Flying Imams vs John Q.Doe et al

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
No $$$ for you, at least from other travelers. I'm sure this won't stop them from pursuing the Airline though.

Every "no"vote was cast by liberals..big surprise.

House Votes to Protect Security Conscious Americans from Frivolous Lawsuits
Washington, D.C. - Congressman Bill Shuster released the following statement upon passage of a Republican motion to make important changes to H.R. 1401, the Rail and Public Transportation Security Act of 2007 passed the House.

The motion contained language to protect Americans from intimidation and frivolous lawsuits by giving them legal immunity as a result of reporting suspicious terrorism-related activity overwhelmingly passed the House 304 to 121:

"This is a big victory for all Americans," Shuster said. "No American should ever be sued because they tried to stop a terrorist act. No American should be forced to second guess a decision to alert authorities that could save the lives of others. Unfortunately, the recent lawsuit filed by the Council of American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) seeks to do just that."

Last November, six imams were removed from US Airways Flight 300 for what passengers described as threatening behavior. While on board, passengers reported that these men, who were traveling together, dispersed to seats throughout the plane in a formation reminiscent of the 9/11 hijackers and moved throughout the cabin to confer with one another. Additionally, they asked the flight crew for seatbelt extenders, which they then rolled up and kept under their seats for no apparent reason.
The imams' complaint, which is supported by CAIR, specifically mentions certain "John Does" as defendants to the suit and describes them as "passengers at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport who contacted U.S. Airways to report the alleged "suspicious" behavior of Plaintiffs'..."

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Oh good - someone had the courage to set a precedent

This was never about religion but about extortion - of the airline and of the public who fly....

A muslem leader was speaking on a radio show yesterday and sorry I don't even know who was the personality leading the show was but he spoke out against acts of defiance in the U.S.A. He said it does nothing positive for the muslim people who want freedom of worship and to live among all religious groups.

Glad it was overturned...

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
There is now doubt in my mind that this situation with the Imams was satge dby them for the reasons we now read about. They want this to be a topic of discuusion and hiope this will increase our tolerance with their group. I also have no doubt that many of their group migrated to the North American continent with less than honorable intentions but the majirity who are here do want to be resopected and allowed to follow their bekliefs. But I draw the line when they expect us to bend our laws to accomodate their special whims. If it isn't suitable here, they can go back to their country of origin. I'm living in my country of origin and have no problem with the laws as structured. We have to keep our vigilance levels up. If we don't we will regret that oversight.