Bush vs. Ahmadinejad - what excuses will he make?

jariax

Electoral Member
Jun 13, 2006
In case you haven't heard, the leader of Iran has challenged Bush to a public televised debate.

We all know that Bush is too cowardly and inept to engage in public debate against a foreign leader.

So the real question is:

What do you think will be Bush's excuses when he refuses to debate?

Here are my Top Five Excuses

1) Was going to go...but choked on a pretzel.
2) Only if he can take a bus to Iran, scared of flying right now.
3) The United States does not negotiate with Ph.D. holders
4) Can't find a translator that speaks Iranian.
5) Too busy fixing the economy.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
jariax said:
In case you haven't heard, the leader of Iran has challenged Bush to a public televised debate.

We all know that Bush is too cowardly and inept to engage in public debate against a foreign leader.

So the real question is:

Why doesn't Ahmadinejad challenge Kofi Annan to a debate, since this is a international issue. If you recall, the security council unanimously voted for a resolution demanding Iran cease uranium enrichment.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
IRNA

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Tuesday invited US President George W. Bush to a television debate.

"I offer Mr Bush to take part in a TV debate with me without any censorship so that we put forward our views on ways to come out of the current international crises," he said.

"We have proposals for resolving the international crises on the basis of justice, dignity and equality of human being," President Ahmadinejad said.

crises

plural

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
BitWhys said:
IRNA

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Tuesday invited US President George W. Bush to a television debate.

"I offer Mr Bush to take part in a TV debate with me without any censorship so that we put forward our views on ways to come out of the current international crises," he said.

"We have proposals for resolving the international crises on the basis of justice, dignity and equality of human being," President Ahmadinejad said.

crises

plural

Forget the debate, perhaps Bush and Ahmadinejad can square off in a spelling bee.

athabaska

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2005
Bush is the most incompetent president since... ever. However, having said that, there's no need for him to get into the mud with the Islamo-fascist in Iran who is a stooge of the latest Ayatollah Insaniti.

The Iranian regime's days are numbered if it doesn't pull back on the nuclear issue. There is nothing to discuss. The Israeli position has hardened after this latest conflict and the american presidential hopefuls are going to be falling over eachother (especially the Democrats) to show their firmness with Iran.

Bush doesn't need to talk. What's the worse that can hapen to him or the USA? What's going to stop Monday Night Football or a trip to the Mall for the average American? In contrast, the nutbars in Iran are in the bullseye of an overwhelming military strike. Let them smile in public and taunt everyone. Fine. I doubt, however, they get a good night's sleep..

Calberty

Electoral Member
Dec 7, 2005
athabaska said:
Bush is the most incompetent president since... ever. However, having said that, there's no need for him to get into the mud with the Islamo-fascist in Iran who is a stooge of the latest Ayatollah Insaniti.

The Iranian regime's days are numbered if it doesn't pull back on the nuclear issue. There is nothing to discuss. The Israeli position has hardened after this latest conflict and the american presidential hopefuls are going to be falling over eachother (especially the Democrats) to show their firmness with Iran.

Bush doesn't need to talk. What's the worse that can hapen to him or the USA? What's going to stop Monday Night Football or a trip to the Mall for the average American? In contrast, the nutbars in Iran are in the bullseye of an overwhelming military strike. Let them smile in public and taunt everyone. Fine. I doubt, however, they get a good night's sleep..

So true. Americans might see a spike in gas prices. The Iran people, in contrast, might have their lives shattered. The Muslim leaders in the area would make lousy poker players. This applies to Saddam, Hezbolla and the crazies in Iran. The Americans play with the chump change they throw in the jar every night and can afford to lose some hands. The Iran fellow plays with his very existence and can't fold his hand because he's got everything in the pot. If he wins this hand he just gets blown away next round.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
RE: Bush vs. Ahmadinejad

If the American's think they're having a go of it in Iraq, wait until they invade the country they DIDN'T back. 70% of the population is prime fighting age and they love their country MUCH more than they hate the Mullah.

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
I dunno. Myself, I think I would really enjoy this debate. In fact, I think it would make a great TV serial to be rivalled only by 24.

Episodes would include:

1. BUSH TAKES ON IRAN: In this episode, Bush has to start with an Amazing Race where he first has to figure out where Iran is and get there without crossing over any country that hates Americans.

2. BUSH TAKES ON JAPAN: In this episode, Bush enters the Apprentice in Japan, and struggles against ten Japanese twelve year old kids to see if he can be picked to be the assistant to Mr. Mitsubishi.

3. BUSH TAKES ON VENEZUELA: In this episode, Bush challenges Chavez in an episode of Fear Factor where the prize is Venezuela's oil.

4. BUSH TAKES ON IRAQ: In this episode, Bush travels to Iraq in a CSI drama that uncovers the real cause of death in a group of Iraqi civilians.

5. BUSH TAKES ON AMERICA: In this episode of Survivor, Bush tries to boost his ratings in the polls to prevent being voted off the island.

6. BUSH TAKES ON THE WORLD: In the final episode, Bush in Jeopardy style fashion, has to press the nuclear button before any of the other contestants.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
I think the focus should be on Russia and China. Iran would have caved now it it wasn't for their support. Our real enemy isn't Iran. It's China.

athabaska

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2005
China? When was the last time China invaded anyone or threatened the West? China might be an economic rival but that's because it's moving away from the reason we used to think of China as the enemy...'Communism'. The more Mcdonalds, Walmarts and Starbucks on the corners of Chinese streets, the biggest challenge to China will be obesity.

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
It is because China is an economic rival that it is an enemy.

Nuke em Nuke em now.....

Oh wait, let's put up some Walmarts and Tim Hortons and make a profit first.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The only leader of a country I know of who has recently threatened to use nuclear weapons is Bush. Iran has always maintained that they wanted nuclear power for peaceful purposes. Iran has no way to deliver nuclear weapons anyway. Let them build there power plant. Hell, they could probably buy nuclear weapons easier than they could build them.

athabaska

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2005
A nuclear power plant isn't the issue. The Russians are building one for the Iranians and the USA, Britain, France (maybe others?) have offered to build them nuclear plants. The issue is one of the type of nuclear plant and the production of the nuclear material for fuel. Fuel designed for some types plants can be diverted to weapons and the spent fuel can also be used for weapons. No one is saying the Iranians can't have nuclear plants but that they can't be trusted with the production or disposal of nuclear fuels.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
China invaded Tibet. Its recent completion of a hightech railway to the country has received major coverage. Invade and overwhelm.
China's recent alliances in Africa are putting growing pressure on world oil supplies. In Chad, it's outfoxed major American interests and the Chad government is easing out a lot of the American investment there in favour of? You guessed it.
China is beginning to flex its muscles. It's going to be a lot of trouble over the next ten years.

athabaska

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2005
Re: RE: Bush vs. Ahmadinejad - what excuses will he make?

tamarin said:
China invaded Tibet. Its recent completion of a hightech railway to the country has received major coverage. Invade and overwhelm.
China's recent alliances in Africa are putting growing pressure on world oil supplies. In Chad, it's outfoxed major American interests and the Chad government is easing out a lot of the American investment there in favour of? You guessed it.
China is beginning to flex its muscles. It's going to be a lot of trouble over the next ten years.

China invaded Tibet about 50 yeas ago. Somehow in 2006 I don't feel that threatened by it. I'd actually have to look at a map and find exactly where Tibet even is. In the meantime the USA has invaded a dozen countries from Cuba to the Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Vietnam, Grenada, Iraq, Afghanistan, Panama...etc. I also don't, however, feel threatened by the USA.

Hotshot

Electoral Member
May 31, 2006
#juan said:
The only leader of a country I know of who has recently threatened to use nuclear weapons is Bush. Iran has always maintained that they wanted nuclear power for peaceful purposes. Iran has no way to deliver nuclear weapons anyway. Let them build there power plant. Hell, they could probably buy nuclear weapons easier than they could build them.

My question is why should the Yankees think that they should be the only ones with nucleur weapons?? If Iran wants them, let they have them. They would be too chicken s#!t to use them, knowing what the consequences would be.

Hotshot

Electoral Member
May 31, 2006
jariax said:

So the real question is:

He went to New Orleans and couldn't find his way back home.