Well...Obama's Done, least with lunatic left fringe

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
and possibly everyone else too...once this gets out...

In a strikingly bold speech about terrorism scheduled for this morning, Democratic presidential candidate Illinois Sen. Barack Obama will call not only for a withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq, but a redeployment of troops into Afghanistan and even Pakistan — with or without the permission of Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3434573&page=1

Nothing is as funny as an anti-war dem trying to sound tough about terrorism.

What a great idea...let's invade another mountainous Islamic country..that we know for a FACT has nukes.:roll:

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
I'd have to agree thats a stupid plan.

Violating the territory of a nuclear power, regardless of how noble your goals, is just dumb unless you got one helluva plan.

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
Nope guys.... it's the thing to do.....We gotta get a hold on that region and what it creates....Crush the medievil fundamentalist and bring the new world in a big way to that region....we need to blanket bomb the place with western culture and corruption and shift the ideology from religion to hot dog eating contest. the whole nine yards....Have a rotton ronnies on every block giving out free gameboy points.lets occupy them with trying to eat their way to freedom and a gameboy..Have em all trying to assemble toys under a Koran Tree....

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The US will never invade Pakistan - not whilst it's a member of the Commonwealth.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
btw, I don't see how having a bunch of nukes pointed at India would be much of a factor but it'll be interesting to see what the guy has to say.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I do believe if and when the u.s. ever do invade Pakistan, it will be in conjunction with Musharif, and
not inspite of him. He has problems of his own inside of Pakistan. And, also, the invasion would only
be in the western edge, where the taliban problem exists.
If this is a joint venture, it could have some success. The taliban is having the best of both worlds,
as they can come into Afghanistan and do their dirty deeds, then run back over the border for
protection in that 'lawless' area of Pakistan, so something needs to happen to disturb their comfort
zone.
Obama would never behave in the same way as George Bush has, as there are billions more brain cells
between his ears than Bush's.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
I keep saying that's gonna come in handy when it comes to the arctic but nobody believes me.

Hell I do! Though I am not too sure exactly what that will do for us. A coupon book for dollars off on used Sub purchases perhaps?

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Yah, well, whatever.

UNF: THAT'S A GODDAM NEAT DOG. ZAT YERS???

Thread hijak...................everyone down on the floor:angry3:

8O8O:lol::lol:

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Hell I do! Though I am not too sure exactly what that will do for us. A coupon book for dollars off on used Sub purchases perhaps?

The British have Acts of the Queen to defend. 1648. maybe 15. something like that.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
btw, I don't see how having a bunch of nukes pointed at India would be much of a factor but it'll be interesting to see what the guy has to say.

The problem is those nukes can be pointed and used as field weapons in a pinch. While not that terribley efficient, the USA is a superpower who fields cries of "hopeless" and "unwinnable' from the homefront when it loses a couple thousand people over a five year period occupying 2 nations.

Losing 2,000 people in a few hours, even if you win the war in days, will be seen as a loss.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Yah, well, whatever.

UNF: THAT'S A GODDAM NEAT DOG. ZAT YERS???

Thread hijak...................everyone down on the floor:angry3:

8O8O:lol::lol:

Yep ain't he purdy! Plus he smells as good as he looks.
Like having a pig with out the stigma. heh heh heh

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
maybe he's trying to get some votes or endorsements from the radical right wing fringe ... anyways, he's not making any sense to anyone

or so it appears ...

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
This plan is better than the one to remove troops from of Afghanistan and deploy them in Iraq which had asbsolutly nothing at all to do with 9/11. At least Obama knows where the trouble actually is.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Obama and most other people don't understand that under Pakistan's constitution the Pakistan government is not supposed to send troops there.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Is The US Preparing [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To Attack Pakistan?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]By Eric Margolis[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]26 July, 2007[/FONT]

...[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The tribal agency’s Pashtun reluctantly joined newly-created Pakistan in 1947 under express constitutional guarantee of total autonomy and a ban on Pakistani troops ever entering there. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]But under intense US pressure, President Pervez Musharraf violated Pakistan’s constitution by sending 80,000 federal troops to fight the region’s tribes, killing 3,000 of them. In best British imperial tradition, Washington pays Musharraf $100 million monthly to rent his sepoys (native soldiers) to fight Pashtun tribesmen...[/FONT]

http://www.countercurrents.org/margolis260707.htm

Musharraf's pro-American dictatorship is hanging by a thread. He tried to remove a supreme court justice for criticizing his rule. Now the judges are freeing anti-Musharraf political prisoners:

Pakistan Opposition Leader Freed

By ZIA KHAN
The Associated Press
Saturday, August 4, 2007; 2:15 PM

LAHORE, Pakistan -- One of Pakistan's most outspoken opposition leaders emerged from prison to a cheering crowd Saturday and vowed to press his campaign against President Gen. Pervez Musharraf, who is already struggling with rising dissent and militant violence.
Attacks and clashes killed 23 people in the northern tribal regions, where pro-Taliban militants have been waging a campaign against Musharraf's administration, a key U.S. ally in the fight against terrorism....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/04/AR2007080400771.html

An attack on Pakistan would probably plunge that country into civil war.

Obama's statements might have been for domestic consumption, but Pakistanis can read the news too.

A better approach would be to try to contain this region and send emissaries to negotiate a compromise/understanding with this area's tribal leaders. Under their customs they are obliged to protect their guests but they are not obligated to help them fight the US. No they don't like the US, but I'm sure they also want to avoid trouble with the US.

Last edited: