Take this poll,Michael Moore,Bush and our troops.

How do your beliefs about 9/11 relate to our mission in Afghanistan?

• I believe Moore's version and think our troops should be there

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I believe Dubya's version and think our troops should be there.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
How do your beliefs about 9/11 affect your opinion on our troops? I am interested in finding out if there is any correlation between the so-called conspiracy believers and thier support or non-support of our mission in Afghanistan.The Moore I am referring to is Michael,of course,and his movie Fahrenhiet 9/11. Dubya is George Bush and the official version of 9/11,I think you knew that. Thanks for participating.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
RE: Take this poll,Moore,Bush and our troops.

Michael Moore is a con-man. Being the stupid ass he plays in his films has made him millions.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
Re: RE: Take this poll,Moore,Bush and our troops.

Colpy said:
Michael Moore is a con-man. Being the stupid ass he plays in his films has made him millions.

Wow for once we agree, he is stupid ass and makes millions, and guys liike george w bush is a stupid ass, make his friends milllions of profit from wars, which was all based on a lie, no wonder why moore and bush are cousin.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
Re: RE: Take this poll,Michael Moore,Bush and our troops.

wallyj said:
At least Michael is keeping the money for himself,like all the hypocritical hippies.

Moore a hippy?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I believe George Bush is a liar, a con man and a war criminal I can't believe anything he or the Republican Administration says.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Geez, I remember watching Bowling for Columbine.........remember the part where they are taliking about fear? Some official, I believe from Flint Michigan, was going on and on about how afraid the people of the city were, and how, over the past seven years (horrors) they had been buying more and more handguns because of that fear, but (shaking his head) their fear was misplaced because the murder rate had fallen dramatically in those seven years.......

Did you catch that?

People buying more and more guns.

Meanwhile the murder rate crashes.

More Guns, Less Crime (with apologies to John Lott)

Moore, the idiot, probably doesn't even realize he was cutting out the foundation of his own argument.

I remember, just after the tragedy at Columbine, the arsehole was on a episode of CBC's Counterspin, stridently,
obnoxiously claiming that such a thing could NEVER happen on Canada.....on the very evening of the day that the shooting happened in Taber, Alberta.

Not to mention there were TWO episodes in 1976........

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
Also, the fat bastard interviewed 2 people from Windsor,who stated that Windsor had no gun-related homicides in the past 15 years. Bullshit. The people he portrayed as experts were a couple of flakes off the street. Someone who cared about the facts would have talked to the cops.

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
It sems that a lot of people are looking at this poll but not responding. Why,could it be that admitting Michael Moore has influenced your opinion is distasteful?

agentkgb

Nominee Member
Aug 22, 2006
US
agentkgb.wordpress.com
RE: Take this poll,Michae

I'm confused. I've seen Farenheit 9/11 but I don't follow Moore that much. What do you mean by Moore's version of 9/11. So far as I know, both Bush and Moore agree that planes hijacked by Al-Qaeda members flew into buildings and killed people. Bush said Saddam wasn't connected to 9/11, so where's the difference? Ths disagreement, so far as I know, has little to do with 9/11 and has to do with whether or not the US should have invaded Iraq and Afghanistan. Am I missing something?

agentkgb

Nominee Member
Aug 22, 2006
US
agentkgb.wordpress.com

That it was an inside job isn't really an idea taken seriously by anyone I know (I'm in the US). It's not really "Moore's" and "Dubya's" versions, almost no one believes the conspiracy theory regardless of political beliefs.

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
I have read a few of his books.Stupid white men was the last. I used to be a fan until his columbine movie showed me his lack of concern for the truth.He does like the greenbacks and will almost commit treason in his pursuit of it.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Sure most of Moore's documentaries were propaganda. Moore's intent was to make more people aware of propaganda.

Like all good propaganda, Moore's propganda was based on truth or more precisely selective omission of the truth. IN that respect, its at least as accurate as the news, which does the same thing.

Windsor probably has a much lower number of gun crimes. For one, its about 1/10 the size of Detroit. If the crime rate was just as dangerous, the number of gun crimes would also be 1/10th.

Overall Canada has a similar violent death rates. Americans tend to have more murders. Canadians tend to have more suicides. Consider it a cultural difference.

Statistics
http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcgvintl.html

When Americans are pissed, they shoot each other.

When Canadians are pissed, they shoot themselves.

At least in Canada, the perpetrator and the victim are the same person.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!

I doubt anyone is telling the truth and probably no-one knows what it is. I certainly don't believe anyone who actually wants to tell me their version... that just makes me suspicious. As for the troops:

a) i don't think i'm qualified to make the decision since i don't know the truth or anything about troops and

b) i doubt it'd make any difference what i believed since i own less than $1b and havent recently given any politicians oral sex

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I didn't respond to this poll because I don't believe any of the four choices.You should have had a "None Of the Above" choice for us cynics.For the record, I have all of Moore's books and found them very entertaining..and that's all I ask of any of my reading materials. I'm not expecting to find any truths in anything.