Women running for office

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Man I'm getting tired of hearing the gender biased phrases like 'hearing her PMS' when it comes to a woman running for political office. Do people think that sort of thing makes them sound clever? What are some of the other gender loaded comments you've heard floating around out there, predominantly about 'Shrillary'? What are your views on such slanting?

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Karrie

Never met a woman who didn't like a good cat-fight....

I'd write my MP if I were you and demand that she do something about this outlandish state of affairs....

Shuck off those aprons and tell that hubby NO...... get out of that kitchen and send a bouquet of flowers to Peter McKay.... or Belinda.... ..it's lonely at the top...

:)

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
No place for it... much like a guy and a beard being untrustworthy, or anger issues, or being a war monger...... well I suppose all that could be related to females too (There are bearded women) :p

But yeah those comments are usually from those men who are afraid of the woman's equality in society, esspecially when it comes to leading the country. It's their own sterio-typical mentalities which are going the way of the Do-do. I wouldn't pay much attention to it.... as the more attention you give these wads, the more and longer they'll do it.

Society needs to mould these people into accepting that things change, much like how tollerance for homosexuals has gotten better over the years, as well as interracial marriages and relationships.

Just one more challenge imo.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
It's nice to hear that not all men view it is as 'fine' to talk that way. I appreciate your input guys.