Just when we thought it couldn't get any worse.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Depleted Uranium Situation Worsens
Dr. Doug Rokke, PhD., former Director, U.S. Army Depleted Uranium project
The delivery of at least 100 GBU 28 bunker busters bombs containing depleted uranium warheads by the United States to Israel for use against targets in Lebanon will result in additional radioactive and chemical toxic contamination with consequent adverse health and environmental effects throughout the middle east.! Today, U.S., British, and now Israeli military personnel are using illegal uranium munitions- America's and England's own "dirty bombs" while U.S. Army, U.S. Department of Energy, U.S. Department of Defense, and British Ministry of Defence officials deny that there are any adverse health and environmental effects as a consequence of the manufacture, testing, and/or use of uranium munitions to avoid liability for the willful and illegal dispersal of a radioactive toxic material - depleted uranium. The use of uranium weapons is absolutely unacceptable, and a crime against humanity. Consequently the citizens of the world and all governments must force cessation of uranium weapons use...

This is insanity, pure and simple.

ckeo

Jul 22, 2006
calgary
RE: Just when we thought

The US dosnt care... they are a bunch of murders.....
and they wonder why there are terrorrists

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
Scary stuff... Makes me sick...

You've got to give some credit to the forces of EVIL, if such a thing exists... They are doing a heck of a good job sabotaging humanitarian progress.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Kreskin et al

This sort of news really pi$$es me off. The pentagoons denying the dangers of DU in the face of so much evidence to the contrary is one of the biggest snow jobs in this century. They will eventually be forced to admit this. I can't wait.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
#juan, their too busy diverting embryos to the waste bin to worry about it.

Graeme

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2006
#juan said:
The delivery of at least 100 GBU 28 bunker busters bombs containing depleted uranium warheads by the United States to Israel for use against targets in Lebanon will result in additional radioactive and chemical toxic contamination with consequent adverse health and environmental effects throughout the middle east.! Today, U.S., British, and now Israeli military personnel are using illegal uranium munitions- America's and England's own "dirty bombs" while U.S. Army, U.S. Department of Energy, U.S. Department of Defense, and British Ministry of Defence officials deny that there are any adverse health and environmental effects as a consequence of the manufacture, testing, and/or use of uranium munitions to avoid liability for the willful and illegal dispersal of a radioactive toxic material - depleted uranium. The use of uranium weapons is absolutely unacceptable, and a crime against humanity. Consequently the citizens of the world and all governments must force cessation of uranium weapons use...

Even if this is true... and I would like the source. Depleted uranium on bunker busters is not as horrid as you may think. A bunker buster is designed to burrow in to the ground or underground BUNKERS then explode. meaning all of the radio active material is release in a controlled manor and does not enter the atmosphere is any significant quantities.

This means the intended targets will all die (Militants are in bunkers - believe me civilians don't live in them)

Even those in the bunkers, but outside of the blast radius will be adversely affected and hopefully die.

Graeme

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2006
as it turns out the GBU-28 is not meant to be a dirty bomb exactly but the depleted uranium is an extremely effective explosive, becoming extremely hot where by killing just about anyone in the same tunnel system.

I feel compelled to go apply for a job at Raytheon (has a research and engineering center in waterloo where I live) I know a few people there and would be happy to do my part in providing the means to kill and destroy these terrorists and their extremist cults.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Re: RE: Just when we thought it couldn't get any worse.

Graeme said:
as it turns out the GBU-28 is not meant to be a dirty bomb exactly but the depleted uranium is an extremely effective explosive, becoming extremely hot where by killing just about anyone in the same tunnel system.

I feel compelled to go apply for a job at Raytheon (has a research and engineering center in waterloo where I live) I know a few people there and would be happy to do my part in providing the means to kill and destroy these terrorists and their extremist cults.

Go for it. The way things are going the employment will be unlimited and expanding exponentially.

Graeme

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2006
yeah but I like my current business providing technological means to automate homes and catch shop lifters. So I don't think I will really go apply for that job, Satelite/laser guidance systems used in weapons just aren't that much fun, and really aren't going to get much better than they are. (although an autonomous self guidance system would be a fun thing to work on... but I'm already doing that - just for more domestic purposes)

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Graeme said:
#juan said:

Even if this is true... and I would like the source. Depleted uranium on bunker busters is not as horrid as you may think. A bunker buster is designed to burrow in to the ground or underground BUNKERS then explode. meaning all of the radio active material is release in a controlled manor and does not enter the atmosphere is any significant quantities.

This means the intended targets will all die (Militants are in bunkers - believe me civilians don't live in them)

Even those in the bunkers, but outside of the blast radius will be adversely affected and hopefully die.

Makes me wonder what the right wing would say before the USA or Canada entered WW2.. Perhaps something like this...

"Even if this is true... and I would like the source. concentration camps...."

neone

Jul 15, 2006
Vancouver
#juan said:

Do you have a link for this?

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Most of the US aid to Israel is in the form of military ordinance & believe it is true that DU weapons have been sent there. US soldiers have been complaining of illnesses brought on them by using these weapons..mostly cancers.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Graeme wrote:

I don't know where you get your information but the GBU-28 bunker buster is exactly a dirty bomb. DU is not an explosive but a very effective penetrator. The explosive in a GBU-28 is 650 lbs of tritonal. DU is mainly U-238, which is a chemically toxic, radioactive, poison material with a half life of about four billion years. During the penetration the DU is vaporized. This means the dust from the vaporized DU will still be radioactive, and toxic, and poison, when our sun dies.

Freethinker

Electoral Member
Jan 18, 2006
RE: Just when we thought

I found the source by searching:

http://www.uruknet.info/?p=m25045&hd=0&size=1&l=e

First off, this does't appear to be a remotely trustworthy source. Probably why it wasn't cited.

Second most reputable source seem to indicate GBU-28 doesn't have DU. Ie Janes combat.

Third. DU is the most effective weapon to use against the hardened bunkers. Amount used will be relatively small compared to other recent wars like Iraq.