'Bomb, bomb, bomb' Iran, US senator sings

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
WASHINGTON (AFP) - Republican US presidential contender John McCain turned to popular music to illuminate the debate on the Middle East, singing at the suggestion that the United States "bomb, bomb, bomb" Iran.

"That old Beach Boys song, 'Bomb Iran'?" McCain said in response to a question about US policy on its diplomatic pariah at an electoral campaign meeting in the state of North Carolina.

His questioner had struck an anti-Iran tone, asking him when the United States was going to "send an air mail message to Tehran," drawing cheers from the crowd.

McCain then briefly sang "Bomb, bomb, bomb" -- an adapted snippet of the rock 'n' roll band's refrain "Ba-ba-ba, Ba-Barbara Ann" -- winning laughter from the audience.

The performance was filmed and posted by users on the video-sharing website YouTube. One posting presented an edited version of the clip, with added photographs of children suffering from injuries cause by violence in Iraq.

"Iran is dedicated to the destruction of Israel," McCain went on in a serious tone, however.

"That alone should concern us, but now they are trying for nuclear capabilities. I totally support the president (George W. Bush) when he says we will not allow Iran to destroy Israel."

McCain is the Republican candidate most supportive of the war in Iraq, though he has harshly criticized President George W. Bush's handling of it.

He has long been seen as a likely favorite on the Republican side for the 2008 US presidential race, but recently has scrambled to overhaul his campaign strategy as he lags behind in fundraising and in the polls.

McCain's campaign spokesman Kevin McLaughlin told ABC news that the senator "was just trying to add a little humor to the event."

Copyright © 2007 Agence France Presse.

daddyholland

Apr 19, 2007
I am probably the least knowledgeable of world affairs but it seems to me there is a reccuring theme here. First its Afghanastan and then Iraq. Now its Iran.....i've also heard rumours of Afrca aswell.
Im going to throw out a comparison.....this whole war on terrorism reeks with similarities to World War 2 and Hitlers regime. The key theme being, POWER.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
In John McCain's own words, everyone needs to "Get A life". The bomb Iran parody on that song started around 1979-80 with the hostage crisis. Its nothing new or news-worthy.
But, hey what do I know, I'm obviously too simple minded to see that we are going to invade Iran any day now.:roll:

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
It's "funny" (to folks with that kind of sense of humour, I suppose) when idiots sing it in drunken stupors, but when the "most centre republican" or whatever sings it and calls it "levity", that's just F-ing twisted

Like eenie meenie miney moe, catch a N$$$$$R by the toe- that was a "funny" little tune from the past too, maybe if Mccain had sung that it would be a little more clear exactly what he was suggesting

The notion that bombing a country back to the stone-age could be funny to anyone is firghtening

I suggest he could have sung something more appropriate, like "Armageddon" by Prism, or maybe some Megadeth- "Peace Sells" or "Symphony of Destruction"

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
It's "funny" (to folks with that kind of sense of humour, I suppose) when idiots sing it in drunken stupors, but when the "most centre republican" or whatever sings it and calls it "levity", that's just F-ing twisted

Like eenie meenie miney moe, catch a N$$$$$R by the toe- that was a "funny" little tune from the past too, maybe if Mccain had sung that it would be a little more clear exactly what he was suggesting

The notion that bombing a country back to the stone-age could be funny to anyone is firghtening

I suggest he could have sung something more appropriate, like "Armageddon" by Prism, or maybe some Megadeth- "Peace Sells" or "Symphony of Destruction"

John McCain is the same guy who suggested that after the invasion, and after the sanctions and bombing had killed a million Iraqis, it must be Iran who is causing the chaos. What is causing the chaos is the full-fledged civil war that everyone warned the Americans would happen in the power vacuum that would result from overthrow of Saddam.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I am probably the least knowledgeable of world affairs but it seems to me there is a reccuring theme here. First its Afghanastan and then Iraq. Now its Iran.....i've also heard rumours of Afrca aswell.
Im going to throw out a comparison.....this whole war on terrorism reeks with similarities to World War 2 and Hitlers regime. The key theme being, POWER.
Definitley Africa... the whole continent. Then Venezuela.

Then maybe Canada... haven't you heard those rumors?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
He sure had the dance moves going. He's a natural on the entertainment stage. The range in his voice..wow! The room was rockin.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
I'm surprised the effort at levity made the networks but everyone seems to have a camera on them anymore. I was browsing YouTube this morning and they even had a couple of takes on Simon Cowell rolling his eyes at a contestant's remark on Virginia Tech. I'm sure if he rubbed his nose the wrong way that would be on too. Why has this society become so nitwittily voyeuristic?

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
WASHINGTON (AFP) - Republican US presidential contender John McCain turned to popular music to illuminate the debate on the Middle East, singing at the suggestion that the United States "bomb, bomb, bomb" Iran.

"That old Beach Boys song, 'Bomb Iran'?" McCain said in response to a question about US policy on its diplomatic pariah at an electoral campaign meeting in the state of North Carolina.

What can you expect from barbarian??

A nobel price?

something that will make the world better?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
What can you expect from barbarian??

A nobel price?

something that will make the world better?

It is hilarious to hear something as insignificant as you try to insult a man of the calibre of John McCain. Do you actually know anything about Mr. McCain?
John McCain was a pilot, shot down over North Vietnam. He endured years of torture at the hands of the North Vietnamese because he refused to play their propaganda games and accept early release, offered because his father was an Admiral. This is a man, one who not only talks the talk, but walks the walk.
McCain was also at the forefront of the Congressional effort to confront and eliminate American use of torture by proxy, in secret prisons, or in their own holding facilities. Barbarian? I don't think so.
Logic, you are a nasty little piece of work, unfit to polish McCain's boots.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
It is hilarious to hear something as insignificant as you try to insult a man of the calibre of John McCain. Do you actually know anything about Mr. McCain?
John McCain was a pilot, shot down over North Vietnam. He endured years of torture at the hands of the North Vietnamese because he refused to play their propaganda games and accept early release, offered because his father was an Admiral. This is a man, one who not only talks the talk, but walks the walk.
McCain was also at the forefront of the Congressional effort to confront and eliminate American use of torture by proxy, in secret prisons, or in their own holding facilities. Barbarian? I don't think so.
Logic, you are a nasty little piece of work, unfit to polish McCain's boots.

John McCain wasnt only a pilot,but also an idiot, hasnt he learned something from iraq war or from the vietnam war??i don't care where he went, or not, he is a barbarian at the highest level to say such thing, this is a direct quote from him, when you guys are screaming when apperently withouth direct quote, that iran wanted to wipe israel off the map, pathetic how you guys are hypocryte, but that doesnt surprise me, coming from you , i can expect all kinds of stupidity.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
John McCain wasnt only a pilot,but also an idiot, hasnt he learned something from iraq war or from the vietnam war??i don't care where he went, or not, he is a barbarian at the highest level to say such thing, this is a direct quote from him, when you guys are screaming when apperently withouth direct quote, that iran wanted to wipe israel off the map, pathetic how you guys are hypocryte, but that doesnt surprise me, coming from you , i can expect all kinds of stupidity.

So tell me, oh judgemental one, what have you sacrificed in the name of your so-called principles? I mean besides the time you've spent being an obnoxious little insect on these threads.

Spend 5 or 6 years in captivity under torture because you believe the readily-available release is WRONG, then you will be fit to criticize McCain's moral fibre.

Until then, you passing judgement on this man is simply laughable.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
...Spend 5 or 6 years in captivity under torture because you believe the readily-available release is WRONG, then you will be fit to criticize McCain's moral fibre...
Aside from a junkie or two out of the Deer Hunter movie that put him pretty well above reproach. Must be nice.