Why I love Bush

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Never have I seen a man in a position of such power who has the ability to make me laugh ... and cry, at the same time. ;)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
You certainly got that right.

A frightening thought is that he is really in charge of something important. Surely he's not. :roll:

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
I love it when he says "terror" or anything remotely difficult...and that man has a Harvard degree lol

Hotshot

Electoral Member
May 31, 2006
The man is such an idiot, I am almost beyond words. If the man has a Harvard degree, it sure doesn't say much for harvard. Anyway the guy is a criminal so what do you expect?? And whats even more scarier is his people follow him like lemmings.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
#juan said:
You certainly got that right.

A frightening thought is that he is really in charge of something important. Surely he's not. :roll:

I heard today he was in charge of operating secret prisons. Must be an election coming. The more he can show he is completely nuts the more likely he'll rally the base.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Unfortunately, you are probably right.

Degrees from Harvard and Daddy's millions, and he can't compose a simple sentence without help.

God help them all.

feronia

Time Out
Jul 19, 2006
#juan said:
Unfortunately, you are probably right.

Degrees from Harvard and Daddy's millions, and he can't compose a simple sentence without help.

God help them all.

Not just "them" but the entire world.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Hilarious!

But, I've got to say, Thank God I don't have cameras watching my every move and listening to every word.........

Bush does seem to have a unique talent, though,

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Colpy, you could go into the grocery department of any Safeway store and find someone with equal talent to be President of the United States. Generally, that kind of talent is best suited for stocking shelves and not well suited for leading the free world.

By the way, how are you doing you big lug? You still kickin ass out there on the range?

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
Re: RE: Why I love Bush

Hotshot said:
The man is such an idiot, I am almost beyond words. If the man has a Harvard degree, it sure doesn't say much for harvard.

hmmm... have u met some of the guys with a degree from Cambridge or Oxford? A lot of them are a genius at some specific subject but would be hard put to tie their own shoelaces.... maybe bush is one of those? I wonder what he's good at

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Kreskin said:
Colpy, you could go into the grocery department of any Safeway store and find someone with equal talent to be President of the United States. Generally, that kind of talent is best suited for stocking shelves and not well suited for leading the free world.

By the way, how are you doing you big lug? You still kickin ass out there on the range?

Trying ! Fall qualifications coming up, so I get some more paid fun!

As for Bush, thank God for a two term limit, eh?

How about John McCain?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I like McCain. I don't envy anyone taking office in 08. Things are so screwed up it's difficult to imagine anyone cleaning it up anytime soon. The next POTUS had better be able to sell ice cubes to the Eskimos to win back credibility and employ some effective diplomacy. This war on terror can't simply be won on the battlefield.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
McCain certainly has the credentials, in spades, to restore some respect to the office.

He can also work with the Dems, if necessary.

I hope the Dems run someone with more credibility than Kerry. It should be an interesting race.

If the Dems nominate Hilary, it is all over for them.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I agree. Hillary would make 08 a throw away election for the Dems.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
I don't agree that Clinton would kill the dems. Yeah Republicans don't like her but they don't matter at all. *shrugs*

Edit: However I'm sure the Dems will lose the next election. Just look at who the Americans elected the last two times.

elevennevele

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2006
Canada

hermanntrude said:
hmmm... have u met some of the guys with a degree from Cambridge or Oxford? A lot of them are a genius at some specific subject but would be hard put to tie their own shoelaces.... maybe bush is one of those? I wonder what he's good at

Good for being a rich well protected brat. Maybe comedy would have been his calling if half of it wasn't so offensive.

Rich influential parents can get anybody quite far. Especially if you come across as being personal. Look at Paris Hilton. She is being sold as a multi talent. What is it... model, actress, musician, writer, etc. Probably will be selling her own product line if not already.

But how brilliant is she? (Yes, but I know she’s a looker) Her ‘accomplishments’ would look quite impressive on the resumé of some scholar, but most real scholars would not have such diverse credentials to speak of. Maybe a specialized credential to be proud of only because they had to truly toil for their personal accomplishment. And I’m not suggesting that Paris Hilton isn’t busy.

The presidency for the United States has turned into an acting job for someone with the popularity of personality. Bush even said he doesn’t bother to really inform himself. Rather he gets informed by what people think he should hear. How smart is that for any leadership, let alone the leadership of a country that can do so much damage in the world.

The Iranian leader seems to be a bit of a scary guy at times but even he seems to show a greater depth of reasoning than Bush regardless of ideological incorrectness/foolishness.

How would we feel if Russia had such a president with the traits of Bush? Imagine all the traits and then transpose them. Then add what the US has done to date and Russia would be enemy no. 1 in the world.

Look at any business Bush handled in the private sector. Absolute failures even though he had the Saudis to float his oil venture for him. What a nice favour.