AlBore's Inconvenient Lies


Curiosity
#1

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.PressReleases&Conten tRecord_id=7616011f-802a-23ad-435e-887baa7069ca ^

GORE REFUSES TO TAKE PERSONAL ENERGY ETHICS PLEDGE
WASHINGTON, DC – Former Vice President Al Gore refused to take a “Personal Energy Ethics Pledge” today to consume no more energy than the average American household. The pledge was presented to Gore by Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.), Ranking Member of the Environment and Public Works Committee, during today’s global warming hearing.

Senator Inhofe showed Gore a film frame from “An Inconvenient Truth” where it asks viewers: “Are you ready to change the way you live?”
Gore has been criticized for excessive home energy usage at his residence in Tennessee. His electricity usage is reportedly 20 times higher than the average American household.
It has been reported that many of these so-called carbon offset projects would have been done anyway. Also, carbon offset projects such as planting trees can take decades or even a century to sequester the carbon emitted today. So energy usage today results in greenhouse gases remaining in the atmosphere for decades, even with the purchase of so-called carbon offsets.

“There are hundreds of thousands of people who adore you and would follow your example by reducing their energy usage if you did. Don’t give us the run-around on carbon offsets or the gimmicks the wealthy do,” Senator Inhofe told Gore.
“Are you willing to make a commitment here today by taking this pledge to consume no more energy for use in your residence than the average American household by one year from today?” Senator Inhofe asked.
Senator Inhofe then presented Vice President Gore with the following "Personal Energy Ethics Pledge:
Cl As a believer: · that human-caused global warming is a moral, ethical, and spiritual issue affecting our survival;
· that home energy use is a key component of overall energy use;
· that reducing my fossil fuel-based home energy usage will lead to lower greenhouse gas emissions; and
· that leaders on moral issues should lead by example;
I pledge to consume no more energy for use in my residence than the average American household by March 21, 2008.” Gore refused to take the pledge.
 
jjaycee98
Conservative
#2
Obviously he is not willing to give up his life style for the Environment. I think his reputation on this one has run it's course.

Live like an average person? No way!
 
hermanntrude
#3
the dumb thing is that even an average person is using too much
 
Tonington
#4
The thing is, he can still live the same lifestyle if he chose so, though he really should be looking to live in a more simple, sustainable manner. It's unfortunate he doesn't make the pledge. I mean, build some windmills, put up some solar panels, install geothermal heating/cooling. It's not like he doesn't have the moola. He comes off looking bad, real bad, and that reflects upon the movement itself.
 
tracy
#5
So which politician would be willing to sign a pledge like this? Just curious...
 
#juan
No Party Affiliation
#6
You know, Gore set himself up by doing what he is doing. Now the naysayers want him to jump through their hoops so they can make political points. Gore is right not to play their games. Gore has said he was adding solar panels, and adding insulation, and doing things to make his homes more efficient. Call him a liar if you want, but how many other politicians are willing to sign thes pledge? So what if they do. Gore has done more to raise awareness of GHG and global warming than anyone else in the world. If Gore was a republican, his picture would be on cereal boxes. It might be yet.
 
CDNBear
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

You know, Gore set himself up by doing what he is doing. Now the naysayers want him to jump through their hoops so they can make political points. Gore is right not to play their games. Gore has said he was adding solar panels, and adding insulation, and doing things to make his homes more efficient. Call him a liar if you want, but how many other politicians are willing to sign thes pledge? So what if they do. Gore has done more to raise awareness of GHG and global warming than anyone else in the world. If Gore was a republican, his picture would be on cereal boxes. It might be yet.

More like Gore has done more to con the the unwashed masses.

I'm not surprised I would find you defending the morally bankrupt juan.

It's not about other politicians juan, it's about the one that has led the lied charge, being taken to task on his attacks against the oil industry that he believes robbed him of the Presidency.

If he didn't sign it, he's a fraud and a hack. Something I know your familiar with, being a supporter of the LPoC.
 
hermanntrude
#8
and if he did sign it he'd be a good man?
 
CDNBear
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

and if he did sign it he'd be a good man?

No, he'ld still be a tool in my eyes, but at least I wouldn't be able to attack his cred or his principals.

Of which at this point, he has none of.
 
hermanntrude
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

No, he'ld still be a tool in my eyes, but at least I wouldn't be able to attack his cred or his principals.

Of which at this point, he has none of.

that's pretty much a given, him being a politician
 
Curiosity
#11
Gore has found a publicity shtick and people think he is the second coming....

I can't believe the people who have fallen for this lout who has the morals of a snake...

He could care less about pollution, global warming and what you do to preserve the environment... he has adopted a cause which gets him the needed publicity he craves.

If you people lauded Ralph Nader, I'd appreciate you have true knowledge of what the lifestyle involves. You have merely jumped on the Bore Bandwagon, blindly following the piper...thinking it is a cool and upstanding thing to do.

There is nothing wrong in choosing your causes wisely, but choose the leaders with more substantial background than press releases of issues never truly addressed on a personal basis.
 
CDNBear
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by CuriosityView Post

Gore has found a publicity shtick and people think he is the second coming....

I can't believe the people who have fallen for this lout who has the morals of a snake...

He could care less about pollution, global warming and what you do to preserve the environment... he has adopted a cause which gets him the needed publicity he craves.

If you people lauded Ralph Nader, I'd appreciate you have true knowledge of what the lifestyle involves. You have merely jumped on the Bore Bandwagon, blindly following the piper...thinking it is a cool and upstanding thing to do.

There is nothing wrong in choosing your causes wisely, but choose the leaders with more substantial background than press releases of issues never truly addressed on a personal basis.

 
Curiosity
#13
Thanks Bear

That was a rant eh? Must be low on sugar!
 
Sparrow
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by CuriosityView Post

Thanks Bear

That was a rant eh? Must be low on sugar!


That was a good rant and don't excuse it. Wait until the rest of them come down, it should be interesting. Watch and see what they will now say about ALBore, they won't be able to condem him fast enough or maybe they will try to give excuses.
 
Curiosity
#15
Thanks Sparrow

Here is one group who quietly go about their business... pacific, dedicated environmentalism is being practiced and taught all around us if we care to look...not as earth shattering as the great call for Global Warming attention, but nevertheless small groups doing what they can ...

http://alumni.berkeley.edu/calmag/200609/brower.asp

Quote:


Green has a new home
The new David Brower Center will honor and extend the long collaboration between the university and the environmental movement
STORY BY KENNETH BROWER, PHOTOGRAPHS BY MICHAEL COLLOPY

In its gestation, the David Brower Center -- an environmental think-tank planned for downtown Berkeley, at the edge of the UC campus -- has passed the blueprint stage and is deep in its third trimester. Groundbreaking is scheduled for this fall. The building, which honors the late Berkeley conservationist David R. Brower, will rise across Oxford Street from Edwards Field, so close to the cinder track that environmentalists working Saturdays in springtime will occasionally jump to the starter's gun.
My son, David C. Brower, a twenty-year-old junior, is the grandson of the honoree. In his capacity as namesake, he has offered some thoughts about signage. It would be a great mistake, he suggests, to include his grandfather's middle initial "R" on the marquee. Middle initials are old-fashioned, a little stuffy. Much more direct, and cleaner typographically, would be a simple "DAVID BROWER CENTER" chiseled above the entrance.
I think I catch his drift. In walking down Oxford with girlfriend or teammates, David Brower the...

Quote has been trimmed
 
#juan
No Party Affiliation
#16
Mindless regurgitation of the Bush doctrine Bear

At least partly because of Gore, every country in the world now has a global warming policy or agenda, not to please Gore, or to make Gore rich, but to address a problem that is physically making itself known around this planet by the melting of the polar ice and dramatically warmer weather. The polar ice is melting to an extent that is unknown in our history. Global warming is happening. A majority of meteorological scientists think that the billions of tons of CO2 we are putting into the atmosphere every year has something to do with it.

by CDNBear
Quote:

I'm not surprised I would find you defending the morally bankrupt juan.

And I'm never surprised that you argue on a subject you know nothing about.
 
tracy
#17
I think environmental problems are the right's equivalent to the war in Iraq for the left. They hate the politician so much that they don't really care much about a solution to the problem.
 
stevek
#18
Solution to what problem? The problem is that the sun (according to reports in papers last week) has warmed up not only the rest of the planets in the solar system but ours as well?

This warming has increased the amount of CO2 in our atmosphere since the ocean is the largest source of CO2 and when warmed released more of it. Since the ocean covers 2/3 of the surface of the earth and holds the vast majority of the CO2; can you really still believe that man's influence is any moe than a frictional influence on this warming?

Check out some politically inconvenient science;

http://friendsofscience.org/index.php

Check out the correlation of sunspot activity and temperature anomolies. Compare this with the CO2 levels and judge which two lines foloow each other.

Gore and Suzuki - Prophets for Profit
 
Tonington
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by stevekView Post

Solution to what problem? The problem is that the sun (according to reports in papers last week) has warmed up not only the rest of the planets in the solar system but ours as well?

This warming has increased the amount of CO2 in our atmosphere since the ocean is the largest source of CO2 and when warmed released more of it. Since the ocean covers 2/3 of the surface of the earth and holds the vast majority of the CO2; can you really still believe that man's influence is any moe than a frictional influence on this warming?

Check out some politically inconvenient science;

http://friendsofscience.org/index.php

Check out the correlation of sunspot activity and temperature anomolies. Compare this with the CO2 levels and judge which two lines foloow each other.

Gore and Suzuki - Prophets for Profit

The sun, the last bastion of the deniers, with no concrete proof yet.
Beware the oil company-funded naysayers
Beware the oil company-funded naysayers

Correlation is so weak as to be statistically irrelevant. The studies which show strong correlation have a) mathematical errors and b) faulty methodology.
 
Curiosity
#20
Stevek and Tonington

The key to the controversy lies in the minds and hearts of the scientific community - without their work and confirmation of the reality of this phenomenon and whether it is entirely man made and can be mitigated by man's changing lifestyles - why is everyone arguing?

Nobody wants Global Warming - nobody wants the environment where one will have to wear face masks in order to venture outside a fully air conditioned home so breathing can continue to live.

We all want healthy lives. This is not an argument and not even much of a debate.

Small pockets of people can make a difference in caring for their community. It's a start and until the science of cause can be determined as final, we merely keep creating these pontificating gods who run around making a living off creating anxiety and anger.

This isn't positive work of a movement to save mankind! This is flawed egoism and in the case of AlBore - one very disappointed man trying to find a place in his world where he can become some kind of a leader or savior or whatever his personal megalomaniac voices inside tell him.

Too much money, too much demanding 'a quick fix' and not letting the people who can find out the answers have their space and time and get it right.....

It isn't a case here of who is right or wrong... it is a case of let's get it done the right way.

Public relations never solved a damn thing in our world. Celebrities have taken over the cause to keep their names in the public arena... and it hasn't done diddly for anyone. Only delayed getting at the truth. The truth rests with the scientific community.
 
Tonington
#21
You're right of course Curio. I thought once upon a time it would be great to have more relevance placed on this issue. Sadly as it has come to the forefront the message has been lost in a sea of one-upmanship, polemic and heavy handed tacticians spinning their webs.

I've seen it brought up in here, I've brought this up as well, it's pollution. Whethor we can stop the trend completely (not likely) is irrelevant. The issue is the matter by which we are managing our house. Do we continue to treat it like crap and leave a mess for our progeny? What a legacy....
 
I think not
#22
When scientists turn science into politics, who do the people go to for science?
 
Curiosity
#23
There are both bad and good scientists as there are in all walks of life

The scientific community's goal should not be financial - and if they are suffering for lack of funding for their research in the area of the future of this planet, they should be relieved of that burden.

It is imperative all people learn personal responsibility, manufacturers learn eco-friendly packaging,
growers re-learn what we have forgotten in the name of commercial enterprise...

We can all demand in our own personal arenas the use of non-toxic products and construction and transportation methods - personal planning in the use of the family auto, many ways are already
being used.

Davis, CA has housing build around green space and walkways and parks where the automobile is a sometime method of transportation rather than a necessity the way many people live now. The little town has been doing some great research in pollution mitigation...

It is up to the people to view personal change as a step forward than a cause of 'deprivation' which most view ecology and pollution mitigation as some kind of punishment.

If corporations stand firm and refuse to change their manufacturing habits...the public has a powerful voice in passing over their products. The public might be surprised at the power they do have once they give it a combined voice. Not in protest, but in silent denial or purchase.

And the last biggie... alternative fuel energy sources. The big one. We can do it. It might even be fun to break the walls of that prison we are in down for good!!
 
Curiosity
#24
ITN

Scientific success depends upon loads of funding and serendipity of discovery.

Corporations often create weaknesses out of the scientific community and we have to find ways to counter these influences so that the scientists and researchers are free of coercion.

These people should be our heros - not the folk who parade around making speeches to get their names in print and their faces on camera yet once again because they must keep advertising themselves.

AlBore winning and Oscar is a prime example of what the 'whoring adulation' has become. The once proud Nobel Prize has sunk into the morass of political and commercial influence.

Considering populations of informed people - these gasbags are a blip on the screen of numbers - and if the public as a majority want to change things - they might want to start soon - getting their own information from reliable sources - not the Snake Oil Circus which we follow - ineptly titled a Global Warming Movement...when the only hot air being created is from the celebrity activists.
 
#juan
No Party Affiliation
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by CuriosityView Post

ITN

Scientific success depends upon loads of funding and serendipity of discovery.

Corporations often create weaknesses out of the scientific community and we have to find ways to counter these influences so that the scientists and researchers are free of coercion.

These people should be our heros - not the folk who parade around making speeches to get their names in print and their faces on camera yet once again because they must keep advertising themselves.

AlBore winning and Oscar is a prime example of what the 'whoring adulation' has become. The once proud Nobel Prize has sunk into the morass of political and commercial influence.

Considering populations of informed people - these gasbags are a blip on the screen of numbers - and if the public as a majority want to change things - they might want to start soon - getting their own information from reliable sources - not the Snake Oil Circus which we follow - ineptly titled a Global Warming Movement...when the only hot air being created is from the celebrity activists.

The IPCC scientists are hardly "snake oil" salesmen. As an engineer I can follow the science of the IPCC and I find nothing wrong with it.. There is also nothing wrong with the science of Al Gore's presentations. The only question is, "how much of global warming is caused by man's handiwork", and how much is caused by some other, yet to be named process. There is no doubt that climate change is happening. Can we ignore the fact that that the increase in the millions upon millions of tons of CO2 that we are pumping into the atmosphere, kind of lines up with the increase in global temperatures? Until someone comes up with a better story, this is what we have.
 
tracy
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by stevekView Post

Solution to what problem?

Environmental issues in general. People pay lip service to alternative energy sources while they advocate drilling in Alaska to get more oil. People may be able to deny global warming, but they certainly can't deny the harm using all this oil causes us. But the neither side of the political spectrum will really tackle that issue cause oil = money. Maybe I'm just extremely naive, but I find it hard to believe all the amazing scientists we have in the western world couldn't come up with a better way to run a car. If we invested the resources into that goal that we do into other things, I believe we'd have a solution pronto. But we won't, will we? Nevermind the benefits it would bring, better to focus on the politics involved.
 
tracy
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by CuriosityView Post

Nobody wants Global Warming - nobody wants the environment where one will have to wear face masks in order to venture outside a fully air conditioned home so breathing can continue to live.

We all want healthy lives. This is not an argument and not even much of a debate.
.

I think that's absolutely true. I just think most politicians don't care enough to do enough about it. California probably leads the nation in environmental concern. I've read about some great things here like you pointed out. I just want more. I want to be able to drive into LA in some sort of futuristic environmentally sound car without seeing any smog .
 
EagleSmack
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by tracyView Post

So which politician would be willing to sign a pledge like this? Just curious...

Probably not many but it is Gore that is running about telling the world of the Planetary Emergency. He is exposing himself day after day.

There is a new article out on Zinc Mining that will be happening on Gore's land. As the article goes, Zinc mining releases toxic chemicals into the environment. Gore has had Zinc mined on his land before and the mining company has released tons of toxic chemicals into the ground and water. A new venture wants to start up again and Gore is going to let them. Enviornmentalist have asked Gore to stop this as we all know mining of any sort is not healthy to the environment. But Gore tends to gain $500,000+ for allowing the new mining venture.

Do you think the environment is more important than Gore's bank account? Not a bit.
 
EagleSmack
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

You know, Gore set himself up by doing what he is doing. Now the naysayers want him to jump through their hoops so they can make political points. Gore is right not to play their games. Gore has said he was adding solar panels, and adding insulation, and doing things to make his homes more efficient. Call him a liar if you want, but how many other politicians are willing to sign thes pledge? So what if they do. Gore has done more to raise awareness of GHG and global warming than anyone else in the world. If Gore was a republican, his picture would be on cereal boxes. It might be yet.

But we the unwashed masses must play Gore's game?

I think my next vehicle will be an SUV now. My carbon credit will be when I reseed the lawn this spring.
 
CDNBear
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

Mindless regurgitation of the Bush doctrine Bear

At least partly because of Gore, every country in the world now has a global warming policy or agenda, not to please Gore, or to make Gore rich, but to address a problem that is physically making itself known around this planet by the melting of the polar ice and dramatically warmer weather. The polar ice is melting to an extent that is unknown in our history. Global warming is happening. A majority of meteorological scientists think that the billions of tons of CO2 we are putting into the atmosphere every year has something to do with it.

by CDNBear

And I'm never surprised that you argue on a subject you know nothing about.

Ah the cry of the pro Kyoto club, if you aren't with us, you know nothing. You really aren't that much different from the "If you aren't with us, you agins't us" war on terror crowd juan.

Good to see you're human after all.
Quote: Originally Posted by tracyView Post

I think environmental problems are the right's equivalent to the war in Iraq for the left. They hate the politician so much that they don't really care much about a solution to the problem.

I don't hate Gore, I distrust him, as I do with all politicians. Especially when the man is caught lying through his teeth in his movie, then refuses to sign a document that would more or less force him to pull the same weight he asks his followers too.

Quote: Originally Posted by stevekView Post

Solution to what problem? The problem is that the sun (according to reports in papers last week) has warmed up not only the rest of the planets in the solar system but ours as well?

This warming has increased the amount of CO2 in our atmosphere since the ocean is the largest source of CO2 and when warmed released more of it. Since the ocean covers 2/3 of the surface of the earth and holds the vast majority of the CO2; can you really still believe that man's influence is any moe than a frictional influence on this warming?

Check out some politically inconvenient science;

http://friendsofscience.org/index.php

Check out the correlation of sunspot activity and temperature anomolies. Compare this with the CO2 levels and judge which two lines foloow each other.

Gore and Suzuki - Prophets for Profit

Hmmm, food for thought. You'll find few are hungry in the pro AGW crowd my friend.
 

Similar Threads

23
Lies, More Lies, and Damn Lies
by JBeee | Jul 21st, 2007
18
An Inconvenient Truth
by MagnoliaApples | Jan 15th, 2007
42
An Inconvenient Truth
by #juan | Oct 28th, 2006
27
An Inconvenient Truth
by FiveParadox | Jun 1st, 2006
no new posts