Accomplishments of George W Bush

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
OK, we have enough GWB and US bashing threads. Lets start one that looks at something positive.

In 2003 GWB started an Emergency Plan for AIDS. Whether or not it met it's effectiveness targets he didn't give up on it. It doesn't make headlines but it's real.

http://www.pepfar.gov/press/88878.htm

What other programs/initiatives do you feel his admin has been successful with?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Kreskin, that thread title depends entirely on perspective . Do you want positive or negative accomplishments? The destruction of Iraq is considered a great accomplishment in some circles.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Kreskin, that thread title depends entirely on perspective . Do you want positive or negative accomplishments? And how can you tell the difference.Even the positive will be positive only because they could have been more negative. The destruction of Iraq is considered a great accomplishment in some circles.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Kreskin, that thread title depends entirely on perspective . Do you want positive or negative accomplishments? The destruction of Iraq is considered a great accomplishment in some circles.

Perspective is correct. The board is full anti-US rants. Lets get real and talk about something positive. The world isn't entirely made up of conspiracy theories and evil intentions. Can we look at something on the bright-side for a change?

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Sorry, I won't and can't say anything positive about the worst president in history in one GWB.

This man should be hated by libs and cons alike.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Sorry, I won't and can't say anything positive about the worst president in history in one GWB.

This man should be hated by libs and cons alike.
Like him or not, it's equally nauseating to read every hairbrained anti-US conspiracy theory over and over.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
OK, we have enough GWB and US bashing threads. Lets start one that looks at something positive.

In 2003 GWB started an Emergency Plan for AIDS. Whether or not it met it's effectiveness targets he didn't give up on it. It doesn't make headlines but it's real.

http://www.pepfar.gov/press/88878.htm

What other programs/initiatives do you feel his admin has been successful with?

For all the commercialization and benevolent hype about african aids over the last twenty years absolutely nothing has been accomplished. See the seris of Massey Lecters by Stephen Lewis, he makes his frustration with benevolent propaganda clear he also makes his frustration as UN ambasader for aids perfectly clear. The only positive aspect in the battle against aids, is the article itself, the Bush administration refuses to distribute condoms or to aid those who do, the offered help is the good book and the virtues of abstenence, which of course cost little and sound like the benevolent love of god and christian charity. It is in fact a shallow destructive callous propaganda exercise. Which have resulted in the continued agony of aids inflicted on Africa by very suspicious means.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Like him or not, it's equally nauseating to read every hairbrained anti-US conspiracy theory over and over.

I'm not big believer in conspiracies...ie Oswald shot Kennedy and Bush had nothing to do with 9/11 other than his failure to take threats seriously.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
For all the commercialization and benevolent hype about african aids over the last twenty years absolutely nothing has been accomplished. See the seris of Massey Lecters by Stephen Lewis, he makes his frustration with benevolent propaganda clear he also makes his frustration as UN ambasader for aids perfectly clear. The only positive aspect in the battle against aids, is the article itself, the Bush administration refuses to distribute condoms or to aid those who do, the offered help is the good book and the virtues of abstenence, which of course cost little and sound like the benevolent love of god and christian charity. It is in fact a shallow destructive callous propaganda exercise. Which have resulted in the continued agony of aids inflicted on Africa by very suspicious means.
I read somewhere that in 2005 some 230,000 Africans had been treated through that program. That news didn't get into the Guardian or Mirror though. Big surprise. When the readership is 100% anti-everything they have to feed the kitty.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

Then refute them with argument, refute them with facts, show us the error of our ways, if you believe in something you should be able to defend that something. Your characterization of dissenters and anti-war or anti-capitalists is of course hairbrained. Is it not? Especially if you will not engage in posting in support of your position. But you will label and discount and belittle. I'll say ti one more time, conspiracy is not a theory, most especially in todays capitalist nightmare.
respectfully yours DB

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Then refute them with argument, refute them with facts, show us the error of our ways, if you believe in something you should be able to defend that something. Your characterization of dissenters and anti-war or anti-capitalists is of course hairbrained. Is it not? Especially if you will not engage in posting in support of your position. But you will label and discount and belittle. I'll say ti one more time, conspiracy is not a theory, most especially in todays capitalist nightmare.
respectfully yours DB
I'm not a fan of his, and I don't mind giving the odd kick too, but the continual armchair communist manifesto is simply ridiculous.

I just gave an example btw.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
respectfully yours DB

Don't worry Kreskin, beaver is on one of his anti-democracy and anti-entrepreneur rants.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
I read somewhere that in 2005 some 230,000 Africans had been treated through that program. That news didn't get into the Guardian or Mirror though. Big surprise. When the readership is 100% anti-everything they have to feed the kitty.

230,000 would be the tip of the proverbial ice-berg, as I said virtually nothing has been done, the experts in the field including Stephen Lewis will tell you that aids remains a chronic plague of the modern age that capitalism refuses to treat because it cannot make money on the backs of those it's already reduced to starvation, read about big-pharmas efforts to kepp the desperately needed medications from those who need them the most, and what you see is in reality corporate murder
to preserve market control facilitated by insturments like christian NGOs and the IMF and most notoriously USAID which aids in the end only the capitalist.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
I'm not a fan of his, and I don't mind giving the odd kick too, but the continual armchair communist manifesto is simply ridiculous.

I just gave an example btw.

It is an example but it characterizes who? You would have no such inclination to be criticle with the destructive nature of capital though, which you cannot possibly know much about because you are a good person and a good person would not defend institutionalized murder would he? And yet in a very perverse way we in the western world always have. The bashing of Bush and what he stands for will not lesson Kreskin, you will see in the coming months fear, hunger, and abuse of the public by police and para-military arms of the bankers. Are we to not bitch about it. Wait till the effects of an economy in collapse affect you if you will but I'll reserve the right to mouth off while I still have that right because I sure as hell won't be permitted to do it after the fact.

dirtylinder

get dirty
Apr 24, 2007
vancouver island
you will see in the coming months fear, hunger, and abuse of the public by police and para-military arms of the bankers. Are we to not bitch about it. Wait till the effects of an economy in collapse affect you if you will but I'll reserve the right to mouth off while I still have that right because I sure as hell won't be permitted to do it after the fact.
I have done tons of reading, and listened to people who are well travelled and informed and I agree things will be changing to form the controlled world that the powers that be desire. Watch and read Naomi Wolf, she knows! Also watch this : www.zeitgeistmovie.com it will get you thinking!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
It never ceases to amaze me that someone is always predicting the end of civilization as we know it. Let me know when the fear, hunger and para-military abuse begins over the next couple of months so I can move deep into the wilderness.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
respectfully yours DB

The thing is, people do, constantly, refute the points you make. You then claim they "just don't understand" are "stupid" or "lack critical thought" , and then just go back to making the same claims they just refuted.

You have a view point, that is super, everyone does. But you flood every discussion thread with it, which would be tolerable, except you don't discuss it. You just state your opinion and spam the thread , insulting everyone who disagrees with you and ignoring all the evidence contrary to your beliefs.

You can't discuss something with someone who just plugs their ears and repeats their mantra, Kreskin very clearly spelled out this is a positive thread and the first thing you did was just go back to ranting like a raving loon.