Annexation of Canada

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Is the Annexation of Canada part of Bush's Military Agenda?

By Michel Chossudovsky

June 20, 2005 Global Research, originally published in November 2004 - 2004-11-23

SUMMARY [For the complete article published by Global Research click here ]

Territorial control over Canada is part of Washington's geopolitical and military agenda as formulated in April 2002 by Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld. "Binational integration" of military command structures is also contemplated alongside a major revamping in the areas of immigration, law enforcement and intelligence.

At this critical juncture in our history and in anticipation of the visit of George W. Bush to Canada on November 30th, an understanding of these issues is central to the articulation of a coherent anti-war and civil rights movement.

For nearly two years now, Ottawa has been quietly negotiating a far-reaching military cooperation agreement, which allows the US Military to cross the border and deploy troops anywhere in Canada, in our provinces, as well station American warships in Canadian territorial waters. This redesign of Canada's defense system is being discussed behind closed doors, not in Canada, but at the Peterson Air Force base in Colorado, at the headquarters of US Northern Command (NORTHCOM).

The creation of NORTHCOM announced in April 2002, constitutes a blatant violation of both Canadian and Mexican territorial sovereignty. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld announced unilaterally that US Northern Command would have jurisdiction over the entire North American region. Canada and Mexico were presented with a fait accompli. US Northern Command's jurisdiction as outlined by the US DoD includes, in addition to the continental US, all of Canada, Mexico, as well as portions of the Caribbean, contiguous waters in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans up to 500 miles off the Mexican, US and Canadian coastlines as well as the Canadian Arctic.

NorthCom's stated mandate is to "provide a necessary focus for [continental] aerospace, land and sea defenses, and critical support for [the] nation’s civil authorities in times of national need."

(Canada-US Relations - Defense Partnership – July 2003, Canadian American Strategic Review (CASR), http://www.sfu.ca/casr/ft-lagasse1.htm

Rumsfeld is said to have boasted that "the NORTHCOM – with all of North America as its geographic command – 'is part of the greatest transformation of the Unified Command Plan [UCP] since its inception in 1947.'" (Ibid)

F

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Why is it always an island on the Atlantic ocean? For the easterners?

We in BC need something closer. Although having no islands of the western coast of the American continent is something of a logistical problem.

:oops: :p :x 8O :twisted: :twisted: The US invades part of Mexico and gives to Canada. :p :lol: 8O :evil: :?: :roll: :evil:

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
We'll never accept Turks and Caicos. There are too many ramifications from accepting them.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
problem I see with Turks & C. is the fact that it's subjects have UK Citizenships, what would happen?, would they get dual ones?...not forgeting also the fact that they'll never understand PST and GST (I'm still dumbfounded by it!!) :p

Alberta'sfinest

Electoral Member
Dec 9, 2005
We are being integrated. The reason is because the world is about to go to shit like it never has, and by allying up and unifying our defence, we'll stand a better chance against the asian aggressors. I've said it many times before, all the resource shortages, food shortages, water shortages, and global warming can all be rectified through population reduction. Since our economies are all about to hit a wall due to scarcity driving prices so high that hyperinflation will ensue, it seems that it's about the right time to fix the problem. People just seem to be either in denial, or just plain stupid to not realize this. We're like a bunch of deer in the headlights of a pick-up truck. Everyone is mesmerized by the bright lights and just stands there, while I'm seeing the 5000lbs of steel behind those lights, and you should too.

sanch

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2005
Canada should just call it a day and accept the inevitable. The advantage for Canadians would be they would get to vote in US elections and be more involved. They would also get to move to Hawaii or Florida.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Re: RE: Annexation of Canada

Alberta'sfinest said:
We are being integrated. The reason is because the world is about to go to shit like it never has, and by allying up and unifying our defence, we'll stand a better chance against the asian aggressors. I've said it many times before, all the resource shortages, food shortages, water shortages, and global warming can all be rectified through population reduction. Since our economies are all about to hit a wall due to scarcity driving prices so high that hyperinflation will ensue, it seems that it's about the right time to fix the problem. People just seem to be either in denial, or just plain stupid to not realize this. We're like a bunch of deer in the headlights of a pick-up truck. Everyone is mesmerized by the bright lights and just stands there, while I'm seeing the 5000lbs of steel behind those lights, and you should too.

We're being integrated because we have resources Alberta not because the world is going to shit. You have a groundless fear of the Asian Hordes and no fear at all of the real aggressors next door.
It's only our part of the world that's going to shit because were to stupid to conserve and stop the goddamn stupid consumerism, there are many alternatives to the present paradigm. The only thing we have to do is dump capitalism and start to do sustainable things like gardening and bycicling and eating a lot less, no problem. :lol:

sanch

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2005

darkbeaver said:
The only thing we have to do is dump capitalism and start to do sustainable things like gardening and bycicling and eating a lot less, no problem. :lol:

Do you have any advice on what we should do in the winter? That is the dangerous time when Canadians turn on the telly and absorb Amerciana. You'd have to ban the TV.

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
Oh comeone Mogz. Never say never. Besides after a long soldiers' career it would be nice to relax in the sun.

Oh hells yeah brother I agree, but i'd never be able to afford it. The place would become a Berverly Hills of Canada, a place only the rich could afford to visit and/or live in.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
It will if you keep working for them. Make it happen for them Mogz, if you survive they'll give you a little shack and scraps off thier table and you can be a houseboy or a stableboy.

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
Puntastic. In reality when i'm done my 20 year contract and retire at 41, i'll not have a need to work again. But thanks for the laugh.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The US would never be able to annex Canada. The Americans have never been good at invading other countries. If they can't even properly invade Iraq, a country of 20 million, there's no way they could take Canada, a country of 30 million.

Although Britain could quite easily take Canada without even breaking sweat.

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
It's impossible for any nation on this planet to take and control Canada. Too much land mass.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Daz_Hockey said:
problem I see with Turks & C. is the fact that it's subjects have UK Citizenships, what would happen?, would they get dual ones?...not forgeting also the fact that they'll never understand PST and GST (I'm still dumbfounded by it!!) :p

If they have British citizenship, then what would happen if the Turks and Caicos were invaded?

It would be like the Falklands. The country that invades the Turks and Caicos - even if it was the US - would get a damn good hammering.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

sanch said:
darkbeaver said:
The only thing we have to do is dump capitalism and start to do sustainable things like gardening and bycicling and eating a lot less, no problem. :lol:

Do you have any advice on what we should do in the winter? That is the dangerous time when Canadians turn on the telly and absorb Amerciana. You'd have to ban the TV.

Well first you need a little solar home that's not dependant on fossil fuels, and you have to put enough food away for the season and you have to have a little firewood and a great big gun to keep all your starving freezing suburban nieghbours in line. Fornicate the telly, start reading and writing again, what's the point in sitting on your ass watching the same phucking hockey game over and over. Thier are a lot of forgotten skills that are going to become very popular very soon. Get your cash out of the market before it's worthless and put it in basic necessary hardware , learn how to build and how to generate power. Alternative energy and alternative lifestyles or you can starve and freeze to death in a highrise waiting for the goodtimes. :lol:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Mogz said:
It's impossible for any nation on this planet to take and control Canada. Too much land mass.

It's strange you should say that, as Britain has already controlled the vast majority of Canada - even all those empty islands in the north.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Mogz said:

It's strange you should say that, as Britain has already controlled the vast majority of Canada - even all those empty islands in the north.