Someone asked what San Francisco values were?

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
Please, I know a lot of people hate Michelle Malkin as much as I hate Maureen Dowd(fat cow) but heres some of the silliness going on, on the left coast..

San Francisco kills JROTC program
By Michelle Malkin · November 15, 2006 08:00 AM
"San Francisco values" prevailed last night. Some 1,600 students of all backgrounds will now be robbed of a valuable training program that immunized them against the anti-military hatred that infests the Bay Area:
SAN FRANCISCO — High schools across the city soon will no longer have Junior Reserve Officers'Training Corps programs after officials decided to eliminate them because of the Pentagon's"don't ask, don't tell"policy regarding gay service members. The Board of Education voted 4-2 late Tuesday to phase out the JROTC from schools over the next two years, despite protest from hundreds of students who rallied outside the meeting.
The resolution passed says the military's ban on openly gay soldiers violates the school district's equal rights policy for gays.
The school district and the military currently share the $1.6 million annual cost of the program. About 1,600 San Francisco students participate in JROTC at seven high schools across the district.
Cadets and instructors who spoke at the meeting and rallied outside argued that the program teaches leadership, organizational skills, personal responsibility and other important values.
"This is where the kids feel safe, the one place they feel safe,"said Robert Powell, a JROTC instructor."You're going to take that away from them?"
Yes, they are. The program had been in place for 90 years. More on the idiocy from the San Francisco Chronicle (whose left-leaning editorial board supported the program):
Dozens of JROTC cadets at the board meeting burst into tears or covered their faces after the votes were cast. "We're really shocked,'' said fourth-year Cadet Eric Chu, a senior at Lowell High School, his eyes filling with tears. "It provided me with a place to go."
The proposal approved by the board also creates a task force to develop alternatives to the program that will be tried out next year at various high schools.
The board's decision was loudly applauded by opponents of the program.
Their position was summed up by a former teacher, Nancy Mancias, who said, "We need to teach a curriculum of peace."
The board's move to dismantle the popular program was led by board members Dan Kelly and Mark Sanchez with support from Sarah Lipson and Eric Mar. Casting votes against it were Jill Wynns and Norman Yee. Board member Eddie Chin was absent...
..."We don't want the military ruining our civilian institutions," said Sandra Schwartz of the American Friends Service Committee, an organization actively opposing JROTC nationwide. "In a healthy democracy ... you contain the military. You must contain the military."
Mayor Gavin Newsom chastised the school board:
"You think this is going to help keep families in San Francisco?" the mayor added. "No. It's going to hurt."​
Keep driving them away.
Fact:
In 1970, children younger than 18 made up 22 percent of the population compared with just under 15 percent in 2004. San Francisco has the lowest percentage of households with children among the 50 largest U.S. cities.​
Cities, like civilizations, die by suicide, not murder.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
That was me. I think this is silly, but I also think the don't ask don't tell policy is silly.

I doubt San Fran will die because of a lack of children.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
That was me. I think this is silly, but I also think the don't ask don't tell policy is silly.

I doubt San Fran will die because of a lack of children.

I don't think San Francisco will die either, but really...they aren't screwing the military with this. They are only screwing the kids, and its a bit unfair to them. That these people think this will somehow hurt military recruiting is laughable, and just pretty pathetic.

And I couldn't care less about whether someone is gay and is in the military, but then again I wasn't in charge of that decision (dont ask, dont tell) hmm, who was that again?...cough clinton cough.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
So

uh

does the American Military (pwb) have a monopoloy on "leadership, organizational skills, personal responsibility and other important values", or just the program funding?

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Thomaksa

I like Malkin - don't know why you have to defend her - her work on Immigration stats is superbly done.

Clinton removed any trace of the military at the Presidio as well. Of course he closed many bases around the country.

San Francisco is a world unto itself - and if you want to call what they accept there "values" - fine. It's mostly a reputation the Franciscans have adopted for themselves - like "dropping" Gucci or Versace.

Its nirvana for narcissism. The people are so self-involved they don't even care what your name is when you meet them - it will not matter an hour later in their minds, but they can rattle off all the acceptable
domestic and imported wines of the past winners......yee haw.

My nephew loves it - because the hospital rehab care he gets there is superb - but most people don't even ask him about his injuries because they can't imagine anyone going into the military in the first place.

People pay $700,000 for a 900 sq.ft. crackerbox which often has a closet of a bathroom and in some cases the shower/bathtub is located in another part of the "condo". A yard is considered a luxury item and forget a garage... I think the whole place is a joke - kinda like Disneyland gone weird on pot.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
Thomaksa

I like Malkin - don't know why you have to defend her - her work on Immigration stats is superbly done.

Clinton removed any trace of the military at the Presidio as well. Of course he closed many bases around the country.

San Francisco is a world unto itself - and if you want to call what they accept there "values" - fine. It's mostly a reputation the Franciscans have adopted for themselves - like "dropping" Gucci or Versace.

Its nirvana for narcissism. The people are so self-involved they don't even care what your name is when you meet them - it will not matter an hour later in their minds, but they can rattle off all the acceptable
domestic and imported wines of the past winners......yee haw.

My nephew loves it - because the hospital rehab care he gets there is superb - but most people don't even ask him about his injuries because they can't imagine anyone going into the military in the first place.

People pay $700,000 for a 900 sq.ft. crackerbox which often has a closet of a bathroom and in some cases the shower/bathtub is located in another part of the "condo". A yard is considered a luxury item and forget a garage... I think the whole place is a joke - kinda like Disneyland gone weird on pot.

Well, I wouldnt wish them on anyone, I'm sorry you have to put up with it out there. I wish they would secede:D

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Thomaska

Agreed - but they would insist the U.S. left them!! (If they noticed at all that is).

I live in a part of California where there are rural families ranching and farming easy enough living and close to the nice towns scattered around and the people while rougher than the big city types are at least
in touch witht he world. The last time I went to SFO to see my nephew I felt I had gone to
another planet.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
What's wrong with not wanting an openly disciminatory government program involved in your community? Stop discriminating, problem solved.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
What's wrong with not wanting an openly disciminatory government program involved in your community? Stop discriminating, problem solved.

Rigghhht..whats wrong with 3 or 4 school board members, who don't like the military, discriminating against 1600+ kids participating in a program that gives them some focus..and something positive to do. Once again the liberal agenda with its constant attention seeking, screws the majority.

Its much better for them to be running the streets after school getting in trouble and giving the finger to "the man and the establishment"

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Rigghhht..whats wrong with 3 or 4 school board members, who don't like the military, discriminating against 1600+ kids participating in a program that gives them some focus..and something positive to do.

If it prevents condoning a systematically repressive enculturation process and its your only other choice? Nothing.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
If it prevents condoning a systematically repressive enculturation process and its your only other choice? Nothing.

SO, if there are 1000 students who go through four years of JROTC and 3 of them end up joining the military, you'd consider that repressive "enculturation"? Whatever...what is that, like .003 of one percent? Oh no! ITs a draft, everyone run!!!

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
You lost track of the issue.

"Don't Ask, Don't Tell"

hence the word repressive as opposed to oppressive.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
You lost track of the issue.

"Don't Ask, Don't Tell"

hence the word repressive as opposed to oppressive.

Give me a break, these school board members couldn't care less about gay rights. This was purely vindictive.

What about those kids civil rights, there might be an issue there, Where's the ACLU on this? Hiding under their desks thats where. If it were a gay clubs getting the boot from the schools, the press, and the ACLU would be up their butts(no pun intended). The far left has a one way view on civil rights, their way.

I think it is pretty undemocratic to summarily can the program because 4 schoolboard members don't like the military. This isn't a compulsory program(JROTC) it is 100% voluntary, nevertheless it offended or the sight of the uniforms offended some two bit semi-politicians, so they axed it.

The U.S. armed forces don't allow women in combat(when possible), blatant discrimination...perhaps males should be banned from schools also.

Here a little tidbit alot of people might not know: From the articles that govern the Military in the U.S.

Article 125—Sodomy

Text.
“(a) Any person subject to this chapter who engages in unnatural carnal copulation with another person of the same or opposite sex or with an animal is guilty of sodomy. Penetration, however slight, is sufficient
to complete the offense.
(b) Any person found guilty of sodomy shall by punished as a court-martial may direct.”
Elements.
(1) That the accused engaged in unnatural carnal copulation with a certain other person or with an animal. (Note: Add either or both of the following elements, if applicable)
(2) That the act was done with a child under the age of 16.
(3) That the act was done by force and without the consent of the other person.
Explanation.
It is unnatural carnal copulation for a person to take into that person’s mouth or anus the sexual organ of another person or of an animal; or to place that person’s sexual organ in the mouth or anus of another person or of an animal; or to have carnal copulation in any opening of the body, except the sexual parts, with another person; or to have carnal copulation with an animal.
Lesser included offenses.
(1) With a child under the age of 16.
  • (a) Article 125—forcible sodomy (and offenses included therein; see subparagraph (2) below)
    (b) Article 134—indecent acts with a child under 16 (c) Article 80—attempts
(2) Forcible sodomy.
  • (a) Article 125—sodomy (and offenses included therein; see subparagraph (3) below)
    (b) Article 134—assault with intent to commit sodomy
    (c) Article 134—indecent assault (d) Article 80—attempts.
(3) Sodomy.
  • (a) Article 134—indecent acts with another (b) Article 80—attempts
Maximum punishment.
(1) By force and without consent. Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for life without eligibility for parole.
(2) With a child who, at the time of the offense, has attained the age of 12 but is under the age of 16 years. Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 20 years.
(3) With a child under the age of 12 years at the time of the offense. Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for life without eligibility for parole. (4) Other cases. Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 5 years.

Thats right folks, if you have oral or any kind of other sex with your spouse, you can be busted for it. Where's the schoolboards ban on JROTC for that?

Last edited:

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Taking a stand against that would be an active defense of teenage sexual activity, not orientation.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
If Malkin is so upset over this bit of news she can enlist to make up for the loss of military personnel. Oops, I forgot -- she's a Republican and they don't enlist because that kind of service isn't a part of Republican values!