Immigration: O'Reilly vs. Geraldo Rivera (SHOUT MATCH)

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I watched the arguement (shouting match), and I fully agreed with Geraldo, and as usual I think O'Reiley is a big bag of wind.

The issue they discussed is important, and I don't wan't to take away from that, as 'drunk' driving is
a serious problem everywhere, and I think much more should be done about it, and I agree with Geraldo that the emphasis should be put on 'drunk' driving and not just because it was an illegal
who was guilty of the crime of killing the girls while driving drunk. If the guilty party had not been an illegal, O'Reiley would not have bought it up at all.

But all in all, I think the shouting match was 'staged', and they knew they were going to do it, and
when it was over, they shut it down immediately, and all was normal again.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
But that person had no right to be in the United States. They were in that national illegally!!!

That DOES matter.

If they had be deported back to Mexico, this tragic event would have never happen.

Bill is saying, the governments uphold immigration laws, or reform them.

And they choose to keep the current immigration laws, and not uphold them.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Bill's just reporting the news unbiased like a good non-liberal media type.

Had to laugh how they got out of that.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
I watched the arguement (shouting match), and I fully agreed with Geraldo, and as usual I think O'Reiley is a big bag of wind.

The issue they discussed is important, and I don't wan't to take away from that, as 'drunk' driving is
a serious problem everywhere, and I think much more should be done about it, and I agree with Geraldo that the emphasis should be put on 'drunk' driving and not just because it was an illegal
who was guilty of the crime of killing the girls while driving drunk. If the guilty party had not been an illegal, O'Reiley would not have bought it up at all.

But all in all, I think the shouting match was 'staged', and they knew they were going to do it, and
when it was over, they shut it down immediately, and all was normal again.

Why is it you believe people have a right to come to a country illegally?

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Thats my problem.

How do we sympathize with people who come to our country illegally, break in.

Their is basic treatment for all human beings.

But this incident did matter, if immigration laws were enforced those 2 girls would be alive today.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
But this incident did matter, if immigration laws were enforced those 2 girls would be alive today.

Your going a bit far here. That is like saying if eugenics laws were enforced the two girls would still be alive. There is not really a direct cause and effect.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006

But isn't it indicative of the way things are. Find the exception and make it the lead story. If it was Phil McCracken, the illegal from Ireland, it wouldn't even make the obituaries let alone Bill's show.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
The man had been arested previously and never deported.

When the gov. realized he was there illegally, THE FIRST TIME, he should have been deported back to Mexico.

They did not do that.

So yes if immigration laws were enforced those 2 girls would be alive.

But isn't it indicative of the way things are. Find the exception and make it the lead story. If it was Phil McCracken, the illegal from Ireland, it wouldn't even make the obituaries let alone Bill's show.

Bill O'Reilly's family imigrated to the USA legally. LEGALLY.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The man had been arested previously and never deported.

When the gov. realized he was there illegally, THE FIRST TIME, he should have been deported back to Mexico.

They did not do that.

So yes if immigration laws were enforced those 2 girls would be alive.

Bill O'Reilly's family imigrated to the USA legally. LEGALLY.
But it's still the exception that gets all the attention because it's politically expedient and makes for good tv. The issue doesn't hit the radar screen in the lives of average people but it gets more attention. What do you think the odds are of you getting killed by a drunk illegal? Aren't there more relevant issues to be addressed? It seems the rednecks make a mountain out of issues that aren't relevant to most people. Forget cancer, heart disease and all those PC issues that effect most families just banter about fringe nonsense.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

You really missed the point didn't you!!!! The illegal alein problem is one subject, drunk driving is
another subject. People are killed in Virginia periodically by drunk drivers, I have never heard
Bill O'Reily mention it before, but when an illegal did it, he spouted and hollered like crazy, that
just shows me he doesn't really care about drunk driving deaths, he just wants to bring it out cause
it is an illegal who did it. It is all for 'his' popularity and ego and attention getting.
Of course if the illegal hadn't been there it wouldn't have happened, but none of the drunk driver
deaths would have happened if the drunk driver had have been somewhere else, either legally or
illegally, the person was still killed.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Its still an issue.

Immigrants come in this the USA and commit crimes.

And we are all slowly dieing.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NM7hoauFLDU&mode=related&search=

Watch the first part it sets up the situation behind this.

3 prior arrests for alcohol related legalities, and 1 arrest for identity theft, no conviction, no deportation.

What happens?

2 girls wind up dead, because of this sanctuary city.
No doubt it wasn't a good situation. They should've perhaps done something else in hindsight. So now what. Round every illegal up and throw them in jail to prevent the next exceptional circumstance? Why not throw every sex offender in prison indefinitely at first glimpse of any wrongdoing of any kind. That would also stop the exceptions. Where would Bill fit in on that?

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Thats my problem.

How do we sympathize with people who come to our country illegally, break in.

Their is basic treatment for all human beings.

Wait, so you are saying if he was granted a Visa first and then drove drunk and killed two girls, it wouldn't be a tragedy?

It seems like you are saying its OK for US citizens to murder their fellow citizens.

Whats the worse crime here, that he was an illegal immigrant or that he drove drunk? Since one didn't lead to the other, fixing one doesn't fix the other.

If he was given a Visa he would still have driven drunk and killed them. If he was illegal but didn't drive drunk they would still be alive.

Seems you should fix the drunk driving first, since it kills people. Then worry about illegal immigration.

Or are you saying only illegal immigrants drive drunk?

GenGap

Electoral Member
Mar 19, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm on Geraldo side. I do not care if /shehe is an illegal or not he was an drunk driver.

If it was a mexican police officer driving and drinking, its the same crime. Not a matter of personal nationality, it is the crime punishment within that country.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NM7hoauFLDU&mode=related&search=

Watch the first part it sets up the situation behind this.

3 prior arrests for alcohol related legalities, and 1 arrest for identity theft, no conviction, no deportation.

What happens?

2 girls wind up dead, because of this sanctuary city.

There is a story behind every death caused by a drunk driver. They all should have been somewhere else at the time, maybe some of those were also illegals, and noone noticed. I didn't notice O'Reily bringing
any of those deaths to our attention.
The huge problem connected to illegal aliens belongs to the U.S. GOVERNMENT, as they allowed it
to happen for years and years, as they want all the votes from the mexican/american community, so,
they don't won't to rock the boat. There are millions and millions of illegals living in the u.s., and now, when one of them drove drunk and killed two girls, O'Reily throws it out there for all of us to chew on.
He has a show to run, he figured it would be good 'bait', and he was right.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
I'm on Geraldo side. I do not care if /shehe is an illegal or not he was an drunk driver.

If it was a mexican police officer driving and drinking, its the same crime. Not a matter of personal nationality, it is the crime punishment within that country.

The point is what to do now. Is the guy being deported? If so why not?