Why Vote Republican?

Researcher87

Electoral Member
Sep 20, 2006
In Monsoon West (B.C)
Why can't there be a third party to choose from. That is why the U.S system sucks it is only two party. You can either choose the Republicans who are just right-wing, commie haters, (poor Cuba), or the democrats who are no better.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
There are two major parties because you need a certain amount of signatures to be able to run on the federal level. Besides Ross Perot ran a while back anyway. On local levels it isn't so.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Man, were I an American...........

I would hate to vote Democrat............

I couldn't vote for anyone responsible for the latest unconstitutional government power grab disguised as a anti-terror bill..........

I guess I'm just lucky to be Canadian.

:)

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Well if the Republican party was in Canada even if they were conservative and bible thumpers I'd vote for them... for the simple reason I'd be voting for a party which believed in a Canadian Republic. :)

Hell I'd even dump the NDP for a strong Conservative Republican Party of Canada. :)

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Why can't there be a third party to choose from. That is why the U.S system sucks it is only two party. You can either choose the Republicans who are just right-wing, commie haters, (poor Cuba), or the democrats who are no better.
---------------------------------------------Researcher87---------------------------------------------------------------

Third party ? Why not a Fourth? Why not a Fifth ?
It won't stop with a third party, and why should it? Therefore the ad infinitum argument is real.

But the two party system will be viable only if it operates as a Big Tent, where it includes many
differing voices under one party but shares some unifying themes. And this is its value :
Forcing different voices to share some unifying themes, even if it's just the re-electing machine
aparatus.

You'd think that each ideology or issue must be pure. And therefore must have its own party to
champion that idea ? This leads to endless splintering, and promotes endless disagreement.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
JimMoyer

A surprise to me in my new adventure down here is to listen to squabbles within the parties where members are at each others' throats. I had no idea of the diversity within. I am assured when they are questioning each other because who wants a party built up by a one-size-fits-all ideal - sounds robotic to me. People just aren't built that way.

I think that is healthy as long as they are able to keep their goals at the front of the parade.

When people ask me "What are you"? I have no idea. Ask me about issues and I can go on forever...
Ask me about party affiliation..... I am for once in my life speechless (and write-less).

I know there is a secret forumla hidden somewhere - maybe they give it out with the Oath Swearing?

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Hey Curiosity !

Party Labels are okay. Labels are okay. Pick a label, take on the epithets from others.
Work like a CIA-mole inside that label to effect the change you want within that label.

Or ?

Deny all labels. Let people hear you instead of dismiss you with a label.

I've seen over time benefits to both ways.

elevennevele

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2006
Canada
Well if the Republican party was in Canada even if they were conservative and bible thumpers I'd vote for them... for the simple reason I'd be voting for a party which believed in a Canadian Republic. :)

Hell I'd even dump the NDP for a strong Conservative Republican Party of Canada. :)

That’s just nuts. By the end of it you wouldn’t even have a Canada. You’d see so many services slashed, the tax breaks wouldn’t help you with your second job, and the walk to the bus stop would get pretty depressing along that fenced in gated community as you watched those Canadian Republicans get their grass cut by all those illegal immigrants.

Ok, the truth? I really don't know, but I'm sure it would be bad.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
here's more reason to vote Republican --

more social improvement, "democratization", and success in the Bush created Paradise!

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
I am generally conservative, however, the Republican party in the U.S. are nut buckets... They were taken over by the T.V. evangelist (better than you crowd) and somehow married big business with God....

The so called Liberal democrats of the U.S. are about as conservative as the Conservatives in Canada...

So you choice is the really rightwing wingnuts or the right wing..They need some more options!!

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Thom Hartmann, Air America Radio

In his radio broadcast Hartmann described how Republican crooks are rigging the vote in Ohio by purging Democratic voters from the electoral files. This was the same thing that took place in the 2004 election in that state and in Florida in 2000. While some steps are being taken to prevent election officials from turning away people from the polls next month, many will not be apprised of the GOP's latest vote rigging scheme and will have a big problem attempting to cast their ballots.

Honesty may be the best policy but that don't matter to Republicans!