguing that the USA is not a democracy, that the Democrats can't win............you may be right about the turnout for Obama (if he wins the nomination).....but that would be a bad thing for Canada......and perhaps the world.
That is only your republican opinion, it's a free world, to think what you want.

We need someone as leader of the most powerful nation on earth that believes in western institutions and principles, that has some backbone, and thaty will, when necessary, carry the fight to our enemies.
Yeah, you belong on the side of McCain, I don't like that attitude, and don't agree with it, it takes more than
threats and muscle flexing to be a leader.

Besides protectionism (VERY bad for Canada) I don't know WHAT Oobama believes in......
I know he talked about attacking Taliban and Al-Queda bases in Pakistan....I almost liked him for a minute...... :) but a platform? Not really
You almost like him when he talked about attacking someone? Hilarious.

ALL hat NO cattle, as they say in the west

Glib little texan expression, means nothing in the real world.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
First of all, before you call someone of McCain's caliber a "bastard", perhaps you should review his history..........and what have you sacrificed for your country, your friends, your society? Dick all, I bet.

Secondly, I am a proud Canadian and a supporter of the monarchy, to call me a "republican" is simply ridiculous.

Neville Chamberlain didn't like muscle-flexing war mongers either...........read a little history to see how huge an idiot he was...........leadership of any nation should not be left to those incapable of defending that nation.

(sigh) ALL HAT NO CATTLE refers to people pretending to be cowboys..........they have the flash and the big hat, but none of the things that REALLY make them cowboys......much like Obama.........he talks nice, has lots of charisma, lots of flash......but he is all over the place.....what are his policies, the planks of his platform? The cattle so to speak? Where's the beef?

Anything else you'd like explained?

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Colpy you know why I like you? Well for many reasons, but first and foremost, you are a TRUE conservative (notice lower case c). You're not an extremist and you hold civil rights dear to you and aren't willing to give them up under any circumstances.

You're reasonable at conversation, rational and critical in your thoughts.

COLPY FOR PRESIDENT!

:smile:

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Oh yeah. Hillary isn't unelectable, just much harder to win.

People are fed up with Republicans. Bush has a 28% approval rate. He's sunk the party so low it will take 4 terms to get back on track.

Dems for the next 16 years.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
But we all know what the reasons will be if the GOP wins...

It will be a fix, a fraud, a stolen election, etc.

And if the Dems win...

All legitimate, the people will have spoken.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I hope McCain wins. The destruction of America will be accellarated and I can buy cheap assets from starving Americans, maybe even have me some American slaves, if I can find any intelligent enough to wash my truck without scratching it. Ya McCains my man, I couldn't have invented a worse president to run a country totally on the rocks in the shortest possible time. Americas not really a country anyway, it's just a loose association of private property with no guts or brains and when the money runs out they got nothing left but starving cheezburger junkies and rabid born- agains. I hope it's on TV talk about reality programming eh. Bang bang ka-boom rat-tat-tat-tat swoosh ka-boom oh boy action telly. And nobodys going to miss them.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I hope McCain wins. The destruction of America will be accellarated and I can buy cheap assets from starving Americans, maybe even have me some American slaves, if I can find any intelligent enough to wash my truck without scratching it. Ya McCains my man, I couldn't have invented a worse president to run a country totally on the rocks in the shortest possible time. Americas not really a country anyway, it's just a loose association of private property with no guts or brains and when the money runs out they got nothing left but starving cheezburger junkies and rabid born- agains. I hope it's on TV talk about reality programming eh. Bang bang ka-boom rat-tat-tat-tat swoosh ka-boom oh boy action telly. And nobodys going to miss them.

Spoken like a true capitalist Beave! Pick up those cheap assets while they're ripe.