Bush approval rating drops to 24%

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Yesiree Bob. Not only that, Congress gets a whopping 11%. Outstanding.

And, George and his handlers tried to scare us again today by saying a nuclear Iran means WWIII.

"The national telephone survey of 991 likely voters, conducted October 10 through October 14, found barely one-quarter of Americans, or 26 percent, believe the country is headed in the right direction."

http://www.reuters.com/article/topN...?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&rpc=22&sp=true

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
W can not seek re-election so the poll is meaningless.

Well actually, it means that 991 people were likely cold-called and had their dinners interrupted. :lol:

I'd be a little cranky too.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Those poor Americans, who can they turn to? Similar to our situation, at least for me...

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
W can not seek re-election so the poll is meaningless.

That was my first thought too. 'People unhappy with the guy on his way out the door...' Aside from gloating, does it serve a purpose to conduct such a poll?

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
The wealth amassed by both Bush and Cheny makes the Clinton haul look trivial. He is arrogant and ignorant and that does not bode well for the nation he leads. The whole basis for the branch of the Republican party he identifies with use fear as their tool to lead. First they find a new boogey man and then they just keep repeating this fact over and over again in new releases with the hope some will eventually believe there is some thing out there to be afraid of. When the histroy books are written this will be noted as the second most failed presidency in the histiory of this nation. This whole administrative process is on a slippery slope and I hope they make for the full term before they slide off completely

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Cheney is a very scary powerful individual. Been around since god was a boy.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
I didn't think he could get any lower.

Nice to see that the "most ethical congress evah" has their ratings in the crapper too.

So much for all that mandate from the people talk...

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Straitjacket Bush!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a call to stop the Bush problem:

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion...749742.column?coll=la-util-opinion-commentary

... the administration's interrogation and detention tactics have inflamed anti-Americanism and fueled extremist movements around the globe. Sane people, confronting such a situation, do their best to tamp down tensions, rebuild shattered alliances, find common ground with hostile parties and give our military a little breathing space. But crazy people? They look around and decide it's a great time to start another war.

On Tuesday, Bush insisted on the need "to defend Europe against the emerging Iranian threat."

Huh? Iran is now a major threat to Europe? The Iranians are going to launch a nuclear missile (that they don't yet possess) against Europe (for reasons unknown because, as far as we know, they're not mad at anyone in Europe)? This is lunacy in action.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Ouch!

That's lower than Carter.

Except Carter is a pretty decent guy with his nobel prize and building homes for those without one.

Why, here he is giving one of those families a bible as they move in.

I'm sure we will see old W do that when he retires from ruining the planet.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
and what country is it that is the only one in the world to hae actually used nukes? But that's different right? No worries frm that quarter.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
You know what I've found? When a guy in a mask carrying a knife comes straight at you in a dark alley, there's a better than even chance you're about to be robbed.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
If anyone can help me to locate my misunderstanding in the following de-construction please do so....

A significant number of Americans believe/feel that George Bush was NOT elected by the people legitimately and there have been many comments about the election process, Florida vote-count, Supreme Court intervention in the election process.....

AFTER the fact (of course) it turns out that Colin Powel, Donald Rumsfeld, Dick Chaney, George Bush, Paul Wolfowitz, Richard Perle and assorted others lied, exaggerated, misled and dragged the United States into an invasion of Iraq based on faulty, factually wrong and greatly inflated "evidence". The Congress of the United States sat by and did absolutely nothing to rein-in this fascist ole-boys-club and instead became aware over the past eight years that money was and is being diverted from programs and policies that would have greatly reduced the damage done in Louisiana, would have begun a correction of failing and failed infrastructure across the United States and continued to send billions to Israel despite the fact that America has long held that non-compliance with the stated ethos of the United Nations and American foreign policy when it comes to terrorism and "self-defense"....

"No Child Left Behind" is a monsterous lie that has resulted in (according to CNN commentary last night) "dropout factories" where instead of enriching and enhancing education in America, the quality and "success" of education in America has decreased.....

A nation that is and has been the wealthiest and most powerful in the world for decades has elected (at the behest and machinations of George Bush et al. to turn its collective back on the poor and nearly fifty million Americans have no health coverage.....

After denying and funding smear and disinformation campaigns regarding global warming to appease the industrial power-broker greed structure of American corporatism this administration now appears to accept the reality of "climate change" /"global warming" as involving human industrial foolhardiness while pumping billions of tons of pollution into the air and water of Americans and the world....

In an effort to impose its military will on Canada and a great many other nations in the world through calling for a "missile defense shield" that has been proven to be inadequate and cost enormous amounts of money while dividing and setting up divisive elements within many governments, it turns out that the United States under George Bush would do exactly the same thing that the world nearly went to war over when Russia tried the same thing in Cuba....

The list goes on much longer but everyone knows that....

Well 24% have that inkling...but nearly 75% of Americans tacitly agree to this administrations actions and behavior....

Instead of letting this lunatic out of office scott-free, Americans should be calling for criminal charges against George Bush and many others....

You can trust Americans if you wish, I think the evidence is clear....