Thanksgiving Wishes for the U.S. folk

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
To the American contingent on this forum....if the Canadians will forgive a bit of U.S. stuff

Graphics by Pat's Web Graphics

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Indeed, happy turkey day wishes to all, from your cousins to the North. Enjoy the yams and football and wine and naps. Hope you're all healthy and safe!

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
LOL Gear

Those turkeys remind me of some forums I have frequented over the years - everyone's in a disguise!

Moo!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The Cowboys aren't playing. How can it be a US Thanksgiving?

Oh well, try to have a Good Thanksgiving anyway.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Now Kreskin

You got your BC win up there - can't get all your wishes at once haha

Still waiting for the television down here to replay the Game from last Sunday....wait wait wait wait....

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Curio, what's funny is I'm a lifelong Cowboys fan. Even most Americans can't stand that team but I'm a diehard.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
Hope everyone has a fun day! I'm very excited because although this is the third Thanksgiving I've been here, it's the first one I've had off from work. My friends are making quite a production of my first "real" Thanksgiving. I have met such fun and welcoming people down here, so that's what I'll be thankful for. California is a great place:)

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Have a wonderful Turkey Day Curio and Tracy and remember elastic waists girls. Have fun Tracy and be a good girl, if not don't get caught.:angel8:

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
Happy Thanksgiving everyone =). I'll be watching football tomorrow, I doubt i'll get to watch my buccaneers play tomorrow, but I do get to watch the dolphins play the lions =(. I'm talking about American football incase I lost anyone XD

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
Happy Thanksgiving to all my U.S. friends!!! Have a great day, a great meal and some great football..remember us in the North who all work today :(

Christmas shopping sales start tomorrow!!!!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Happy Turkey day.

Isn't today or tomorrow generally the busiest shopping day of the year down south?

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
It's tomorrow Kreskin, and I never participate. It gets too crazy. If I do any shopping it's on the internet, and this year it's going to be very little shopping and more charity.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Thanksgiving means giving thanks....

For over five years now each Thanksgiving I wanted to post something on a Canadian forum and then hesitate because it may stir up controversy and argument.... but as time passes, I would like to
put something on this thread because it seems to be pacific and comfortable and genuine and perhaps my message won't cause it to change....

I have always wanted to thank deeply the Canadian team from NORAD one of whom took over command
on 9/11 for rerouting airtraffic, overseeing defensive and tracking maneuvers as trained people in NORAD
are doing round the clock, and of course opening Canadian airspace and land to commercial air travellers.

To find anything credible about that horrible day or the names of anyone involved (other than accusatory), is difficult.... so I'll just say an anonymous thanks to Canadians in lieu of knowing who the Canadians were
standing at our side during those ugly hours and days.... It would seem the internet is bound to keep the ugliness alive ... so I won't go there again... not today. Only a message from my heart...with pride...

My deepest gratitude to Canada.... without any caveats. Curio

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
Thanksgiving means giving thanks....

For over five years now each Thanksgiving I wanted to post something on a Canadian forum and then hesitate because it may stir up controversy and argument.... but as time passes, I would like to
put something on this thread because it seems to be pacific and comfortable and genuine and perhaps my message won't cause it to change....

I have always wanted to thank deeply the Canadian team from NORAD one of whom took over command
on 9/11 for rerouting airtraffic, overseeing defensive and tracking maneuvers as trained people in NORAD
are doing round the clock, and of course opening Canadian airspace and land to commercial air travellers.

To find anything credible about that horrible day or the names of anyone involved (other than accusatory), is difficult.... so I'll just say an anonymous thanks to Canadians in lieu of knowing who the Canadians were
standing at our side during those ugly hours and days.... It would seem the internet is bound to keep the ugliness alive ... so I won't go there again... not today. Only a message from my heart...with pride...

My deepest gratitude to Canada.... without any caveats. Curio

The other to consider is the Newfoundlanders in Gander who took passengers from stranded planes at Gander airport into their homes with no questions asked. "You need shelter and food..we have shelter and food"

We may get trivial and say dumb things to our neighbors but we are still family...

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
OttawaBill

Of course - my omission was an error and I appreciate your addition to my thoughts and thanks. Of course those wonderful people.... I can still remember the services held after to give thanks to so many who opened their homes.... strangers no more.

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
Awe but tomorrow is bone day..sales sales sales, pushing shoving and all round nasty behaviour..all thoughts of Thanks forgotten as we get back the greed factor hahaha!!