Bush 'viewed war in Lebanon as a curtain-raiser for attack

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/article1219021.ece

A former intelligence officer, also quoted, says: "We told Israel,'Look, if you guys have to go, we're behind you all the way. But we think it should be sooner rather than later. The longer you wait, the less time we have to evaluate and plan for Iran before Bush gets out of office'."

Well there you have it, depending on what you believe of what you read.

Bush WANTS to invade all the oil-rich Islamic nations, he is not, as he says, "using war as the LAST option". No, it is his first choice.

When we see what invading Iraq has become, and multiply it by 10fold, we see what will happen if the USA forces get into IRAN . Quagmire times 10.

All nations must speak up against any such idea as invading Iran on the basis of fighting terrorism. he has allreeady done more damage than 9-11 did, by far, and all it got the USA is MORE anger towards them, meaning MORE terrorists with anger and motive.

There are other ways to react to terrorism. We must also consider that the actual damage to America was small, despite the dramatic events of 9-11 they were not that bad.

Like the Toronto 17, and now the London Shampoo Bomb makers, there wasn't even an actual threat, just plans, and look at how we over-react!! Its obvious to me that someone wants these events to appear much more dangerous than they are - leaders used to try to CALM the public with messages of "we will endure", but Peter Mackay comes out trying to SCARE us. The threat to you or I being hurt by a terrorist, even if all these plans did come to be, is miniscule.

Ignore global warming, but getting all excited about a few tall buildings being blow up doesn't make sense, something is afoot that they are not being straight with us about. I have a theory.... that you must know by now.

Karlin

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
Re: Bush 'viewed war in Lebanon as a curtain-raiser for atta

Karlin said:

A former intelligence officer, also quoted, says: "We told Israel,'Look, if you guys have to go, we're behind you all the way. But we think it should be sooner rather than later. The longer you wait, the less time we have to evaluate and plan for Iran before Bush gets out of office'."

Bush WANTS to invade all the oil-rich Islamic nations, he is not, as he says, "using war as the LAST option". No, it is his first choice.

When we see what invading Iraq has become, and multiply it by 10fold, we see what will happen if the USA forces get into IRAN . Quagmire times 10.

All nations must speak up against any such idea as invading Iran on the basis of fighting terrorism. he has allreeady done more damage than 9-11 did, by far, and all it got the USA is MORE anger towards them, meaning MORE terrorists with anger and motive.

There are other ways to react to terrorism. We must also consider that the actual damage to America was small, despite the dramatic events of 9-11 they were not that bad.

Like the Toronto 17, and now the London Shampoo Bomb makers, there wasn't even an actual threat, just plans, and look at how we over-react!! Its obvious to me that someone wants these events to appear much more dangerous than they are - leaders used to try to CALM the public with messages of "we will endure", but Peter Mackay comes out trying to SCARE us. The threat to you or I being hurt by a terrorist, even if all these plans did come to be, is miniscule.

Ignore global warming, but getting all excited about a few tall buildings being blow up doesn't make sense, something is afoot that they are not being straight with us about. I have a theory.... that you must know by now.

Karlin

They are paving the way to world war 3, or 4 just like hitler did, sad but it is the reality,the fact that the us economy is at straight falling,which canada depends on,they are ready to do anything to bring everybody else in the same boat.Pnac documents are pretty factual about what is going on these days.

blugoo

Nominee Member
Aug 15, 2006

Karlin said:
We must also consider that the actual damage to America was small, despite the dramatic events of 9-11 they were not that bad.

Like the Toronto 17, and now the London Shampoo Bomb makers, there wasn't even an actual threat, just plans, and look at how we over-react!!

So thousands of people being murdered isn't that bad, huh? I'd hate to see what you would find bad. Or is it just the nationality of the majority of the victims that makes you shrug?

And of course there was a threat! What do you suppose planning and plotting ways to kill and spread general terror is? It's just fortunate that these things are being found out before they can be carried out. Although I guess if you think being attacked "isn't that bad" than maybe doing anything about it is overreacting....

:?

And there will be no full-scale invasion of Iran unless it does something extremely stupid, which would lead to no choice but war. (eg. launching newly acquired nukes)

There simply isn't the political will in the US, nor the military manpower needed, unless the situation was dire.

Bush is not, and will not be invading various middle eastern countries between now and 2009. It takes extreme paranoia and a distorted sense of reality to believe otherwise.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net

Logic 7 said:
Karlin said:

Karlin

They are paving the way to world war 3, or 4 just like hitler did, sad but it is the reality,the fact that the us economy is at straight falling,which canada depends on,they are ready to do anything to bring everybody else in the same boat.Pnac documents are pretty factual about what is going on these days.

If the US economy gets worse, it will not bring down Canada if Canada is smart enough diversify our trade more. *shrugs*

iARTthere4iam

Electoral Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pointy Rocks
RE: Bush 'viewed war in Lebanon as a curtain-raiser for atta

I love this logic Karlin. Why worry?

I know that my chances of being killed on an airplane are small, so why protect myself from extremists who might like to make a political point with my death?

Why make a big deal, there are lots of humans left. Takes a long time to kill 6 billion, surely we can come to a consensus before total anhilation.

All of the US could be destroyed and it still would hardly make a dent in the human population.

What if your family were killed? ONLY one family. No big deal.

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006

Karlin said:

If the U.S. invades Iran, then I'll believe it...

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Re: RE: Bush 'viewed war in Lebanon as a curtain-raiser for

iARTthere4iam said:
I love this logic Karlin. Why worry?

I know that my chances of being killed on an airplane are small, so why protect myself from extremists who might like to make a political point with my death?

Why make a big deal, there are lots of humans left. Takes a long time to kill 6 billion, surely we can come to a consensus before total anhilation.

All of the US could be destroyed and it still would hardly make a dent in the human population.

What if your family were killed? ONLY one family. No big deal.

Thanks for the reply iARTthere4iam.
- i disagree.

Well, yes, I see your point. There IS a threat to your, or my family when terrorist events take place, depending of course on the family being in that spot at that moment. My point was that it IS a very small threat to you specifically.

A plane can fall from the sky, at about the same rate that your family is killed by terrorists. To note, there are probably more deaths from airline maintenance problems than from terrorism.

Should we stop all planes from flying? Isn't that the same logic?

How about car crashes- taking many many more lives than terrorism - should we not ban all traffic then?

No , of course not, and you KNOW you are not afraid to drive your car "because you know you won't be the one to get in an accident".

Nope, it is not a risk to have terrorism , especialy in the planning stages, and I still say Canada should not get involved in fighting terrorists abroad until at lest one or two events actually take place.

I stand by my opinion in the first post in this thread:

Karlin